British Speedway Forum

You lot should support britain as you r all over here anyway........... :o

My atlas has Bavaria in Germany, not sure about your's.

I am getting tired of people picking on Holta he is Polish with Polish passport maybe he wasnt born there hey i live in Canada and have Canadian citizenship even thou i was not born here i feel at least part Canadian they guy owns a land in Poland rides in Polish Championships and represented Poland before.

How good it is for Manchesterpaul to tell us the error of our ways,like you Ive been going to speedway for years and I dont need to know what a slick,dusty track looks like.The passing was mainly by the Polish riders when they werent off gate 4.

So a pass is not a pass if it's done by a nationality you are against?

................Rant over.

A rant isn't a rant just because it's an opposing view. Only thing i would argue against what you said is that there was lots of passing in the latter half of the meeting.

Regarding Ole Olsen and his input over the years, yes he has done a lot of work in developing world speedway for tv, however, he has inflicted enormous damage at the same time with the tracks he has prepared. Non speedway people tune in and see no passing and never watch it again let alone attend a local meeting.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Why all this jealousy over the Pole's? They are where they are for one simple reason, they entertain the best riders in the strongest speedway league in the world. Give them credit where it is due, they have never lost a race until the chequered flag. They are entertaining to watch, it pains me to say it but yesterdays meeting would have been very boring if Polnd were replaced by team GB. It would have been very processional.

Edited by Deano

We`ll see when crumpy retains his crown to be WORLD CHAMPION YET AGAIN................ :lol:

You mean the Brit who rides for Australia !

111 posts . . . . .

. . . . .

and no mention of the start girls!

What's up, chaps?

Why don't you read previous comments and would know that Olsen has nothing to do with GP & SWC tracks apart from Copenhagen & Cardiff.

I'm actually surprised anyone whose a regular at Kirky Lane understands my post, i mean, decent, grippy& racers track isn't something you're used to is it.icon_smile_wink.gif

111 posts . . . . .

. . . . .

and no mention of the start girls!

What's up, chaps?

The lady in the yellow..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :P

Why all this jealousy over the Pole's? They are where they are for one simple reason, they entertain the best riders in the strongest speedway league in the world. Give them credit where it is due, they have never lost a race until the chequered flag. They are entertaining to watch, it pains me to say it but yesterdays meeting would have been very boring if Polnd were replaced by team GB. It would have been very processional.

Of course it would.. 4 teams on very equal bikes on a slick track provides very processional racing.

However.. when one team has bikes quicker than the other 3 teams.. of course they will still pass.

The lady in the yellow..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... icon_smile_tongue.gif

oooohhh yesseeee. with whipped cream.icon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_wink.gif

And the way it is looking Denmark fans might have to wait until the team is made up of Bjerres(Kenneth and Lasse) and Jensens(Michael Jepsen,Mikkel.B and Rasmus) before they win again.....

You don't think Klindt and Madsen will play a part over the next 10 years? But for one poor ride I thought Klindt rode very well, and Madsen is on the verge of being included I would have thought.

-------------------------------------

I thought overall it was relatively poor as there were a lot of gate and go races. But that said there was a fair sprinkling of good races, and some very good. Not the best meeting you'll ever seen but certainly not the worst either. 25 heats was too many given the number of boring races though. Bottom line - mixed bag. The Russians provided much of the interest with some cracking rides at times to upset the perceived world order.

The Poles have struck gold this year, and have an advantage over the other countries: No injuries.

As far as Holta goes, would any of you ride where there's no money or credit to harvest allthough being one of the world's greatest rider? He is top scorer in Sweden and kicks arse in Poland, is number 6 in SGP aswell as scoring great in SWC. He moved to a country where speedway is much, much more appreciated than in Norway, and where it pays.

Best of luck to Britain tonight, and wouldn't it be great fun if Finland made it through to the Race-Off?