British Speedway Forum
RPNY

U21 World Team Cup - British Team Selection

Utter rubbish. i brought up 5 new comers to the sport and what a time wasting exercise that was. I seem to have brought home half the Rye House track in my hair. Wont be making that mistake again £120 is alot of money. Sorry im just telling it as it is. That was the worst meeting i have seen for a long long time. The ref holding the tapes to long and the time wasting once a rider had touched the tapes. We seem to have a 10 minute delay everytime so the ref could put his feet up!

The Ref was a joke.

Something I noticed in the pits.Poland had KK there,constantly helping the youngsters.Denmark had Kenneth Bjerre offering support,who did the Brits have? NOBODY.Chris Louis was there,but walked by with hands in his pockets,and never said a word.Surely a current Elite rider,not riding on the day could have been there with any advice at all?

That's interesting to note, thanks Chris Louis NOT! Seems to me that on the whole it's take, take, take from most top boys, don't they ever dream of giving??

The meeting was not brilliant, yes but the lack of smooth running was more due to the FIM referee rather than the track grading

You sure about that? I'm not usually one to moan about too much grading but that guy on the tractor was going round probably about 4 to 6 times with the blade, then 2 or 3 times with the grader and there were no ruts and no shale and it took 10- 15 mins each time! There was a guy from one of the teams came out and tried to find a little shale himself to rake, the actual track rakers were also constantly searching for a piece of shale or two to justify their job!

Edited by Trees

I'm sure one of our older and wiser poster will be able to remember better than me but I seem to recall seeing pictures of some irate fans trying to water the track at a Wembley world final with a hosepipe some years ago due to the dust.Was it not Len and co that did the track there too? :unsure:

I'm sure one of our older and wiser poster will be able to remember better than me but I seem to recall seeing pictures of some irate fans trying to water the track at a Wembley world final with a hosepipe some years ago due to the dust.Was it not Len and co that did the track there too? :unsure:

Indeed. Was the 1975 World Final. And amazingly that was also on the same date as yesterday, September 5th.!!! 35 years older but still none the wiser!!! :rolleyes:

im not sure what your sniffing mate but give it a rest please

Bizarro posting...: what do you mean..?!!! :blink:

And Marc's on the injury list ATM isn't he. As is Brendan Johnson - seen hobbling around on Sunday on the ubiquitious crutches!

As of course is the rider who deffo would've taken the unlucky Tai's place: Bren's predecessor as GB Under 18 champ, Jerran Hart..

The two Kyles were a selection mistake. Personally I believe that instead we should've gone with Jason Garrity and another Kyle, young master Howarth...

No, Marc is fit, rode for the Cobras over the Bank Holiday weekend. Would have done better than Newman, Garrity and Howarth for that matter too. The experience would have been fantastic for him as well. I'm sure, if fit then Jerran Hart would have been the man riding of course.

Thanfully someone must've read the riot act to the Clerk of the Course and pits staff, as the progress of races much improved from heat 11 onwards and even more so from heat 15 to the end. As they could do it then, it begs the question why on earth did they allow that shocking situation with the first ten heats.

Tapes exclusions of which there were FOUR in that first period should NOT lead to the other three riders going back to the pits for five minutes!!

And efforts to keep down the dust which led to 15 minutes gaps for watering simply weren't working and IMHO were just delkaying the meeting with no overall result. I have a third of the shale from the third bend in my hair right now and I have hardly any hair!! :rolleyes:

Dust, delays, virtually no passing...: not exactly a great advert for Speedway and a shame as there was a really big crowd...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is it not the referee's responsibility to put the two minute warning on rather than the clerk of the course. Tape infringements and all four back when no one has fallen is wrecking the sport. Even NL riders now return to the pits for a spoonfull of fuel and a fan for the clutch. Had the ref immediately put on the two minute warning after each aborted race there would have been one less thing for the Rye knockers to shout about. 4 hrs is a disgrace but lump all the blame onto Len Silver is pretty stupid.

By the way Len silver would like everyone to comb the dust out of their hair and return it in a first class enevlope as it is needed for our next 5 hr epic double header on saturday against newport.

Still at least i can look forward to great Elite racing tonight from the exciting Lakeside track where the dirt is 6 inches deep with no dust to be found anywhere. Never a delay between races to be had there!

Edited by westhamboy66

No, Marc is fit, rode for the Cobras over the Bank Holiday weekend. Would have done better than Newman, Garrity and Howarth for that matter too. The experience would have been fantastic for him as well. I'm sure, if fit then Jerran Hart would have been the man riding of course.

Yes -I noticed I was mistaken about Marc. :oops: As you say there's no doubt in my mind that Marc would've been the best replacement for Tai. For some reason he seems a bit frozen out by the powers that be, though... We never did to the bottom of how/why he was left out of the Under 21 qualifiers this year... :blink:

And it is gutting that Jerran's injury meant he missed out.. :cry:

why oh why does len persist with this type of track prep year after year despite all the howls of protest from the fans(aka customers)??? (was track prep/set up the same at hackney-can anyone confirm???)

Sheffield would have been an ideal venue for this prestigious meeting in my opinion.It's reasonably central,has good facilities,and is one of the best racetracks in the country.Obviously, not as good as the slick gaters dustbowl at Hoddesdon.. :rolleyes: Speedway shoots itself in the foot..again!Dear dear....

Couldn't agree more about Sheffield. :approve:

Until Scunthorpe completes development. :lol:

Seriously, Sheffield hosted a World Cup round a few years ago, so must tick all the FIM boxes.

why oh why does len persist with this type of track prep year after year despite all the howls of protest from the fans(aka customers)??? (was track prep/set up the same at hackney-can anyone confirm???)

when len was promoter at hackney the track was excellent. at rayleigh it's so long ago i can't remember! :lol:

Just a few things of note

Firstly. Well done Denmark, thoroughly worthy victory. I've never seen Michael Jepsen Jensen race before but have seen his scores on the continent, get him signed somebody cos that boy is dynamite.

Secondly, the Polish Ref. Why is Wojacek still on the F.I.M list after his appalling display at Cardiff the other year. In this meeting he was even worse, holding the tapes way, way too long, causing exclusions & causing delays & on top of that 1st bend incidents that should've been all 4 back.

and finally.... the ever consistent bugbear of Rye House Speedway, dust.

What was it that caused all the incidents, a slick track with lots of DUST

what was it that caused the bowser to come out after nearly every race, a slick track with lots of DUST

so why did this meeting, that should've taken 2 & a half hours to run max take over a bloody hour longer, yes you guessed it Mr Silver's hallowed bloody DUST.

Thankfully the company of some very good freinds & a certain Mr Peasley stopped me nodding off.

Edited by colincooke

I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure Len didn't do the track in 1975. He was brought in to do it for the next two World Finals as a result of the debacle in 1975.

Sheffield would have been an ideal venue for this prestigious meeting in my opinion.It's reasonably central,has good facilities,and is one of the best racetracks in the country.Obviously, not as good as the slick gaters dustbowl at Hoddesdon.. :rolleyes: Speedway shoots itself in the foot..again!Dear dear....

You must be joking, reasonably central, to what? Coventry used to roll out that argument to get big meetings, then other clubs started getting big meetings, why should one club always get them.Personally i feel Somerset deserve a big meeting like the EL or PL riders championship. and i would gurrantee, you would not get a boring meeting, no matter who dropped out. Personally i would prefere them to stage the PL riders Championship, you know you would get 20 heats of dam good racing!!