British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

Dudley V Isle Of Wight (at Birmingham) (nl)

And Isle of Wight face a tough test at Birmingham, visiting the strong Heathens, who I think will be without Richard Franklin after his crash last night at Kings Lynn..

And Isle of Wight face a tough test at Birmingham, visiting the strong Heathens, who I think will be without Richard Franklin after his crash last night at Kings Lynn..

Don't count Richard out of this. He has bruising around his neck as it was the handlebars on his windpipe that caused last nights problem - but I think he wants to get back straight away - if he can.

Oh I'm torn - Frankin for Dudley and Simmons for the Island.

Going to try and get to this one but may find myself shouting for individuals rather than a team!!!icon_lol.gif

Yes the Heathens are a strong team but its been MONTHS since they lost rode at Perry Barr :shock: :shock:. In fact they have only raced in one meeting at Perry Barr which was their opening meeting against the USA Dream Team back on 7th April. :shock:

So bearing that in mind, I would think the Islanders are licking their lips at the prospect of facing the Heathens. Smart loves the track hes said that in interviews and should get close to a maximum. Jake started the season at reserve for the Brummies and showed good home form towards the end, he should go well. Apart from that I dont know about Dudley, its should be interesting to see how they go.

The Islanders have struggled on the road losing all 6 however Dudley have no track experience at this track in the National League. They have all done well at Monmore Green but Perry Barr is such a different track.

Dudley may be my second team but Im glad they are back at PB this Wednesday, sick of the sight of my main team throwing meetings away. :rolleyes:

By the look of the weather forecast it dont look good for the meeting going ahead..

Edited by zlata prilba

Don't count Richard out of this. He has bruising around his neck as it was the handlebars on his windpipe that caused last nights problem - but I think he wants to get back straight away - if he can.

Going to try and get to this one but may find myself shouting for individuals rather than a team!!!icon_lol.gif

I was going on the Heathen's press release comment of:

"But thankfully it appears it's nothing long-term for Rich, who will be desperate to get back racing again sooner rather than later.

"He is unlikely to recover in time for our home meeting with the Isle of Wight on Wednesday so we will now look at our options at reserve."

Really hoping that the weather forecast is wrong for tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing an Islanders team at PB again and also to seeing Micky Dyer in action.

Rich won't be riding tomorrow night. As in the press release on the Dudley website, he was struggling to talk or eat yesterday. He might be back for our match against Scunthorpe at Monmore Green next Tuesday though.

I'm nervously looking forward to this one. We're in great form at the moment and on a surge toward a play-off place if we can take all the points tomorrow. But as stated above this is basically an away meeting for the Heathens as well as the visitors. I have no worries about Smarty and Jake has no excuses not to score well. Armstrong may get through it on confidence alone, but hasn't ridden there this season as he joined us after our early April meeting against the Americans. Rich (only relevant if he rides) won a couple of races back in April but also ran a couple of last places. Likewise Ash won a heat but ran last places too. 'Fred' had a fantastic debut scoring in every ride for paid 9, though not winning a ride. And not forgetting of course that we lost the meeting. So it's a bit of a mixed bag for our boys in our only meeting at PB this season.

I'm looking forward to seeing Micky again. He has a fantastic style and is great to watch. PB is a fair bit more round than Monmore so should suit his style even if it takes him a couple of rides to weigh it up and get the right set-up (hopefully Smarty is on hand on that score for the Heathens).

I'd fancy us to cruise to a comfortable win if we were at Monmore, but being at PB for the first time since the open weeks of the season just puts a slight question mark over predicting the outcome. I will be very disappointed if we don't take the points but it I do fear the early heats could be tight as our boys readjust.

Ommer Um!! :approve:

I'm nervously looking forward to this one. We're in great form at the moment and on a surge toward a play-off place if we can take all the points tomorrow. But as stated above this is basically an away meeting for the Heathens as well as the visitors. I have no worries about Smarty and Jake has no excuses not to score well. Armstrong may get through it on confidence alone, but hasn't ridden there this season as he joined us after our early April meeting against the Americans. Rich (only relevant if he rides) won a couple of races back in April but also ran a couple of last places. Likewise Ash won a heat but ran last places too. 'Fred' had a fantastic debut scoring in every ride for paid 9, though not winning a ride. And not forgetting of course that we lost the meeting. So it's a bit of a mixed bag for our boys in our only meeting at PB this season.

I'm looking forward to seeing Micky again. He has a fantastic style and is great to watch. PB is a fair bit more round than Monmore so should suit his style even if it takes him a couple of rides to weigh it up and get the right set-up (hopefully Smarty is on hand on that score for the Heathens).

I'd fancy us to cruise to a comfortable win if we were at Monmore, but being at PB for the first time since the open weeks of the season just puts a slight question mark over predicting the outcome. I will be very disappointed if we don't take the points but it I do fear the early heats could be tight as our boys readjust.

Ommer Um!! :approve:

Sarjeant is in for Franklin

May be wrong 21CH, but I think that Micky D may have had an after meeting run at PB recently. :unsure:

Great to see James Sarjeant stepping back into the fold at reserve. Hope Richard takes it easy and is back soon because we have an awesome reserve pairing in him and Ash. Likewise, would be great to see James turn up and post a great score in order to prove a point and show he's worth a team place somewhere.

Totally agree about it being almost like an away match for the Heathens too. We've ridden once at Perry Barr - over three months ago, and we lost! I'm glad it's a match against Isle of Wight and not one of the top four clubs. Should be close in the early stages and then I would hope that Ash, Tom & Micky can chip in with some first and second places in their latter rides.

Good luck boys!

Sarjeant is in for Franklin

Sarjeant also kept his hand in on Monday at Wolves with a couple of after-match races with Ashley Morris and Gino Manzares.

Great to see Sarj back in for tonight (though obviously would have preferred it in circumstances other than an injury), hope he goes well.

Quite a nice start to the day, the sun has come out so hope it stays good. Had a bit of overnight rain but looks fine at the moment.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks