British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

I was going to buy my ticket from the speedwaygp website. It put me through to seetickets.com and I just wondered if anyone else has used these and how long it takes for the tickets to come as it is only a couple weeks away now.

We ordered our tickets from seetickets.com a month ago and they arrived within 3 days.

We ordered our tickets from seetickets.com a month ago and they arrived within 3 days.

Same here. :)

Australian team manager Craig Boyce has confirmed the men from Down Under will be without national team legends Jason Crump and Leigh Adams at the Speedway World Cup.

Crump is set to undergo an operation on his arm, which will rule him out for the tournament, while Adams has confirmed he will not participate after his retirement from international racing last year.

Instead, the Aussies will track a young side including British SGP winner Chris Holder, Peterborough hotshot Troy Batchelor and World Under-21 champion Darcy Ward.

They will be joined by Rory Schlein, while Poole skipper Davey Watt follows up his Grand Prix debut in Cardiff last Saturday by captaining his country for the first time at the Norfolk Arena.

With a month until the next round of the World Championship – the Scandinavian SGP in Malilla on August 14 – Boyce can understand why Crump has chosen to have his operation now.

But Boyce has backed his young guns to make the most of their chance to shine on the world stage.

He said: “We’ve still got a very strong team. Time goes by and the faces change. It’s part of life. But I’m sure these guys will love it.

“We’ll just have to get on and do the best we can do with the guys we have got. I’m sure if the guys are up for it, we’ll be alright.

“Jason had a serious injury with his arm last year and I think he’s still not 100 percent right. I think he’s just trying to get his arm right, so that there are no complications in the future.”

While most of the team have raced in the SWC before, Poole youngster Ward will make his debut in the competition.

Despite only making his bow in the British Conference League with former King’s Lynn-based team Boston in 2008, Ward has quickly established himself as one of world speedway’s fastest rising stars.

And Boyce is confident there is more to come from the 18-year-old. He said: “Darcy’s career is going along nicely. He’s lucky to get a chance and I’m sure he’ll enjoy it.

"Darcy is a quality rider, he’s learning all the time and I’m sure there is a lot more for him to do. He has definitely done well since he came over. He has been good.”

Boyce was also quick to throw his backing behind former Poole team mate Watt, after handing him the job of leading his young side.

He said: “Davey is a generation older than those guys. He’s a good character for them to look up to, he has the gift of the gab and I’m sure he will do a good job. He’s had a good year and hopefully it will get better for him.”

actually i think King is a better rider then Stead even if King's performance in Sweden this year isn't on level with his capacity.

Actually I know Steads better than King, who couldn't even beat our reserves. :approve:

whats happening about the new silencers being fitted, many riders are threatening to boycott the SWC because of them, anybody know.

FIM have decided to allow the old silencers.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=3855016

a quick translation of an Interview with the new Swedish National team manager.

The interview was made by Radiosporten (Swedish Radio's sport department).

Peter Jansson is the name of the new Swedish National Team Manager, who under his first day

received an exemption, for his riders, from the rule of the mandatoty new silencers for SWC.

It feels great. I am looking forward to the upcoming SWC, says Peter Jansson (PJ).

With the exemption granted, PJ says that he hopes to be able to field the strongest possible team.

-I absolutely hope so he says.

However the exemption is only valid for the remainder of this year.

-Hopefully they have been able to find a good solution by then.

He haven't thought about any new visions for Swedish speedway yet.

-I know just about where i stand as a leader and what my opinion is.

We have a potential in Sweden to be successful with this.

He says that he is not worried about the fact that his predecessor, quite because of too much work.

-Not at the moment, we've had discussion during the day about what it is going to look like and it feels very good.

Actually I know Steads better than King, who couldn't even beat our reserves. :approve:

on the other hand King has been much more successful in Elitserien then stead and from what i have seen of them both

King is the better rider. so i could say the same. ;)

So to re-cap, so far we have:

Australia

Davey Watt

Rory Schlein

Darcy Ward

Chris Holder

Troy Batchelor

Great Britain

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Lee Richardson

Simon Stead

Tai Woffinden

Finland

Nieminen

Kylmäkorpi

Lahti

Katajisto

Hautamäki

Sweden

FIM have decided to allow the old silencers.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=3855016

a quick translation of an Interview with the new Swedish National team manager.

The interview was made by Radiosporten (Swedish Radio's sport department).

Peter Jansson is the name of the new Swedish National Team Manager, who under his first day

received an exemption, for his riders, from the rule of the mandatoty new silencers for SWC.

It feels great. I am looking forward to the upcoming SWC, says Peter Jansson (PJ).

With the exemption granted, PJ says that he hopes to be able to field the strongest possible team.

-I absolutely hope so he says.

However the exemption is only valid for the remainder of this year.

-Hopefully they have been able to find a good solution by then.

He haven't thought about any new visions for Swedish speedway yet.

-I know just about where i stand as a leader and what my opinion is.

We have a potential in Sweden to be successful with this.

He says that he is not worried about the fact that his predecessor, quite because of too much work.

-Not at the moment, we've had discussion during the day about what it is going to look like and it feels very good.

Thanks Ghostwalker

ZORRO GO FOR CAPTAIN IN HIS DEBUT IN TEAM SWEDEN:)

1. Fredrik Lindgren

2. Andreas Jonsson

3. Antonio Lindbaeck

4. Magnus Zetterstroem (Captain)

5. Daniel Nermark

Manager: Peter Jansson

5. Daniel Nermark

YESSSSSSS! That's the news I've been waiting to hear :D

Looking at all the teams does anyone see beyond Poland winning this year

ZORRO GO FOR CAPTAIN IN HIS DEBUT IN TEAM SWEDEN:)

1. Fredrik Lindgren

2. Andreas Jonsson

3. Antonio Lindbaeck

4. Magnus Zetterstroem (Captain)

5. Daniel Nermark

Manager: Peter Jansson

Awesome news.....can't wait to see Dan back riding at King's Lynn!!!! Better search out a blue and yellow flag now lol! :P

Awesome :approve: :approve: :approve: