British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kirsty_jane_5

Cardiff Parking

Apologies if this is a double thread. Heading to cardiff on sat :D and was just wondering if anyone knew of any places to park? Last time we parked in a car park over the river about a ten minute walk. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Personally I park at Newport train station and take the train to Cardiff, I have found it extremely easy to get a train back to Newport after the meeting and we miss all of the traffic.

Good idea Simon, last year I parked at High Cross station (near J27, M4) free parking and short train journey into Cardiff.

I expect a lot of people will be travelling by motorcycle tomorrow. Is there anywhere safe to park near the stadium? Only been by car before.

Thanks

Following released by Cardiff Council -

July 8, 2010

SPEEDWAY TRAVEL ADVICE

World Championship Speedway roars back into Cardiff this weekend. 40,000 people are

expected at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday July 10.

The event begins at 5pm and the best way to travel is with public transport and coach

wherever possible. If you do bring your car into the city, you can ease worries over

congestion and parking costs by using the Council’s park and ride services.

The sites can be accessed by following signs from J33 of the M4 and the service costs

£10 per car.

The car parks will open at 9am, with the first bus leaving shortly afterwards. The last bus

will leave the pick-up point at 10.30pm, with the car parks closing at 11pm.

The services are accessible for the disabled, people with movement difficulties and

wheelchair users, with dedicated parking next to the bus pick-up. Low floor buses and

raised kerbs at both pick up and drop off points will also be in use throughout the day.

There is designated coach parking off Sophia Close. Driver facilities are available and

the service costs £10 per coach.

PRESS RELEASE

DATGANIAD I’R WASG

(ends)

Cardiff Council Press Officer Mike Jackson Tel: 029 2078 8366

Email: mjackson@cardiff.gov.uk

Always park in the same place every year ... a few minutes walk to the Stadium and no charge !!!

yeh we always park on the grass verge by the police station and never had a problem but this year ended up with a ticket.i dont suppose we can gripe about it to much but was disappointing.also we advised someone he would be ok to park there.hope he didnt get a ticket. :(

How long have they been giving parking tickets out to cars parked on the grass verge near the police station on the road leading into Cardiff?

I always try and park there but was a bit late and had to turn round and park further away.

As we were walking back to the car I noticed tickets on several cars then came across the wardens eagerly writing the tickets.

I had a friendly ‘Holderesque’ chat with a couple of them as I walked by. ;)

First time I’ve seen it in 10 years at Cardiff and not just speedway.

I parked on the grass verge for U2 last year with no problems.

Looks like Cardiff want more money out the speedway?

The wardens of Cardiff are useless little Hitlers who give out tickets incorectly and have been doing so for years, I've receieved a few tickets in Cardiff and never paid a penny in fines as they've all been wrong.

The wardens of Cardiff are useless little Hitlers who give out tickets incorectly and have been doing so for years, I've receieved a few tickets in Cardiff and never paid a penny in fines as they've all been wrong.

Our coach was parked down near the parliament building . When i walked back to it after the GP , there was an army of traffic wardens swarming round all the cars that were parked on the grassy bits .

There was also a big , fat , drunken English bloke giving them dog's abuse :P What a way to entend the welcome branch to visiters to your country . :rolleyes:

p.s . how was the hangover this morning SCB :wink:

Cardiff Council have just taken over what were Traffic Wardens and are now called Civil Parking Enforcement Officers (CEO's) and are making a big deal out of it as below as example -

Don't be a Problem Parker

New parking scheme launched by Cardiff Council.

Drivers are being asked to think before they park as a new scheme is launched to address illegal parking across the city.

We have taken over responsibility from the police for enforcing parking and yellow line restrictions throughout the whole of Cardiff using our own enforcement teams.

The police will continue to issue tickets to drivers who park on zigzag markings, cause obstructions and park dangerously.

This new scheme aims to bring significant improvements to the city, making it safer for pedestrians, easier for public transport and better for the disabled community.