British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiderweb

New Junior Speedway Bike To Be Commercially Available In Australia

This is great News the intersting fact is these frames are being made in the UK and have been tested at Swindon speedway,

someone over there needs to tap in to this!

New Junior Speedway Bike To Be Commercially Available In Australia

Gillman Media posted Thursday June 10, 2010.

Junior Speedway riders in Australia will soon have the chance to buy commercially produced 125cc 4 stroke Junior Speedway bikes, designed and built by International Speedway Star, and ten-times Australian Champion, Leigh Adams.

The first LAR (Leigh Adams Racing) produced bike has now been built and tested, and besides a couple of minor changes by Leigh, production on these will start very shortly and they will be ready for sale around November 2010, although the first ten have already been sold!

More info Gillman web site

http://www.gillmanspeedway.com/release.asp?NewsId=32130

Edited by spiderweb

Its been tried before with the Shupa brand.

A lot will depend on the price and if they are proven to be any faster than the old Honda motors, which the Shupas werent.

Chopper

Its been tried before with the Shupa brand.

A lot will depend on the price and if they are proven to be any faster than the old Honda motors, which the Shupas werent.

Chopper

Price is $4500 in Aust.

Price is $4500 in Aust.

About £2,622 at current rates. :)

Price is $4500 in Aust.

Ok thanks for that, that seems a fair price to me as i can see by the photos it has all the good gear on them.

Wheels alone will set you back around a thousand.

Chopper

I don't want to appear negative, however it will be the same old story; cashed up parents will buy the new bikes standard and then proceed to pour thousands of dollars to make them go quicker. Other parents will then have to follow suit so their kids can compete.

There are hundreds of the old honda's floating around and I personally can't see too much change in the near future.

Maybe a few kids that are fresh to the sport will get the new bikes, but I'm sure the honda's will continue to pick up major trophies.

I personally think the engines should be absolutely stock standard, and use cheaper trials tyres rather than mitas.