British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

The Next Viking Invasion

Hope you will announce details of the date thats reachable from London soon so i can start planning,begging, cajolling etc??

One week without a reply now folks?Is it still happening? I could possibly have made it to Plymouth if i'd known the 'nearer' to London date wasn't going ahead, but impossible now. I'm sure your busy with finding riders, working around tracks ever changing play off dates etc but i'd really appreciate some news soon!

One week without a reply now folks?Is it still happening? I could possibly have made it to Plymouth if i'd known the 'nearer' to London date wasn't going ahead, but impossible now. I'm sure your busy with finding riders, working around tracks ever changing play off dates etc but i'd really appreciate some news soon!

David you wish is my command

After a week of practically rebuilding the team due to injury and a clash with the Swedish play-offs we are pleased to announce the list of the 8 riders who will represent Team Viking on our 6th tour of the UK.

not in riding order.....

1. Thomas Jorgansen (DK) 18 years

2. Jonas B Andersen (DK) 18

3. Robin Bergqvist (SW) 21

4. Jonas Messing (SW) 21

5. Claes Nedermark (DK) 20

6. Patrick Tarp (DK) 20

7. Lee Geary (GB) 27

8. Sam Woods (GB) 17

Former Berwick Rider Tamas Sike from Hungary will fill in for Jonas Andersen at Redcar as Jonas has a meeting at Vojens that night.

Robin Bergqvist will take on the role of Team Captain. Lee geary will captain the team for our 2nd half meeting

As to fixtures.. unfortunately we were unable to agree a date with a track near to london but we are in talks about going there at easter next year (its not Rye House) We have been asked to do some demonstration races at lydd but it depends on where we are that weekend and travelling. So here are out fixtues as we speak.

Thurs 23/9 Redcar

Fri 24/9 Plymouth

Sat 25/9 Scunthorpe (individual summer open series)

Thurs 30/9 Sheffield (2nd half)

Fri 1/10 Weymouth

Sat 2/10 (TBA)

Sun 3/10 Newcastle (v Scotland select)

This is by far the strongest Team Viking we have ever put together and will be a tough match for all our opponents, We have 4 riders in our ranks who will be no doubt riding premier league next year so I would urge you all to come out and see some young stars of the future in action.

What happened to Peter Karger coming over? Was there a change of plan?

Wish I could get to the Scunny meeting but sadly im working. But gonna try making Sheffield on the thursday night instead. Do u know who you are taking there yet? Im would really like to see Robin Bergqvist ride. And also Thomas Jorgansen again.

Edited by danish kitty

There seems to be a horrible lack of interest or information about last night's meeting at Redcar...anyone got any info??

From www.speedwaygb.com:

CHALLENGE

Redcar 51 (Tomas Suchanek 14)

Team Viking 42 (Jonas Messing 16)

I had no idea that Jonas was going to ride for Team Viking before I saw that score on speedwaygb.com (because I hadn't visited this thread), but way to go Jonas!

You often read that "this guy is a genuin nice guy etc", and if I had to chose one for that quote, it might be Jonas. I've had the pleasure of being manager for Nässjö (in Sweden's Division 1 league) this season, and Jonas has been the ultimate team mate. He's always the first one to help out if someone's in trouble, so it's nice to see him score so well in the opening of the Viking's tour. He deserves it, and I just have to keep a good look on this thread for now on.

Does any one have any scores from tonights match at Redcar?

51-42 Birks 9 for vikings

s worrall 7+2 redcar

r Worrall 4 redcar

Is there anyone going to the Plymouth leg of this tour who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Redcar Select

1. Tomas Suchanek 3,3,3,3,2 = 14

2. Steve Worrall 2*,2*, 3,0 = 7+2

3. Joe Haines 2,3,3,3, = 11

4. Greg Blair ef,ef,1,f = 1

5. Peter Juul 3,1,3,0,1* = 8+1

6. Richie Worrall 2,0,1,1 = 4

7. Robert Branford 1*,1,2*,2* = 6+3

Team Viking

1. Rider Replacement

2. Patrick Tarp 1,2,FX,FX = 3

3. Robin Bergqvist 1,2*,1*,1,2,ef = 7+2

4. Jonas Messing 0,3,3,4^, 3,3 = 16

5. Claes Nedermark 2,1,2,2,2^ = 9

6. Lee Geary 0,0,0 = 0

7. Ashley Birks 3,0,1,1,0,2* = 7+1

Very nice scores from the Scunny boys. Really pleased. Good scores all round. And a very competitive match to from the looks of things! Thanks for posting Nemesis. :)

Will anyone be able to post the results from the Plymouth match tonight at some point please?

Edited by danish kitty

51-39 to the Devils, didnt complete my program so not got the individual scores.

Hello, can anyone provide heats results from match Redcar - Team Viking?

Redcar Select V Team Viking

Ht 1 Suchanek, SWorrall, Tarp, Messing. 5-1 57.1

Ht 2 Birks, R Worrall, Branford, Geary. 3-3 (8-4) 58.3

Ht 3 Messing, Haines, Bergqvist, Blair ef. 2-4 (10-8) 56.6

Ht 4 Juul, Nedermark, Brandford, Birks. 4-2 (14-10) 56.5

Ht 5 Haines, Tarp, Birks, Blair ef. 3-3 (17-13) 56.3

Ht 6 Suchanek, SWorrall, Nedermark, Geary. 5-1 (22-14) 56.9

Ht 7 Messing, Bergqvist, Juul,R Worrall. 1-5 (23-19) 57.0

Ht 8 SWorrall, Branford, Birks,Tarp FX 5-1 (28-20) 58.5

Ht 9 Haines, Nedermark, Blair, Geary. 4-2 (32-22) 56.0

Ht 10 Suchanek, MESSING ,Bergqvist SWorrall. 3-5 (35-27) 56.0

Ht 11 Juul, Nedermark, R Worrall, Tarp FX 4-2 (39-29) 56.6