British Speedway Forum

Not much talk about this meeting considering there was suppose to be a large crowd. Only 2 Wasp fans have commented anywhere :blink:

That`s because no-one could see the meeting because of the dust

That`s because no-one could see the meeting because of the dust

And thats why i didnt bother going.Track was treacherous on friday,and was the usual dustbowl. Why some wasps fans keep banging on about night meetings, amazes me.

And thats why i didnt bother going.Track was treacherous on friday,and was the usual dustbowl. Why some wasps fans keep banging on about night meetings, amazes me.

Too busy guzzling Db's Dinner, I reckon.

I enjoyed the meeting, some very good races. Doyle from 15m springs immediately to mind, Fisher and Slabon impressed as well. Not been to Newport this season so dont know if the track was typical but given the weather it would have been difficult to keep the dust down. Having said that I think I had at least 4 heats where I couldnt see what happened on bends one and two as I had to wait until they arrived on the back straight before I could see them again!

Slabon would be a very good signing for Newport, or indeed any team in the PL, on that showing. Legualt looked anything but the exciting rider Iwe had at Mildenhall a few years ago, shame as I thought he had the talent to really go places in the sport. Hopefully things will improve for him.

The track won't change for one night meeting.. That would be a big waste of Newports time, with constant night meetings Newport can change a few things with regards to equipment and it'll be easier to keep the dust down. I don't think anyone has said just switching to night will stop the dust :unsure:

It was my first visit to Newport and I really enjoyed it. Yes it was dusty, but the racing was pretty close and there was a chance of over-taking - if setup and guts were right! Fisher's race from the back was immense and had everyone cheering, thats what people want to see - not gate and go.

Slabon looked dangerous from the start, so congrats to him on his win. The Fish will be annoyed, but another good performance and certainly makes up for his poor showing at the Pairs.

We had to leave early (after heat 13), as we needed to get to the airport - but nice venue, friendly banter and a good time.

Finally hats off to Jason Doyle for laying it down when Alex Davies went down in heat 12. Davies went down right in front of him and his reaction time and skill to lay the bike down was immense. Especially impressive taking into account his weekend of partying in Cardiff ;)

Thought it was a decent meeting with some very good racing at times. The Dust was a bit too much but I dont think anything more could have been done as it was a hot day and they bought the water cart around every four heats. I heard there were a few problems with the second bend at the Friday meeting but it seemed fine yesterday however it seemed there a few problems with the fourth bend. We saw Alex Davies coming off the back of his bike after lifting violently forcing Jason Doyle to lay down his bike and alot of riders were lifting coming out of the bend.

Jason Doyles 15m win was probably the highlight of the meeting but I was very impressed with Chris Slabon. I dont think it will be long before we see him riding in Britain after that, deserved the victory. Good Meeting I say given the conditions and always nice to see a big crowd.

Can anyone shed any light why Alex Davies rode in place of Mark Jones

He drunk too much in Cardiff :lol:

Good Meeting and was a pleasure meeting Ivan Mauger, Anders Anderson, Kevin Doolan and all the other folk I spoke with.

And for Kenny and the Edinburgh Monarchs Folk, here's a wee video for you to savour... :approve:

Ryan Fisher

People keep banging on about nights for a reason. The difference in air temp and lack of sun will/should keep moisture in the track and there for prevent less dust. It amazes me that people from all over the speedway world go on about the dust at Newport. Newport runs in the day on dirt under the sun and wind. Unfortunatly once a track gets to a base no water can be put on it unless you want to injure riders. I think given the weather on Sunday the track staff done a great job. So it wil be great to see newport underlights, 1 for the spectical and 2 for a better racing surface. So mr moose i believe thats why the educated fans are going on about nights.

:lol:

You`ve missed the Welsh Open 2 years on the bounce following a day out in Cardiff.

Wouldn`t have anything to do with your Mrs and the head of ten raging bears on the Sunday would it? ;):P

Too busy guzzling Db's Dinner, I reckon.

There`s one waiting for him,but I think it should be forfeited because he didn`t go yesterday :lol:

We also fed the Brick,at least he turned up :approve:

As for the meeting,it was one of the better Welsh Open titles,Doyle,Fisher and Slabon obviously enjoyed it.

And just for the Moose,the bar on the second bend was open and selling `Bow,it tasted mighty fine to me.