British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

Neil, If the 2nd string Clubs pulled out because they couldnt compete both on and off the track with the stand alones. Would there be enough Clubs left to make it attractive for the fans, and worthwhile for the Promotions ? For me each Club should be allowed one "old hand" and the rest should be u and coming youngsters, if there is enough to go around. You look at the Plymouth side ( I am sure they do what is right for them) is that really what is best for the future of British Speedway ?

Jeeze Change The Record. The Meeting Happened, Rye House Used An Aussie WOW! Get Over It

Thank you Len :lol:

hehad "The Wizard of Oz" written on his Kevlars ;):P

Maybe it was his favourite film ?..or.... :lol:

Maybe it was his favourite film ?..or.... :lol:

Ah, that would explain the ruby slippers :lol:

True, however we have made the signing within the rules, I don't agree with them, but that's the way it is, every other club plays them so us doing so is no different.

I think it is wrong to crucify Rye for this signing, we have three teenagers, as Ash has stated, plus two of our side are in the Rockets Premier League side, whilst Jamie Smith is the experienced spearhead, which most other sides, Scunthorpe included have in their team. It is quite ironic that Scunthorpe fans are complaining, considering you had Byron Bekker, a South African, in your NL team for X amount of years. No-one batted an eyelid or spoke about developing talent for other countries then did they. Oh and remember Tai Woffinden, the unknown Aussie who came over in 2006? The fact he races for GB now is irrelevant as when he came overfirst he clearly was racing as an Australian, hehad "The Wizard of Oz" written on his Kevlars ;):P

One minute it's a rider - riding for free ( and if anyone believes that...)- the next he's a signing...

One SA rider - with (I believe) patriality... One 'Wizard of Oz' born in Scunthorpe... One perfectly legal 2006/7 team - full of young developing riders, with one experienced older rider...

Hoe legal was Rye House's team yesterday? How far were the rules streeeeetched? Do RH fans really feel good about the way their team won yesterday?

A few seasons ago Rye use an Aussie called Dakota North -

now I dont remember people getting upset about that - he didnt

score 17 on his debut though :rolleyes:

A few seasons ago Rye use an Aussie called Dakota North -

now I dont remember people getting upset about that - he didnt

score 17 on his debut though :rolleyes:

Was Dakota North's paperwork in order?

For me - it's the fact that no-one can confirm or deny that Tyson Nelson was riding illegally...

Was Dakota North's paperwork in order?

For me - it's the fact that no-one can confirm or deny that Tyson Nelson was riding illegally...

That's perfectly acceptable Scribbler, as I have said previously, I'm concerned we may be developing a rider for a PL rider and also the fact that a fine win may be ruined because Tyson may not have actually been allowed to ride.

Jeeze Change The Record. The Meeting Happened, Rye House Used An Aussie WOW! Get Over It

This is not about Rye using another Aussie, itys about the fact that this Aussie is not eligable to ride at NL level for a number of reasons, these being

1 it would appear he does not have a work permit

2 he has signed for a PL team on a 5 point average which makes him ineligable to ride NL

I like many other have nothing against young Aussies coming over, I do think that id they use partiality to get a low average then they should ride for GB but this is not the point here, Tyson is not eligable to ride NL so the rules have been broken and as such the meeting should be awarded to Scunny end of

Poeple come on and say that its ok to ride in the NL if your an Australian, what excuse will they make if they move up into the PL side, i cant wait to hear it, i bet if the rider was riding against Rye House and did the same, would they feel the same, i dont think so, they would be the first to moan.

Poeple come on and say that its ok to ride in the NL if your an Australian, what excuse will they make if they move up into the PL side, i cant wait to hear it, i bet if the rider was riding against Rye House and did the same, would they feel the same, i dont think so, they would be the first to moan.

Good post Rodgy, keep it up. I notice you used the word "think"...Thats more like it, you are expressing an opinion.

Yeah he did, I agree that he didn't need to as we were on the way to a comfortable victory, I don't understand Montie, all day yesterday you were Nelson, Nelson, Nelson, now that a majority here are against it, you have jumped bandwaggon.

RB,where was it that i was all Nelson Nelson Nelson,i was nothing of the sort,i was having a bit of fun with Sheffield,pointing out that he was now with Rye

I was tipped of he was riding on Saturday and that there were question being asked from many teams,most of which have been aired on here

Seems still that the Tyson shouldnt have ben riding

Once a work permit has been applied for you loose the status of "holiday type visa" so im told???

Neil, If the 2nd string Clubs pulled out because they couldnt compete both on and off the track with the stand alones. Would there be enough Clubs left to make it attractive for the fans, and worthwhile for the Promotions ? For me each Club should be allowed one "old hand" and the rest should be u and coming youngsters, if there is enough to go around. You look at the Plymouth side ( I am sure they do what is right for them) is that really what is best for the future of British Speedway ?

You have a good point Semion, but do Promoters and team managers think about the good of the sport when they put their teams together, i dont think they do, if and when Plymouth go up into the PL, i think you will see a much younger team,their is no reason why we cant have younger riders in the team now, i think Plymouth should be building a team to go up now, i think at least one of the older riders in the team will not go up with the team, and im not sure Mark Simmonds will go up,so where is the point in having them in the team this year,if the the aim is to go up next year, im hoping the team will be much younger, if we go up, but i cant see any in the team this year that are good enuff to go up.

Edited by Roger MARTIN

You have a good point Semion, but do Promoters and team managers think about the good of the sport when they put their teams together, i dont think they do, if and when Plymouth go up into the PL, i think you will see a much younger team, i think at least one of the older riders in the team will not go up with the team, and im not sure Mark Simmonds will go up, im hoping the team will be much younger, if we go up.

Rodge, i know very little about Plymouth, are the crowds good enough to support Speedway at Premier League level ?

Anybody happen to know if Scunny management queried his eligibility to ride before the meeting, or is all of this supporters commenting only ?

Presumably the ref didnt object also ?

And given that it's 5 weeks after the 4's got abandoned, and we still dont know whats happening with that tournament, then I would'nt hold out a lot of hope of this matter being discussed by anyone in authority with any urgency.