British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Swedish Under 21 Semi

I know it's along way off,but i'm considering going to this with it being such an easy trip,so as soon as any details are known,re start time,riders etc i'd be gratefull if Johann or Anders could let me know then i will book my flights. :)

Still no details known about this meeting?

Have to book flights very soon if i'm gonna go, so need to know it's on that date for sure and start time would be usefull, though i've got a provisional bed booking already for that night in Nykoping.

the date is 100% sure unless it gets rained off, in that case Sunday August 22nd is backupday.

I've made an enquiry with the racedirector (via email) about your questions David, hopefully he will reply quickly.

Edited by Ghostwalker

the date is 100% sure unless it gets rained off, in that case Sunday August 22nd is backupday.

I've made an enquiry with the racedirector (via email) about your questions David, hopefully he will reply quickly.

Thanks yet again,good to hear its definately on,will probably book flights in next few days.

I've booked flights now so any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Have had to postpone my trip to Piraterna though,although next year hopefully i can stay away for 2 nights at a time and combine it with a trip to Linkoping.

Have had to postpone my trip to Piraterna though,although next year hopefully i can stay away for 2 nights at a time and combine it with a trip to Linkoping.

Hi David

I visited Linkoping a few weeks ago and very much enjoyed the meeting there - viewing from high up on the terracing added to the spectacle I felt! Also the standard of racing was very good for third tier Speedway.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Motala too. I managed to see a Wednesday night Elite league meeting there a couple of years ago and thought it was a very good race track.

Next on my Swedish hitlist are Vargarna and Griparna both within easy reach of Stockholm Skavasta airport!

Good luck with your travels.

Regards

Eddie

Hi David

I visited Linkoping a few weeks ago and very much enjoyed the meeting there - viewing from high up on the terracing added to the spectacle I felt! Also the standard of racing was very good for third tier Speedway.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Motala too. I managed to see a Wednesday night Elite league meeting there a couple of years ago and thought it was a very good race track.

Next on my Swedish hitlist are Vargarna and Griparna both within easy reach of Stockholm Skavasta airport!

Good luck with your travels.

Regards

Eddie

Having seen a few 3rd tier meetings on the web streams i am really looking forward to seeing some meetings in the future.As well as Linkoping,Smederna,Gnistorna+Eldarna look 'do able' for a non car person such as i!

Should at least see plenty of exciting young riders at the under 21 semi which is at Griparna's track,which was my very first foreign trip 3 years ago.

I have been to Vargarna twice due to its easy reach from Skavsta,and saw a classic meeting there the first time v Vastervik(The other one was good too).

Having read about your recent trip i decided going to Motala without stopping off at Linkoping on the way back would be a real waste, and personal circumstances should allow me to stay away from home for more than one night at a time next year.

Oh well 3 Polish trips before that Swedish trip(Poznan 11th July,Gniezno 18th July,Bydgoszcz 1st August)and Danish Under 21 Final at Slangerup(19th sept) and Lodz v Someone in a play off match on 26th Sept to follow.It's a hard life!!

sorry to disappoint you David, but Smederna is not doable without a car since the track

currently dont have any public transportation connected to it.

Although a busline passes by it will only get you there but not back to

Eskilstuna. Perhaps a cab would work if you dont mind spending 25-30-35 GBP

on a cab ride.

Also if going to Smederna i think that (Stockholm-)Västerås Aiport (ryanair) would

be a better choice then Skavsta.

Regarding Eldarna, unfortunately they are a very poor team and usually looses

against the best teams with 40-50 points or so...

Sounds like Eldarna have a poor track as well as team!Not exactly top of my list i must admit.Planning on the easy Motala/Linkoping trip and would like to go to Gnistorna,possibly above Smederna now that i know i have to factor in an expensive cab trip!!Thanks as ever for the info.

Oh well 3 Polish trips before that Swedish trip(Poznan 11th July,Gniezno 18th July,Bydgoszcz 1st August)and Danish Under 21 Final at Slangerup(19th sept) and Lodz v Someone in a play off match on 26th Sept to follow.It's a hard life!!

And divorce is expensive m8!!! :rolleyes:

And divorce is expensive m8!!! :rolleyes:

Her teenage son will be living with us next year, so she owes me in advance!!

Thats when the 2 nights away trips become not just possible but essential :lol:

Just two days till this now,weather forecasts looking ok at the moment,so hopefully will be seeing plenty of new(To me)riders shortly.

Especially looking forward to seeing Thorsell,Gudmondsson and Berntzon.

If only those flights out of Stansted weren't so bleedin early!

Back from this a few hours ago, was a good meeting eventually, after a long break after a massive rain storm hit during heat 1 proper,causing a 80 minute delay. When they got going again,Rosen,Ekloef and Messing walked away with it while most of the others had a good scrap for the top eight positions that qualified them for the final in Malilla.Apart from Henrik Karlsson, Hendersen and Tornblom who all looked very uncomfortable on the track, the rest all showed glimpses of quality.

Sadly the forum fave Jacob Thorsell just missed out ina run off, so will be first reserve for the final.

Only about 150-200 fans there, most of them family of the riders it seemed, but hell i enjoyed it.(Newport fans Mellgren struggled and didn't qualify!).

Next stop in 4 weeks is the Danish under 21 final in Slangerup!

Only about 150-200 fans there, most of them family of the riders it seemed, but hell i enjoyed it.(Newport fans Mellgren struggled and didn't qualify!).

Next stop in 4 weeks is the Danish under 21 final in Slangerup!

Hmm, knowing you David, if it was really Hell you'd enjoy it as long as there was a Speedway meeting on somewhere in the midsts of the firery inferno... :shock: And I don't believe you've seen Jens Beelzebub ride yet have you so that'd be another plus!! :P

Slangerup always conjures up in my mind an image of a grim northern (Danish) industrial city surrounded by slag heaps...! :blink: I'm probably totally wrong :oops:

As long as it's not full of Danish slags of the other variety...: your wife would kill ya!!!

Hmm, knowing you David, if it was really Hell you'd enjoy it as long as there was a Speedway meeting on somewhere in the midsts of the firery inferno... :shock: And I don't believe you've seen Jens Beelzebub ride yet have you so that'd be another plus!! :P

Well thats probably where i'm heading anyway but if Jens is riding then i may have to get there a few hours early!!

Slangerup always conjures up in my mind an image of a grim northern (Danish) industrial city surrounded by slag heaps...! :blink: I'm probably totally wrong :oops:

As long as it's not full of Danish slags of the other variety...: your wife would kill ya!!!

And it's that kind of thing that will hurry me along to the underworld!!!

Edited by davidba