British Speedway Forum
willp

Heathens Announce New Signing

It is sad that James has lost his place, but if he is not performing then it really is irrelevant what nationality he is.

But how can you expect him to up his performance, when he is getting sacked by his club. If the Heathens we're not willing to give James the time he needed, to develop into a better rider and get vital track time, then they shouldn't have in the first place, they should have let another club take him on board that would have given him this.

If the rules are so wrong, change 'em.

But as there are so many promoters willing to take a chance on young Aussie talent, I guess that will never happen. They're the only people who can do anything about it either way.

It's funny how I have stated in my previous posts that this is not an 'anti-aussie' issue but an issue of doing more for our own youngsters as well, but of course BFD decided to neglect that fact. He also neglects the fact that the league is called the National DEVELOPMENT League. It is written in the rulebook, we're not making it up.

It's funny how I have stated in my previous posts that this is not an 'anti-aussie' issue but an issue of doing more for our own youngsters as well, but of course BFD decided to neglect that fact. He also neglects the fact that the league is called the National DEVELOPMENT League. It is written in the rulebook, we're not making it up.

According to the British Speedway Official Website its called the National League, Benny boy. If you're going to have a go at someone at least get it right. If its not an Anti-Aussie issue how do you explain these few examples?

I am fed up to the back teeth of Aussies in the National league.

.Why not fill the bl***y leagues with Aussies, then perhaps most promoters will be happy. Why should we british fans pay for Aussies to fullfil their ambitions at the expense of our kids.

seems they change that rule for aussies ......... this league should be for brits

I genuinely don't understand the reaction by many. Perhaps it's just anti-Aussie nonsense? Jealousy about the fact that at the moment they're producing a lot of young talented riders?

Got that right, 21stCH. Ommer Um Cradley!!

According to the British Speedway Official Website its called the National League, Benny boy. If you're going to have a

Have you considered that perhaps the website have used an abbreviation that is incorrect?

It is and always has been the British National Development League and I think that what is now assured is that there will be very much strict rules in future about these issues thank goodness. There may also be penalties for Clubs who use riders from overseas for short periods who then clear off never having intended to complete the season and thus distorting the integrity of the League.

Malcolm Vasey

Have you considered that perhaps the website have used an abbreviation that is incorrect?

It is and always has been the British National Development League ...

Malcolm Vasey

Hmm, not really. This title is hardly ever used and I recall you yourself saying previously that when the 'D' word appeared in the rule book it was as much as a surprise to you as anyone...

It's a proper third division and it's the National League and IMHO there ain't much wrong with it... :neutral:

According to the British Speedway Official Website its called the National League, Benny boy. If you're going to have a go at someone at least get it right. If its not an Anti-Aussie issue how do you explain these few examples?

Oh dear, I believe if you look here which is the British Speedway Rulebook for 2010 you will find that you are a hypocrite.

As for your examples, not one is of a post I have made, I can't control what other people say, can I?

Edited by RocketBen1

Buxton have never paid big money out unlike a lot of other clubs.

er cough Adam ALLOTT just remember you started it :wink:

It is and always has been the British National Development League and I think that what is now assured is that there will be very much strict rules in future about these issues thank goodness. There may also be penalties for Clubs who use riders from overseas for short periods who then clear off never having intended to complete the season and thus distorting the integrity of the League.

Malcolm Vasey

Here's a quick one for you. Malcolm. Google up 'British National Development League' and see what you get. Have you considered that you may not be right? The British Speedway Promoters Asociation calls it the National League; I didn't see any disclaimer on the site that says "we may have used an abbreviation that isn't correct": I think you're making it up as you go along. As you of all people should know, an abbreviation (from Latin brevis, meaning short) is a shortened form of a word or phrase, ergo an abbreviation of National League would be 'NL'. Google up 'BNDL' and see what you get, as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Oh, by the way, are you one of the so-called 'Promoters' that are trying to stamp out Buxton?

YUP!!

