British Speedway Forum

predictions guys?

i'll go with Sheffield doing well but reckon the Diamonds will come out on top :(

predictions guys?

i'll go with Sheffield doing well but reckon the Diamonds will come out on top :(

If Newcastle go anything like they did last night, they'll finish bottom of group 1... :rolleyes:

The form we're hitting, I believe we can be spoilers :approve:

predictions guys?

Newcastle's chances all rest on Kenni Larsen been fit to take his place following his withdrawl from the home match against Edinburgh last night with an elbow injury and Rene Bach arriving back in the country ok following the U21 world final the night before (his plane is due aprx 12pm at Stanstead for a 2.15pm start!).

If any problems with these 2 then Newcastle could struggle to even track a team as Derek Sneddon was also injured in last nights match and Anders Andersen has since been released.

predictions guys?

Birmingham & Sheffield, with Rye House being spoilers, depending on what Chris Neath turns up

Birmingham & Sheffield, with Rye House being spoilers, depending on what Chris Neath turns up

Without Frampton and possibly Sundstrom?

predictions guys?

1st Sheffield (Hopefully), 2nd Newcastle, 3rd Edinburgh.

Really pleased this meeting has gone back to its traditional home at the EoES, should be a great afternoons racing

Edited by Tigerite

1st Sheffield (Hopefully), 2nd Newcastle, 3rd Edinburgh

I reckon you could be right with that prediction.

Have been persuaded by Rocketben to now go Sunday, apparently it was an entertaining meeting last time at the Showground it's a shame that Rye are weakened with the possibility of Kessler now riding for us!

A Bowmaz quote "Can we have a guest for Frampton?"

Isn't it we went back to the regional on track qualification. I am sure these meeting would be of interest to the locals and nearby supporters alike. These meeting could be run in plenty of time, thus allowing all qualifying fans to arrange travel etc etc. If you have watched your team qualify for an event I feel you would be much more likely to attend the finals. It will be interesting to see what crowd turns up on Sunday, I hope it is a big one!!

I apologise if this has been mentioned but is this just tickets or will we be able to pay on the gate? Normally booking would be no problem but we won't know until the day before if we can get to this.. thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

I apologise if this has been mentioned but is this just tickets or will we be able to pay on the gate? Normally booking would be no problem but we won't know until the day before if we can get to this.. thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

You can pay on the day - we are

My Prediction for Sunday:

1. Newcastle

2. Sheffield

3. Edinburgh

4. Berwick

Would love to see the Brummies do it but I really doubt it as when the pressures on we tend to go missing. :sad:

With the tough group we are in aswell I think it would be a big shock if we won the trophy

Edited by Brummie Kev

My Prediction for Sunday:

1. Newcastle

2. Sheffield

3. Edinburgh

4. Berwick

Would love to see the Brummies do it but I really doubt it as when the pressures on we tend to go missing. :sad:

With the tough group we are in aswell I think it would be a big shock if we won the trophy

Don't sell the Brummies short, Kev, the wide open spaces of the EoES should suit Team Oz down to a Tee. Any idea of the teams' riders yet?

Don't sell the Brummies short, Kev, the wide open spaces of the EoES should suit Team Oz down to a Tee. Any idea of the teams' riders yet?

RIDERS GROUP 1:

NEWCASTLE: Kenni Larsen, Mark Lemon, Rene Bach, Jason King.

BIRMINGHAM: Jason Lyons, Richard Sweetman, Steve Johnston, Aaron Summers.

SHEFFIELD: Josh Auty, Ricky Ashworth, Richard Hall, Josef Franc.

BERWICK: Adrian Rymel, Lee Complin, Michal Makovsky, Paul Clews.

GROUP 2:

EDINBURGH: Ryan Fisher, Kevin Wolbert, Kalle Katajisto, Matthew Wethers.

RYE HOUSE: Linus Sundstrom, Jordan Frampton, Stefan Ekberg, Chris Neath.

SCUNTHORPE: David Howe, Magnus Karlsson, Carl Wilkinson, Tero Aarnio.

SOMERSET: Cory Gathercole, Shane Parker, Sam Masters, Ritchie Hawkins

riders highlighted are either injured or at the u21 world final on the night before and may be struggling to make it

Edited by Warm&Cosy

And Kevin Wolbert won't be there, as he is in the u-21 final. Tully will ride in his palce.