British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
25yearfan

Buxton V Mildenhall Sunday July 18th

I sincerely hope that a deal can be done to ensure the future of the club, and hopefully, finally establish some stability and get out of this dreaded cycle of questioning the club's future on an annual basis.

It would be fantastic to see the club saved and keep the current squad together to find out whether they can win the honours they'd been well and truly in the hunt for - but in order to do that a quick solution would need to be found with regard to the ownership, so that riders do not have to look for other clubs to see out the season with.

Mildenhall has struggled for years under various managements, main reason being financial as far as I've seen without big enough crowds to make it overly profitable, if at all! (If I'm wrong, please, correct me.)

I dont know the situation in the national league but I do know, at personal expense, that in the premier league we were losing substantial amounts of money and many of the costs remain exactly the same in the NL, except for riders costs.

I dont know the situation in the national league but I do know, at personal expense, that in the premier league we were losing substantial amounts of money and many of the costs remain exactly the same in the NL, except for riders costs.

Simon, dont you fancy going back into it, and losing a bit more ? :wink:

Simon, dont you fancy going back into it, and losing a bit more ? :wink:

:D To answer you honestly yes I do fancy going back into the sport but no I dont fancy losing any more money, still a while from paying all my debts from the first time I got involved. I think I will look to get involved if and when I manage to sell my other business interests so I could devote the right amount of time and effort that it would require.

:D To answer you honestly yes I do fancy going back into the sport but no I dont fancy losing any more money, still a while from paying all my debts from the first time I got involved. I think I will look to get involved if and when I manage to sell my other business interests so I could devote the right amount of time and effort that it would require.

Would not prefer to devote the right amount of time to sinking pints ? :lol:

Would not prefer to devote the right amount of time to sinking pints ? :lol:

I always find enough time to devote to the sinking of pints :D What is the saying "I am a drunk not an alcoholic as alcoholics go to meetings"

I can confirm that we will not be at newport on Sunday hopefully we will have more news on the sale of the club soon with the clubs next home meeting scheduled on Aug 1st.

Many Thanks

Steve

I can confirm that we will not be at newport on Sunday hopefully we will have more news on the sale of the club soon with the clubs next home meeting scheduled on Aug 1st.

Many Thanks

Steve

I hope that is acheived mate, it will have been a month between meetings, for the riders that must be like a new season starting. Which is sucha shame after the way they had been racing up until then.

yes yet again loss of valuble track time and were supposed to pick up where we left off over a month ago with all this doubt and uncertainty still ringing in our ears.one question. why werent we prewarned by the promotion that they were leaving us high and dry ? p..sed off.

yes yet again loss of valuble track time and were supposed to pick up where we left off over a month ago with all this doubt and uncertainty still ringing in our ears.one question. why werent we prewarned by the promotion that they were leaving us high and dry ? p..sed off.

Not surprising that you are mate I would be in your position.

yes livid to put it bluntly and still the riders havent been paid for the last 3 meetings.come on where is the money?

Mildenhall Stadium owner Dave Coventry looks set to take over the promotion of the Fen Tigers, despite still being locked in talks. Coventry confirmed he is preparing a rescue deal for the West Row club, but stressed the matter is still being negotiated. Although both Coventry and outgoing owner Ray Mascall admitted that they have yet to agree on a price, it appears only a matter of time until mutual ground is found. National League co-ordinator Peter Morrish, who is handling the talks on behalf of Mascall, has cancelled Tigers' scheduled trip to Newport while the matter is resolved. They will not be back in action until August 1 at home to Buxton.

Coventry said: "We are putting together a salvation package. although things are more expensive than I first thought." Mascall said: "I have had an offer from Dave, but am waiting until he comes up with a more realistic figure."

Coventry, 55, purchased the Suffolk stadium two years ago with his brother Ron, under their RDC Promotions business. The duo have successfully run stock cars and greyhound racing at the circuit for 18 years.

Interesting article by David Crane on the Mildenhall website. I wonder what a realistic figure is for a club that according to its riders hasnt paid its riders for three meetings and according to what riders have been told is losing money and has dropping attendences? I just hope they can come to a compromise as soon as possible and get the Fen Tigers back on track.