British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Bspa Agm 2004 News Here!

Flipping heck Dekker, me and Crazy Munchie in one day - you must be losing your touch!!! :D:o

Eeeeeek x 2

MYLOR

Your analysis is spot on although I dont think the promoters have tried to hide their reasons. In a full market, any employee can ask for the earth and get it. In a supply exceeds the demand situation, the employee has to extract the highest pay and still get employed. In the last couple of seasons. and in one case this coming season, some big names were not hired because they ignored this. Unfortunately in speedway the Promoter gets chastised for not doing enough to retain the rider, whilst the rider does not get blamed for being greedy. Ah well, thats life.

I hope the EGM does not destroy anything but has been called to rectify minor problems. With riders signed by most teams, its a bit late to change again now.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

hope the EGM does not destroy anything but has been called to rectify minor problems

Am I alone in wondering if this EGM has more to do with a promoter throwing toys out of the pram cos someone pinched his sweeties?

Strange that news of it surfaced on only one clubs website.

Odds on Neil posting denials

10/1 .... 3 hours

5/1 ..... 2 hours

evens ....within the hour

sorry i do not understand what and who are you talking about?

Ahhh so you are really a member of the BSPA :P Your comment suggests you have the perfect qualifications ;)

Edited by Midnight_Lady

I got a nasty feeling that the EGM is about a certain promoter not being too chuffed about THE transfer that didn't/hasn't happened.

I was rather hoping tho' that it would be because the nitwits had realized that the way the top two grades have been done is complete arse, ands that they were going to change it to one A and one B or two B's rather then wot it is.

I think you might be right there Shalewhale.

According to the Speedway Star, Peterborough are struggling to put a team together.

Mick Horton quote..... "I want to run in the Elite League but certain things will have to happen on Monday. We need protection over Kenneth Bjerre and we will also need some leeway over top-end riders."

Mick Horton quote..... "I want to run in the Elite League but certain things will have to happen on Monday. We need protection over Kenneth Bjerre and we will also need some leeway over top-end riders."

'Oh yeah, no worries Mick, you have Rico and Sully and we'll make sure we sort out Belle Vue over Bjerre too.

Coventry won't mind you having two top graded riders, they wanted to ship out Hamil and Rico. Tel doesn't care he hated Loram and the fans at Eastbourne never wanted him back.

Oh and while we're at it, those cockney boys at Arena wouldn't want Hamil or Hancock (insert any really) to go with Loram, will just make it better for you mate.'

Now what was that self-destruct sequence? Leeway over top-end riders, don't make me laugh that's just embarrassing.

Edited by Tony

When Tuesday* comes.............................................................

(*= or whichever day we find out whats happening!)

i have just read what that mick horton said and what an idiot he is especially the bit where he goes on about when they went there all knowing which riders they wanted to keep.

Newsflash mick it sounds like they are all having a laugh at your expense.

Can you imagine them all sitting there.

"yes of course mick we are not going to try and have any riders you wish to have"

"not"

Help Me !!

As a supporter who just wants to watch racing and not a subscriber to the SS, can anyone point to a place where the details of the changes regarding the grading system are given ???? They are not available on the BSPA site (no surprise there - what a content free site that continues to be).

There seems to be suggestions in the previous pages of this topic here as to what the points spread per each grading band is but which one is the correct one ??

Seems like scrapping the points system and introducing a grading system (based on the points system) is a bold decision -

Good points - it help the clubs with a distribution of riders and hopefully a reasonably competitive EL. maybe it helps reduce costs, and limit the effect of the GP on some clubs.

Bad point - without knowing the details of the grading system (but reading the Bees website) it would appear that there are more Grade A riders than Grade A positions (but Im not sure on this - help/info would be appreciated) - so the people running the sport have made a decision that eliminates some of the best riders from continuing in the sport ?? :unsure: - please tell me Im wrong, and put my doubts to rest

Thanks in advance, Paul

Not definite, but bandings seem to be: -

A - +9.5

B - +8.0

C - +6.5

D - +5.5

E - +4.5

F - Rest

Thanks guys. Im sure that with Coventry having to choose 1 rider from AJ, Lee and Hammil that the actual points range per grade is known - I just couldnt find it anywhere !!

I was just interested to determine how many A and B grade riders there were knowing that a max of 10 per grade will be allowed to ride in the EL next season. If Steve Turners posting on seasons averages are correct (and who am I to doubt the legend that is Steve Turner ??!!) then it seems there are some riders without an EL job next year ?? if thats the case then its one hell of a decision by the BSPA.

Not that I will be watching much EL next year due to race night change at Brandon !! :sad::sad: ...as long as Armadale stays on Fridays then I will be OK for my Speedway fix..... is Stoke my only 'weekend in the Midlands' option ??

Cheers Paul