British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Big field of Solos at Gillman this week with a busload going down from Mildura plus the Swedish pair of Kling & Aspgren and returning Wolf Ty Proctor - Field (from the Gillman Site):

Division 1: Tyron Proctor (Vic), Ricky Kling (Sweden), Justin Sedgmen (Vic), Tom Hedley (Vic), Pontus Aspgren (Sweden), Ben Turner, Brenton Barnfield (Vic), Ryan Sedgmen, Robert Medson.

Division 2: Luke Mitchell, Adam Briggs, Damon Whelan, Kane Turner

Junior (Under 16) Speedway (on the infield track) - 125cc Solos

Division 1: Arthur Sissis, Seth Hickey, Jake Mitchell, Dakota Ballantyne

Division 2: Jack Norman, Brayden McGuinness, William Coombes

All this plus a great sidecar field - Darrin Treloar/Justin Plaisted (NSW/SA), Glenn O'Brien/Aaron Maynard (WA), Mark Mitchell/Tom Golding, Mark Plaisted/Jamie Banks, Warren Monson/Deven Gates (Vic), Trent Headland/Jesse Headland, Daniel Puddy/Matt Morgan, Byren Gates/Michael O'Loughlin (Vic), Chris Pascoe/Adam Pascoe, Chris Holmes/Neale Hancock (Vic), Michael Hoogland/Michael Bell - should make it a great night out for all Croweaters!

I'd imagine spiderweb'll be up on Has-beens Hill with recently-re-retired birthday boy Ronny Parker partying on like there's no 90 minute drive home!

Qld U21 title at Ayr tonight, weather permitting.

Line-ups (courtesy of Brynbach):

Josh Grajczonek

Josh Auty

Ashley Cathcart

Adam Wrathall

Clinton Dennis

Mitchell Davey

Dylan Blain

Mitchell Weismantel

Brendan Johnson

Tyler Moon

Kyle Howarth

Kyle Newman

Riders withdrawn due to work commitments, illnesses, injury.

Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Guy Mallet, Tyson Nelson

Qld 350 cc Title

Jayden O'malley, Hayden Barr, Robert Gottardi, Harley Brigden, Michael Detenon, Dalton Nilsen.

Jake Moore, Jake Allen & Tyson Snow have all withdrawn to different reason.

Edited by BigFatDave

5TT QLD V North Qld V NSW V Darren & Sharron Young Guns V Nigel Boocock All Stars

The 2 Sweds are Dackarna and Eastbourne's Ricky Kling and Rospiggarna Young Gun Pontus Aspgren. Both riders have been enjoying the tour of Australia after appearing at Pinjar Park, Gillman & Mildura they are booked in for the Jack Young Cup on the 11th December, then fly to the Gold Coast to get ready for the 5TT at the present I'm in talks with sponsors and riders in all parts of Australia in the hope of fielding a top class team to take on the best Qld, NSW, & the Darren & Sharron Young Guns any one of the teams can win!, so it's up to me to find a team to set the pace! We don't want to be an also ran team on the night. I hope I can get all the riders I'm talking to because this meeting is shaping up to be the hardest fought match seen in Australia in a long time.. with riders like Marsters, Heffernan, Sweetman, Smith, Leverington, etc up for the NSW & Qld to pick from, and with the likes of Auty etc I'll leave no stone unturned to field a top class team as competative as they are.

To help raise the necessary funds for travel expenses, I'm "thinking" of auctioning off the Team Managers spot with the next 2 highest bidders being pit helpers/bike pushers, which would be a fantastic way for a speedway fan getting an insight into what it's like from the inside of a big speedway meeting, with all the excitement, pressure, and adrenalin filled night of being part of the professional TEAM from go to woah! they would be introduced to the riders and receive a full introduction on their specific roll on the night.....

Obviously the team name might change depending on the strength of the team and the sponsorship, but the makings of a top class team to set the pace are in motion......

What do you all think?.... would an auction for a team manager - Pit helper/Bike pushers work?

Regards.

Phil Cain

Edited by Trackman

Huge weekend in Oz with big meetings in three states; Qld has their senior open as does NSW while down at Gillman it's the Jack Young Trophy. All line-ups etc on the new Speedway Downunder site.