17.4.7 National Development League

ps. National (in my Collins Concise...) = belongining or pertaining to a nation

Development = improvement, progress, grow to maturere state

If that's how your Collins Concise spells 'belonging' and 'mature' I'd get another one if I were you, scribbler.

Edited by BigFatDave

Oh dear, I believe if you look here which is the British Speedway Rulebook for 2010 you will find that you are a hypocrite.

YUP!!

17.4.7 National Development League

ps. National (in my Collins Concise...) = belongining or pertaining to a nation

Development = improvement, progress, grow to maturere state

As for your examples, not one is of a post I have made, I can't control what other people say, can I?

Benny boy, you don't even know what the word 'Hypocrite' means, do you? However if your idea of debate is to attack the poster not the post then I don't reckon you belong on here. You say this is not an anti-Aussie issue: I've provided three examples of anti-Aussie postings. If you can't accept that then its pretty obvious who the hypocrite is, wouldn't you agree?

Benny boy, you don't even know what the word 'Hypocrite' means, do you? However if your idea of debate is to attack the poster not the post then I don't reckon you belong on here. You say this is not an anti-Aussie issue: I've provided three examples of anti-Aussie postings. If you can't accept that then its pretty obvious who the hypocrite is, wouldn't you agree?

Attack the post not the poster, I've not attacked you once, I have proven your point is wrong, thus you are being hypocritical, something I have correctly stated. You are also now being patronising as i'm sure calling me 'Benny boy' is in reference to my age, something which does not invalidate my opinion, or allow you to speak to me in such a tone. Yes you have provided three examples, however they were not posted by me and are not my opinion, I am not 'anti-aussie' and I have stated that beforehand, I have proven to you that the league is called the National Development League and there is no denying that fact.

Attack the post not the poster, I've not attacked you once, I have proven your point is wrong, thus you are being hypocritical, something I have correctly stated. You are also now being patronising as i'm sure calling me 'Benny boy' is in reference to my age, something which does not invalidate my opinion, or allow you to speak to me in such a tone. Yes you have provided three examples, however they were not posted by me and are not my opinion, I am not 'anti-aussie' and I have stated that beforehand, I have proven to you that the league is called the National Development League and there is no denying that fact.

Mate, you've dug through the archives and found an obscure PDF file; well-hidden in that is chapter 17 sub section 7 paragraph whatever, which you cite as proof positive - all I've done is used half-a-dozen international search engines which couldn't find it - for all I know you might have hidden it yourself. There's no mention of it on the BSPA Website, either, and the BSPA, which calls the National League the National League, is good enough for me. You're persisting in calling me a Hypocrite - that's attacking the poster in my book, more so because you obviously don't know the meaning of the word. I call you 'Benny Boy' in a deliberate reference to Benny the Ball, a cartoon character in Top Cat, because I reckon you could do with some lightening-up.

Mate, you've dug through the archives and found an obscure PDF file; well-hidden in that is chapter 17 sub section 7 paragraph whatever, which you cite as proof positive - all I've done is used half-a-dozen international search engines which couldn't find it - for all I know you might have hidden it yourself. There's no mention of it on the BSPA Website, either, and the BSPA, which calls the National League the National League, is good enough for me. You're persisting in calling me a Hypocrite - that's attacking the poster in my book, more so because you obviously don't know the meaning of the word. I call you 'Benny Boy' in a deliberate reference to Benny the Ball, a cartoon character in Top Cat, because I reckon you could do with some lightening-up.

This obscure document is the official rulebook for British Speedway in 2010... Unbelieveable :blink: . I have stated in one post that you were being hypocritical, backed up by evidence, that is not personal abuse in my book but reasoned argument. As for lightening up, I don't need any, however I take umbridge to somebody telling me that I have an 'anti-aussie' attitude due to what other people have said!

Mate, you've dug through the archives and found an obscure PDF file; well-hidden in that is chapter 17 sub section 7 paragraph whatever, which you cite as proof positive - all I've done is used half-a-dozen international search engines

That 'obsure pdf' happens to be the 2010 Rulebook - can't get more up-to-date than that...