British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Jack Holder is definitely a goer - unbeaten in the pairs event; he even lowered the colours of Arthur Sissis in a memorable dice - try as he might Arthur couldn't quite get his nose in front over four hard-fought laps

Pretty sure either Chris or James has said before that Jack will be better than either of them ........... will be very interesting to see him turn out over here when the day comes!!

Updates on round 3 will be available Here

Updates on round 3 will be available Here

Hope the combined effects of the heat / alcohol don't get to the texter(s) and see them pass out before the last few heats! :wink::lol:

Hope the combined effects of the heat / alcohol don't get to the texter(s) and see them pass out before the last few heats! :wink::lol:

Gotta keep yer fluid levels up, Brynbach! Gave it a trial nudge last night in preparation for STRAYADAY!!

All systems go out at the track - a picturesque Bull Ring in the middle of nowhere. Base camp has been established on turn three - we briefly considered turn 4 until we saw the 'Dry Area' sign so we settled for the best view in the house near the back straight bar & dunnies; and now we're back at the Pub recharging our batteries.

Doyley is OK and will ride with the assistance of pain-killers; I'd offer him some of mine but they might kill everything else. Reserves are Ryan Sedgmen and Robert Medson. Gates open 5.00 tapes up approx 7.30.

Be There or Be Somewhere Else!

Seems to have been a meeting going for the record of "longest meeting ever" record. What a marathon!

Also hard luck to Kozza & machine failure, though well done overall!!

Seems to have been a meeting going for the record of "longest meeting ever" record. What a marathon!

Also hard luck to Kozza & machine failure, though well done overall!!

It's designed to improve Bar Sales, Icicle - and judging by the Ginger Baker impersonator behind my Forehead today it seems to have worked a treat.

Well what a day! Another great episode in the 2011 OzChamps is under our belts as we say cheerio to Broken Hill and G'day to Mildura. We knew it was gonna be hot; "how much?" was the question and the answer was 'you shouldn't have asked!"

It's a beaut track - perhaps more suited to long-distance racing - but all the riders I spoke to enjoyed themselves and more important everyone managed to avoid the fence, which could be defined as not quite as soft as regular concrete, which has more give. The controversial 'Three Laps Only' call didn't exactly meet with approval in the stands but there would have been far more mechanical carnage if we'd run four so sadly Referee BJ & co got that right.

From the off, when the introductions were performed by our visiting raconteur and Man-about-Speedway Dick Barrie in front of the Commentary Box - miles away from the Spectators - there was a surreal atmosphere about the whole meeting, altho' to be perfectly honest this could have been due to the comestibles already consumed by your intrepid reporter - Peace & Love, Man! A decent crowd turned up to welcome our heroes including some very tasty examples of the opposite sex, especially the Fourex Girls - my thoughts about them? XXXX! The Sidecar supports provided us with welcome relief - and FOUR LAPS!!

Doyley was down to ride but when he was unloading his gear he gave the shoulder a tweak and that was it - off to the quacks and out of the series alas - a sad end for him but he'll be back for sure. I hear his bikes are up for sale - they'd be a good score - hardly used! Flyin' Ryan Sedgmen was duly mobilised, but blowing his no 1 donk in the pits didn't exactly help his chances, even tho' it made it easier to mark your program before his races had even started. A bigger workload ensued for our sole reserve Robert Medson when Taylor Poole withdrew after four from three rides including a great opening heat win but Robbie answered the challenge well.

Down at the blunt end Mich & Arlo performed admirably as ever without setting the world on fire. Sweets had another disappointing evening - I'm sure the best is yet to come but it didn't turn up at the Hill. Kyle, Cory and Ty all battled well while Darcy had one to forget - try as he might, and he always does, nothing went right for him. Memorable moments from the first half - Kozza on fire along with Justin, and a u-beaut power cut back by Chris to pass Cam Woodward.

After the first three rounds of racing everything went pear-shaped for a while; the trackwork produced more problems and we only had one heat before it was Grader racing again. It was neck and neck for about twenty minutes with the Caterpillar without the lights taking it out by a Bullbar then the Caterpllar with the flashing amber light cut across the infield and should have been excluded, in my opinion.

From here on in the racing improved 100% - we had thrilling dices, passing, faster and faster times - you name it, it was Speedway, Jim and just as we know it! B Main time loomed all too soon with Sam, Cam, & Justin arguing over which was the best gate while Rory bided his time, took what was left over - Yellow - then proceeded to blast around the outside of turns 1 & 2 in a typical Gating Blinder and ran away with the race! A ripper!

The A Main was yet another of the Watt/Holder duels that we're getting accustomed to this series - fantastic entertainment - they should have run SIX laps I reckon! Kozza & Rory had their own dice at the back before Rory decided he enjoyed living more than trying to pass Kozza round the outside and settled for fourth!

Thanks to all concerned especially Promoter Gavin Sedgmen, Referee Brendon Gledhill and Guest Announcer Dick Barrie for another one for the memory banks - the only problem with OzChamps 2011 is it's gotta end this weekend - Bring It On!!

The Updates crew aka the Coalition for the Bewildered continued the conversation on the balcony of the Black Lion 'til the wee small hours - OMG!

Well what a day! Another great episode in the 2011 OzChamps is under our belts as we say cheerio to Broken Hill and G'day to Mildura. We knew it was gonna be hot; "how much?" was the question and the answer was 'you shouldn't have asked!"

It's a beaut track - perhaps more suited to long-distance racing - but all the riders I spoke to enjoyed themselves and more important everyone managed to avoid the fence, which could be defined as not quite as soft as regular concrete, which has more give. The controversial 'Three Laps Only' call didn't exactly meet with approval in the stands but there would have been far more mechanical carnage if we'd run four so sadly Referee BJ & co got that right.

From the off, when the introductions were performed by our visiting raconteur and Man-about-Speedway Dick Barrie in front of the Commentary Box - miles away from the Spectators - there was a surreal atmosphere about the whole meeting, altho' to be perfectly honest this could have been due to the comestibles already consumed by your intrepid reporter - Peace & Love, Man! A decent crowd turned up to welcome our heroes including some very tasty examples of the opposite sex, especially the Fourex Girls - my thoughts about them? XXXX! The Sidecar supports provided us with welcome relief - and FOUR LAPS!!

Doyley was down to ride but when he was unloading his gear he gave the shoulder a tweak and that was it - off to the quacks and out of the series alas - a sad end for him but he'll be back for sure. I hear his bikes are up for sale - they'd be a good score - hardly used! Flyin' Ryan Sedgmen was duly mobilised, but blowing his no 1 donk in the pits didn't exactly help his chances, even tho' it made it easier to mark your program before his races had even started. A bigger workload ensued for our sole reserve Robert Medson when Taylor Poole withdrew after four from three rides including a great opening heat win but Robbie answered the challenge well.

Down at the blunt end Mich & Arlo performed admirably as ever without setting the world on fire. Sweets had another disappointing evening - I'm sure the best is yet to come but it didn't turn up at the Hill. Kyle, Cory and Ty all battled well while Darcy had one to forget - try as he might, and he always does, nothing went right for him. Memorable moments from the first half - Kozza on fire along with Justin, and a u-beaut power cut back by Chris to pass Cam Woodward.

After the first three rounds of racing everything went pear-shaped for a while; the trackwork produced more problems and we only had one heat before it was Grader racing again. It was neck and neck for about twenty minutes with the Caterpillar without the lights taking it out by a Bullbar then the Caterpllar with the flashing amber light cut across the infield and should have been excluded, in my opinion.

From here on in the racing improved 100% - we had thrilling dices, passing, faster and faster times - you name it, it was Speedway, Jim and just as we know it! B Main time loomed all too soon with Sam, Cam, & Justin arguing over which was the best gate while Rory bided his time, took what was left over - Yellow - then proceeded to blast around the outside of turns 1 & 2 in a typical Gating Blinder and ran away with the race! A ripper!

The A Main was yet another of the Watt/Holder duels that we're getting accustomed to this series - fantastic entertainment - they should have run SIX laps I reckon! Kozza & Rory had their own dice at the back before Rory decided he enjoyed living more than trying to pass Kozza round the outside and settled for fourth!

Thanks to all concerned especially Promoter Gavin Sedgmen, Referee Brendon Gledhill and Guest Announcer Dick Barrie for another one for the memory banks - the only problem with OzChamps 2011 is it's gotta end this weekend - Bring It On!!

The Updates crew aka the Coalition for the Bewildered continued the conversation on the balcony of the Black Lion 'til the wee small hours - OMG!

BFD, you certainly have a way with words. Love your posts!

BFD, you certainly have a way with words. Love your posts!

You forgot cute, Pollyana.

Word about down here that a full-scale Under-21 Test Series could be on the cards next seson running under the auspices of the Darren & Sharon Boocock Scholarship; great news after this season's tour was hamstrung by a combination of the 'orrible weather and the dictatorial nepotistic decisions of a deluded Little Australian-driven Queensland MA. The scholarship team is based on giving young up and coming British riders a chance to compete in Australia against the same standard of Australian riders, and should run over about six weeks during December/January, taking in tracks like Gillman, Mildura, Broadford/Undera and Kurri Kurri. Teams will include riders of the quality of Kyle Newman, Kyle Howarth and Josh Auty against young up-and comers rather than established Oz Superstars.

OzChamps is looking to run a bit earlier as well with a NSW round already pencilled in for New Year's at Kurri Kurri. Obviously the earlier we get these things sorted the easier it will be for youse mob to plan your Winter escape to the sunshine.

I will be available to lead and/or inspire any tour group mad enough to venture Downunder in my traditional role as a Cultural Attache/Enforcer.

Edited by BigFatDave

You forgot cute, Pollyana.

Word about down here that a full-scale Under-21 Test Series could be on the cards next seson running under the auspices of the Darren & Sharon Boocock Scholarship; great news after this season's tour was hamstrung by a combination of the 'orrible weather and the dictatorial nepotistic decisions of a deluded Little Australian-driven Queensland MA. The scholarship team is based on giving young up and coming British riders a chance to compete in Australia against the same standard of Australian riders, and should run over about six weeks during December/January, taking in tracks like Gillman, Mildura, Broadford/Undera and Kurri Kurri. Teams will include riders of the quality of Kyle Newman, Kyle Howarth and Josh Auty against young up-and comers rather than established Oz Superstars.

OzChamps is looking to run a bit earlier as well with a NSW round already pencilled in for New Year's at Kurri Kurri. Obviously the earlier we get these things sorted the easier it will be for youse mob to plan your Winter escape to the sunshine.

I will be available to lead and/or inspire any tour group mad enough to venture Downunder in my traditional role as a Cultural Attache/Enforcer.

Will your brochure for post-2011 British speedway season tours 'down under' be available to view on the internet in due course BFD? :P:wink:

Will your brochure for post-2011 British speedway season tours 'down under' be available to view on the internet in due course BFD? :P:wink:

If it is it'll be in the X-Rated section, Brynbach! Some very fine examples of

in the Downtown Mall & on the Sunraysias buses today; lucky I can't get locked up for thinking, eh?

Results from Broke'n 'Ill and standings, courtesy Of Speedway GP: Interesting to note they must have copied the scores from Speedway Updates before your eagle-eyed correspondent managed to get Lunchy to correct his glaring schoolboy error - Robbie Medson actually only scored one point from two outings. Taylor Poole went home after withdrawing from the meeting so we'll have a look around Mildura and see who we can round up for the meeting. I think Darcy's now blown up seven donks so Australia could be looking at a shortage of spare engines.

BROKEN HILL HEAT SCORECHART: Davey Watt 13, Chris Holder 13, Kozza Smith 12, Justin Sedgmen 12, Cameron Woodward 10, Rory Schlein 9, Sam Masters 9, Cory Gathercole 8, Tyron Proctor 7, Darcy Ward 7, Kyle Newman 6, Richard Sweetman 5, Taylor Poole 4, Mitchell Davey 2, Arlo Bugeja 2, Ryan Sedgmen 0. Reserve: Robert Medson 2 - Oh, no he didn't!!

B Final: Schlein, Woodward, J Sedgmen, Masters.

A Final: Holder, Watt, Smith, Schlein.

AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS (AFTER ROUND THREE OF FOUR): 1 Chris Holder (20+20+20) 60, 2 Davey Watt (18+17+18) 53, 3 Rory Schlein (14+15+16) 45, 4 Darcy Ward (15+18+10) 43, 5 Cory Gathercole (16+13+12) 41, 6= Kozza Smith (13+7+17) 37, Cameron Woodward (6+16+15) 37, 8= Justin Sedgmen (12+10+14) 36, Ty Proctor (11+14+11) 36, 10 Sam Masters (9+11+13) 33, 11 Jason Doyle (17+12) 29, 12 Richard Sweetman (10+9+7) 26, 13 Taylor Poole (7+4+6) 17, 14 Kyle Newman (6+9) 15, 14 Arlo Bugeja (4+3+3) 10, 16 Mitchell Davey (3+2+4) 9.

PS good photo of

me & Darcy Ward at the Under-21s in Brisbane; I'm the one on the left.

Edited by BigFatDave

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

Is this Cosmic or what?

Just logged on to update the thread for Mildura and I got this message as above - I'm just about to stroll over to the Gateway Tavern for a spot of Lunch with Lunchy - couple of frothy chops oughta do the trick I reckon - Bad Gateway - NEVER!

Mildura as usual gets right behind Speedway - a two minute piece on the news last night and plenty of inches in the Sunraysia Daily - Rory is tagged as the South Australian Veteran - makes sure it's right in everyone's line of vision.

Anyhow, Spider & Scotland 1314 are going out to the track to bags a spot on the first bend;

Lunchy's trying to stuff up me stream-of-consciousness reportage by telling his half-liners; the lads from the room next door in the motel - look out for the Giant Deckchair next time you're in Milly - are in hysterics watching us stumbling around attempting to load the Ute; not so much six characters in search of an author - more like four alcoholics looking for the plot. Ziggy (sportowyfakty) and Wally from Poland are around somewhere; Mick & Barb are in town; the Kirby Clan are recovering from a trip around the Vineyards (read Wineries) and the Pommy Backpackers are on the Rum. Looking good for an educational evening on Turn One.

I wonder what colour Nightie Crazy Sue'll be wearing tomorrow morning?

PS Updates are here.

Edited by BigFatDave