For all you fashionistas there's also some beaut piccies of Darcy in a suit!

Huge weekend in Oz with big meetings in three states; Qld has their senior open as does NSW while down at Gillman it's the Jack Young Trophy. All line-ups etc on the new Speedway Downunder site.

For all you fashionistas there's also some beaut piccies of Darcy in a suit!

Yep darcy in a suit, never thought id see the day!!!!!! Well worth the look haha

Hi all,

All 5 teams have now been released for the 5 team tournament saturday week at North Brisbane Speedway....

North QLD

Mitchell Davey

Taylor Poole

Kozza Smith

Alex Davies

Josh Grajczonek

MANANGER

Belinda Weismantel

South QLD

Darcy Ward

Scott Smith

Tyson Nelson

Harley Horwood

John Oliver

Manager

Wayne Kennedy

NSW

Sam Master

Mick Dyer

Richard Sweetman

Tim Heffernan

Daine Stevens

Manager

Mandy Wintle

Nigel Boocock All Stars

Ricky Kling

Pontus Aspgren

Cameron Woodward

Mason Campton

Rohan Tungate

Manager

Phil Cain

Young Lions

Josh Auty

Damien Koppe

Kyle Newman

Adam Wrathall

Brendan Johnson

Manager

Craig Drennon

More info will be on the speedway bikes down under site

Fingers crossed we'll be lucky with all three of today's meetings, althogh it's thermal undies weather down at Gillman for tonight's Jack Young Trophy. FNQ seems to have missed the huge storm cell that's hit the Gold Coast and NSW should be over before the rain arrives. Eagle Farm, Gold Coast & Ballina Thoroughbred meetings all washed out.

Not looking brilliant for the Under-16s 350s at North Brisvegas with only five riders nominated: might end up running with the Under-21s as a one-dayer!

Apparently the Queenslanders - bless 'em - were all waiting to be invited to compete: unfortunately if they'd read the fine print on the entry forms they have to apply to enter. Hopefully a compromise - love that word, it's so IN lately - can be reached so we can see Arthur Sissis in full flight around Mick Doohan raceway.

any news from the NSW 350cc u/16 titles supposed to be held at Tamworth ?

fascinating lack of announcement.

the other u/21 I think senior meeting went on with placings mentioned but still ive heard zip about the 350's. Joakeable.

Fingers crossed we'll be lucky with all three of today's meetings, althogh it's thermal undies weather down at Gillman for tonight's Jack Young Trophy. FNQ seems to have missed the huge storm cell that's hit the Gold Coast and NSW should be over before the rain arrives. Eagle Farm, Gold Coast & Ballina Thoroughbred meetings all washed out.

Not looking brilliant for the Under-16s 350s at North Brisvegas with only five riders nominated: might end up running with the Under-21s as a one-dayer!

Apparently the Queenslanders - bless 'em - were all waiting to be invited to compete: unfortunately if they'd read the fine print on the entry forms they have to apply to enter. Hopefully a compromise - love that word, it's so IN lately - can be reached so we can see Arthur Sissis in full flight around Mick Doohan raceway.

Any chance of some updates from your buddies at the tracks BFD? if you arent there yourself?

NSW open would love for updates. Jack Young Trophy also, and QLD if possible? not even just updates Id be happy to just know the results soon after completion as there 3 hrs ahead of us sandies.

Pity to have to wait days until they officially announce it on club sites etc. Poor form! If you hear anything Dave msg/txt me on 0428....actually PM me if you want me no. or if you can post results on forum sweet.

Dewa mata

Any chance of some updates from your buddies at the tracks BFD? if you arent there yourself?

Christmas do at the Buff Club tonight - Moreton Bay Bugs; Oysters; Lobster Mornay; Tiger Prawns; all drinks at Happy Hour prices - can't see anyone getting much sense out of me tonight - Oh, Ho, Ho!

Gillman should have the results tomorrow; can't say about the other two meets - Marcus said he'd post the QLD Results up as soon as, and judging by the number of reprobates in attendance at Kurri x 2 there won't be much sense coming out of the Maitland area for quite a while!

Normal Service was resumed at Kurri Kurri where reigning Cardiff GP Winner Chris Holder took out the NSW Championship from International Jet-setter and Man-about-town Darcy Ward, with Sweets third and Sam Masters 4th.

In FNQ Josh Grajczonek reclaimed the Title for the home state from Scott Smith, with Steven Reid 3rd and defending champ Josh Auty 4th. QUEENSLANDER!!

A soggy arctic night in South Oz was curtailed by the weather with the results declared after the heats and the Mighty Sedghammer Justin Sedgmen now the proud holder of the Jack Young Trophy, from Nigel Sadler with the two touring Swedes filling the minors; 3rd Pontus Aspgren and 4th Ricky Kling. Pontus looks to have been unlucky in that he was excluded from one race, in which Joe Haines locked up and went straight into the fence: he was taken to Hospital as a precaution with suspected neck injuries/fractures. Ty Proctor went along with him in the ambulance, probably to keep him away from the nurses. Fingers Crossed Joe's OK - I'll try & find out later today how he is.

Hopefully the British Promoters will keep an eye on Justin: why he and several other top Aussies haven't nailed down EL berths yet is obviously a fall-out of the Sandhu debacle engulfing UK Speedway - the sooner it's sorted the better.

any heat details for the curry old mate. I would be precautionary in saying Ward finishing second is normal service :wink: , its almost certainly going to be a harder to beat Darcy when the circus rolls through the town. in Jan*15

any heat details for the curry old mate. I would be precautionary in saying Ward finishing second is normal service :wink: , its almost certainly going to be a harder to beat Darcy when the circus rolls through the town. in Jan*15

Wouldn't have a clue, dirtbagmeol'mate! KK should have the heat by heat on their site later this week once they've sobered up!

In more important matters Palmo beat Districts 9.5 - 6.11, after supercoach Russell Jeffrey queried their committment & manhood in the NT News this week; Tiges bt Buffs 18.7 - 12.10; Wanderers did the Bombers 17.23 - 15.2 and in a typical Darwin downpour your favourite team - they who must not be named - the Poole of the AFLNT! - beat my favourite Warriors 13.9 - 10.11 - jumped us in the 2nd quarter and we never recovered.

Edited by BigFatDave

ohh No losing to the Fairy machine....dont worry, itll just make the next victory over 'em even better. :lol: hopefully in a final! :D

Jeffreys standing at that club must just about be as high as any man could reach. He deserved back 2 back nicholls medals but maybe wasnt the ump's pet, but I know he deserved them...as a veteran playing off half back. Truly brilliant player in Magpie colours.

Dave 'old son do use in Darwin still get the abc NTFL replay on sunday morning??? or anything?

When I first came down to perth, they were showing NTFL game of the week replays from the week before on Saturday arvo on the new channel ABC2. Now ABC has 3 or 4 channels and they show less football than ever, only 1 WAFL match live on a saturday during the season. I thought ABC2 would be great and show all the leagues around the country SANFL, NTFL, VFL etc, replayed even at night, but no we get crap , crud and more useless crap 24/7.

I must have seen 2 NTFL games before they scrapped that idea...I rememberr st fairies in one match and Tiwi bombers in another! what a waste of a channel!

wattyaknow, Ive stumbled upon some great vision of new track kurri curry and it looked to be brilliant racing judging from this highlights package from the NSW Title, last night.

Footage courtesy of NBN News with Mr Boyd - the promoter making it known on a rival forum, im sure he wouldnt mind.

http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/12/12/locals-shine-but-chris-takes-hold-of-state-speedway-title/

click on the video!

Supurb looking track and Darcys lost none of his arse class - with a wave goodbye on the backstraight as he got in front of Noddy, and went on to win it. typical style. in the heats.

Good final with Noddy prevailing, well done Holder. claimed the title back. but what racing.

a further 10 min worth of footage is coming up on a great looking new track, which is not simple to ride and requires skill. Far from a flat out hold it on track like sheffield is said to be.

dirt. with that?

Edited by dirt