British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

National League Four Team Tournament

Personally I'd Rage Against The Met Office - but I know that 21st. Century Heathen will leap to their defence!!!

:lol:

Well the MetO forecasters were right so... :wink::P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see the case for both declaring a result to the semi's and for re-running from scratch. Either way it would be hard to argue the decision is wrong so I'll just go with the flow and not moan. That said, from an entirely biased point of view I hope the result stands from the semi and the Heathens go into the final. :)

Yes a couple of clubs may be agrieved if as Parsloes says the final is run somewhere with the teams that had qualified at the time the meeting was abandoned.but it is probably the best thing to do under the circumstances.. At least those riders will get 4 programmed rides..And not have to travel long distances for just 2 rides if their team did not qualify for the final...The format for this meeting is appalling anyway and should be run with 2 =16 heat semis at 2 different tracks followed by the final at a neutral track..It needs sorting if they are going to run it again next year as it is now, many riders will probably not wish to take part...

Well I know what you mean. All that travelling for just two rides (as is certain for 16 out of the 32 riders) must be mighty frustrating... But this has long been the format for this kind of multi-4TTs...

If there werte twelve clubs in the division, the best format would be three groups of four divided as regionally as possible, a qualifier at each track with the winners going through joined by the highest scoring runners-up...

That way everyone in the division gets a 4TT meeting at their home track (and I personally think a proper 4TT makes for - usually - a very good meeting...);and, as you, say then there's a proper 16 heat final too with all riders getting four rides each time for their troubles...

Just need that 12th. side or even better, 12th., 13th, 14th., 15th. and 16th. new side(s) in the NL for 2011!! :approve:

Well I know what you mean. All that travelling for just two rides (as is certain for 16 out of the 32 riders) must be mighty frustrating... But this has long been the format for this kind of multi-4TTs...

If there werte twelve clubs in the division, the best format would be three groups of four divided as regionally as possible, a qualifier at each track with the winners going through joined by the highest scoring runners-up...

That way everyone in the division gets a 4TT meeting at their home track (and I personally think a proper 4TT makes for - usually - a very good meeting...);and, as you, say then there's a proper 16 heat final too with all riders getting four rides each time for their troubles...

Just need that 12th. side or even better, 12th., 13th, 14th., 15th. and 16th. new side(s) in the NL for 2011!! :approve:

Id go along with that,, definatly much better than the ridiculous format they are using at present...why dont you put it to Mr Morrish...? Ill back you..

I think the trophy ought to be handed to Buxton as they were the only team that had qualified for the final when the meeting was adandoned :)

Hmm, still no official word on this, unless I've missed it? :unsure:

Hmm, still no official word on this, unless I've missed it? :unsure:

Mr. Morrish has said they'll be no decision until discussed at next league chairmen's meeting - can't say I know when that is...

Reading between the lines I'd say the two most likely scenarios now are either that the whole semis & Finals are re-run (maybe at Mildenhall but quite possibly elsewhere..) or that the event's scrapped for 2010. The earlier siggestion that the top four at the point this meeting was called off re-convene to race a final only seems now highly unlikely I'd say... :neutral:

Also depends how long they have to re-schedule when the decision is finally made ;)

If this meeting is to be re-staged and with the possibility of Mildenhalls demise, would it not be an idea to have the meeting with 2 groups of 5 teams therefore ensuring that all the teams are represented.

Oh silly me I forgot that when it comes to sensible decisions the powers that be are very short on common sense

If this meeting is to be re-staged and with the possibility of Mildenhalls demise, would it not be an idea to have the meeting with 2 groups of 5 teams therefore ensuring that all the teams are represented.

Oh silly me I forgot that when it comes to sensible decisions the powers that be are very short on common sense

Behave yourself Dickiemint, that's far too sensible for the BSPA to consider.......think of something that's logistically impractical and upsets a large proportion of the fans, and your nearly there! B)

Hardly a 'sensible' suggestion until the situation at Mildenhall is clarified :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain how the funding of this sort of meeting goes..?

Who pays the points money and mileage expenses for the competing teams..? Is it the staging club or is it each indiv. team..?

Only, if the latter (which I assume's the case..)this COULD surely still be staged at Mildenhall..? Albeit without the home team...

Could pick the remaining top eight in the division, restage and get fans from all over the country to rally round to attend West Row for it, with all NL clubs forsaking the normal 'perks' of a 'shared' event to contribute the takings instead to a new Mildenhall club which could be used to build for next year...

Some will attend on the basis that, yes, it may yet still be the last Speedway meeting ever at the track (like 'first' meetings, some "collect" last meetings too...! :rolleyes: ) More, one hopes, would attend on the basis of helping out in securing a future for this famous venue. Should be a really bumper crowd...

I can't see many obstacles to staging a BSPA meeting (as this is...) under such auspices...

Is this a crackpot idea or could it be raised with Mr. Morrish do people think..? :unsure: