British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Yep, Parramatta is ON. Dexter, check out the TPCR website - http://www.sydneyspeedway.com.au/ - for more details of Tappy's spectacular - it's got the lot: Solos; Sidecars; Sprintcars and a Demo Derby! When 10-time Australian Sprintcar Champ Gary Rush and his mates took over TPCR he promised that if the Bikes wanted a race meeting then he'd prepare a track for them. Now David Tapp is GM there it's London to a Brick that there'll be more mixed meetings there. I'll be there along with the usual travelling circus of motley fans that go all over Oz in search of High Octane Entertainment - be it Two- Three- or Four-wheeled!

Bring Back Mixed Meetings!

See you there!

Remarkably erudite post there, tink426, I can only presume that like the vast majority of our Two and Three-wheeled buddies you've had occasion to beat your head against the brick wall that is MA. So far this year they've already cost us the 2011 FIM Sidecars Gold Trophy. We must get together and compare bruises sometime.

SAD TO THINK THAT AUSTRALIA HAS THE CURRENT WORLD UNDER 21 SPEEDWAY CHAMPION RACING THIS WEEK END TO DEFEND HIS TITLE AN MOTORCYCLING AUSTRALIA STILL HAVE NOTHING ON THERE WEBPAGE .WHATS GOING ON ,NOT PROUD OFF A YOUNG AUSSIE OR IS IT JUST SPEEDWAY WELL LOOK AT WORLD SPEEDWAY IN 2009 , AUSTRALIA WON ALL THREE TITLES

MA deserve less respect and have less integrity than ATSIC. :lol: you've gotta laugh. What a joke. What a fracus!

Thanks Dave, what a pity there is only one meeting at Parramatta. Hope there's going to be some racing in Gosford this year.

Thanks Dave, what a pity there is only one meeting at Parramatta. Hope there's going to be some racing in Gosford this year.

Could be pushing poo uphill, Dexter.

Keep an eye on this site - http://www.centralcoastspeedway.com/dates.html - for any news. I think your nearest track'll be Nepean/Castlereagh. When I first came to OZ we used to fire up the ol' Rambler Rebel, roll a coupla scoobs and head out to Castlereagh Drags - now long gone!

1/4 mile to Endsville!

Edited by BigFatDave

Could be pushing poo uphill, Dexter.

Keep an eye on this site - http://www.centralcoastspeedway.com/dates.html - for any news. I think your nearest track'll be Nepean/Castlereagh. When I first came to OZ we used to fire up the ol' Rambler Rebel, roll a coupla scoobs and head out to Castlereagh Drags - now long gone!

1/4 mile to Endsville!

Nepean is just a few kms from Penrith - Western Suburb of Sydney. I was there in 2004 with a group of retired local speedway riders (Bruce Croxon for example). Gosford is a bit further but I have been there number of times. Besides, I live in Sutherland Shire so each of these locations is quite far for me. Somersby is ok (this is where all the junior speedway takes place) and even Newcastle/Broadmeadow is ok (although it would probably be wise to spend one night there). Besides, with these Central Coast locations there is a good access through King Georges Road and F3 Motorway.

There used to be more info on Aussie speedway when Australian Solo Bikes discussion list was available. However, it was closed down some time ago and I lost contact with all Gosford folks (e.g. Jan Grainger, club secretary).

Been hearing some whispers about another meeting this season in Renmark South Aus.

Not sure when but hopefully they can get the track a bit better this year as its a great venue.

Junior

First Club Meeting of the Season at Broadford today; mainly locals as our International boys are mostly still O/S. Lunchy will be announcing and telling his god-awful jokes as usual: I'll attempt to interrupt him later and see if I can get some updates.

For all you international visitors Broadford is about 80km up the Hume Highway from Melbourne; marvellous complex just down the road from one of

- that's me in the red skivvy about 4 minutes in - Trust Me, Sucker!

Full Gillman program for 2010/11 is available here.: this is the Vic. Speedway site.

A message from Lunchy!! I've deleted the personal abuse!

It would have been a perfect day weather wise but for the breeze that made it to a wind several times. Track was really good with the rain during the week helping deliver nearly optimum conditions.

A bit down on numbers due to riders still in the UK but in A grade solos Mark Jones was the stand out ahead of NSW visitor Tom Armstrong from Griffith. A grade solos had 7 nominate, that was down to six by tapes up because of illness, down to five after turn one of heat one when Adam Bond came off and head butted the track, and down to four by the end of the meeting. Two rounds of solos had 5 in the heat so the scoring will seem a little strange with some 4,3,2,1 races and some 3,2,1 races

Mark Jones 3,4,4,3 = 14

Tom Armstrong 3,3,3,2 = 11

Beau Evans 1,0,2,1 = 4

Tony Nagel 2,2,0,dns = 4

Matt Jones 2,1,1,0 = 4

Adam Bond Fx,dns,dns,dns = 0

B grade solos had seven in it and some interesting scraps between Wayne Morrison, Jody Mason, Steve Shaw and Brad Tillett. Morrison had a bit too much class throughout and reeled off four wins on the trot. I must make mention of John Doolan in this class, he said after the meeting he has lost about 20kgs in the off season and he rode far better than I have seen him ride before, The improvement was noticeable and I was really pleased for him. John is a lovely bloke who knows he will not be world champion but to see him being competitive rather than off the pace was great.

Wayne Morrison 3,3,3,3 = 12

Jody Mason 3,3,2,1 = 9

Steve Shaw 2,1,2,3 = 9

Brad Tillett 1,2,3,2 = 8

John Doolan 2,0,1,2 = 5

Shane Benbow dnf,2,1,1 = 4

Andrew Havers 0,1,0,0 = 1

Next meetings at Broadford will be

Nov 14 - Club Day #2

Dec 11 - Club Day #3 (Sat meeting, 1pm start)

Jan 23 - Practice day

Feb 12 - Vic Sidecar (TBC)

Mar 19 - Club Championships

Apr 9 - Classic Day

May 15 - Final club day

In the meantime, word of a commemorative Dinner for Leigh Adams in Mildura on Tuesday 4th January, the night before his farewell bash/meeting; more news as it becomes available.

That one's too late, but thanks. :)

The Rob Woffinden Classic will be on SAturday 20th November at Pinjar Park...

Cheers. :) Thanks too to the organisers as this is perfectly timed for me. :lol:

I've been keeping an eye on that names confirmed and it's looking good. Shame Sam Masters pulled out.

Just heard about two Swedish riders coming Downunder for a few weeks and hopefully a fair few meetings around the Traps - Dackarna and Eastbourne's Ricky Kling and Rospiggarna Young Gun Pontus Aspgren. They should add a bit of colour to our scene; I hope I'll be able to check them out soon.

Greetings

Has anyone got a link for the Leigh Adams Farewell 5th Jan 2011, will we need to book tickets in advance etc? How close is it to the airport etc?

Had a chat with the Mrs and may be offered a beer pass, ie, fly down from Sydney and back that day - if possible, therefore checking out the possibilities ;)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

Mike

Greetings

Has anyone got a link for the Leigh Adams Farewell 5th Jan 2011, will we need to book tickets in advance etc? How close is it to the airport etc?

Had a chat with the Mrs and may be offered a beer pass, ie, fly down from Sydney and back that day - if possible, therefore checking out the possibilities ;)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

Mike

Everything will be on here - http://www.leighadams.com/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=2&lang=en - Mike, including the confirmation of Jaroslav Hampel. I'll pm you when I get a chance. Mildura to Sydney would have to be via Melbourne and you won't get a plane home after the meeting. Best bet is arrive the day before to take in the Dinner and leave the day after if seats are still available otherwise it's Greyhound.

Edited by BigFatDave

Second round is to be run in Kurri Kurri. Has anyone ever been there? It is not that far from me and I am also considering seeing it.

What time may these meetings start?

Second round is to be run in Kurri Kurri. Has anyone ever been there? It is not that far from me and I am also considering seeing it.

What time may these meetings start?

Kurri Kurri's got a meeting on this Sunday, Dexter, with Jnr solo & sidecar, Snr solo & sidecar taking part. You'd have to check their Website for details - http://www.kurrikurrispeedway.org.au/ - I'm sure Julie or Peter will be able to set you straight.

Other meetings this weekend include Tamworth for Long Track solos & Sidecars on the Saturday plus down South at Olympic Park on Saturday night at Mildura there's solos, Sidecars & Quads.

Among the riders will be Ryan Sedgmen returning after injury and new Daddy Tom Hedley not forgetting returned star Justin Sedgmen.

Just to keep you updated on the adventures of Ricky Kling and Pontus Aspgren Downunder: after their hectic days in Perth they're heading Eastwards.

Next weekend's a big one for them, with meetings at Gillman (SA) on Saturday 27th then up to Mildura for Sunday the 28th at Olympic Park, where the Sedgmen Brothers will be looking after them (and doubtless leading them astray!). After that so far they're nailed on for the Jack Scott Trophy at Gillman on the 11th Dec then its off to North Brisvegas for the 5 Team Tournament at Mick Doohan Raceway on the 18th Dec.

I'm not sure if they'll survive Christmas at Trackman's Shed on the Gold Coast - come to think of it I've got grave doubts for the safety of the Darren & Sharon Boocock Scholarship lads as they're due on the Gold Coast this weekend or next for a barby at Booey's! (Sorry if my info ain't too specific: I was a tad 'under the weather' when my spy on the East Coast reported in last night - 'under the weather' as a Parrot to be precise!)

Edited by BigFatDave