British Speedway Forum

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

THE ALL ACTION AMERICAN KID COMPLETES WELSH OPEN LINE-UP

The final spot in the prestigious 2010 Welsh Open Championship has been handed to an exciting young prospect who has been impressing fans , scoring points and taking some scalps in the short space he has been riding in the UK in the All Action American Kenny Ingalls.

The youngster was the star performer in the USA Dream Team 2010 tour and his signature was chased by several clubs before he joined the Workington Comets, where he has settled in quickly to get amongst the points.

Pitching himself up against the top stars lined-up in the Welsh Open does not phase him in any way, “ I’ll be out to lower a few colours and gain a few more scalps on the way, “ says the youngster, “ I will be all out to finish as high as I can and hopefully make the Grand Final and earn a nice juicy pay packet!”

Meeting co-ordinator Laurence Rogers believes that Kenny could prove a spoiler in the meeting, “ Knowing Kenny as I do having been his team manager on his USA Dream Team tours, I think he could be a surprise package and shock a few. He is an all action never-say-die type of rider who always gives 110% and being American brings the showman side to the meeting which the fans will love.”

“When we had to replace Ty Proctor we looked long and hard at the riders available and to be honest at first Kenny was not even thought of but the more I looked at it the more I thought we needed something different to complete the line-up. So with the insider knowledge of Kenny he became the favourite to bring in and it took less than ten seconds to get him to agree to do it.”

“Now with the line-up complete we can get out and finish off promoting the event and will have fliers and promotional displays at Cardiff to hand out and hopefully will have a bumper crowd in on Sunday for what is going to be a cracker of a meeting, which starts at 1pm with gates open at 11am.”

Still looking for a texter....anyone?

Pity you couldn't have found one Taffy for the line-up, Laurence, but it looks a good one, and of course you can never have too many Aussies!

Pity you couldn't have found one Taffy for the line-up, Laurence, but it looks a good one, and of course you can never have too many Aussies!

We've got an adopted one --JONES --good Welsh name and he comes from South Wales (well he lives there now --- but originally New South Wales!!)

We've got an adopted one --JONES --good Welsh name and he comes from South Wales (well he lives there now --- but originally New South Wales!!)

Great to see him doing well - PL next year?

Best of luck to all in today's meeting; here's hoping the track doesn't play up too much.

The Big Question - will the Moose get a free lunch?

Chris Slabon to win, then sign for Newport and get an average for the 2011 season under floodlights!

JT.

Chris Slabon to win, then sign for Newport and get an average for the 2011 season under floodlights!

JT.

Is he really that good? :blink: I haven't seen him yet and not up for the Welsh Open after yesterday :cry:

Is he really that good? :blink: I haven't seen him yet and not up for the Welsh Open after yesterday :cry:

What happened yesterday, that's so tearful? :blink:

Edited by Najjer

What happened yesterday, that's so tearful? :blink:

The crying emotion is because i was also looking forward to the Welsh Open today. But unfortunately i'm not up for it after an eventful night yesterday.

Well Slabon did win. Fisher unlucky again after looking the most likely for most of the afternoon.

JT.

After sussing out the track Slabon looked pretty invincible. Although his gating was brilliant, even when he was behind he'd really give it a go.

Although the meeting did drag on a touch at times (nothing new there) there were some great races. Doyle off 15m was superb, Fisher had a brilliant last bend overtake of Lanham and Kennett was really exciting.

Does anyone know what average Slabon had for Ipswich last? I guess he'd come in on double that. On today's showing he could easily be one of the top riders in the league.

JT.

Edited by JT

Not much talk about this meeting considering there was suppose to be a large crowd. Only 2 Wasp fans have commented anywhere :blink: