British Speedway Forum

i'm looking forward to this immensely.

IF The Diamonds have there best 4 they're gonna walk this.

Well they did......and they didn't :wink:

:lol:

Nice to see the rules being followed which the MC gave out a few weeks back , with Lambert, Bujega, Kessler, Holder and Worral all in the fours today making it 5 illegal teams taking part as per the rules of having to race 8 meetings for your club at the cut off point, Sheffield i agree should allowed as they had there team wiped out at Berwick last night but it seems to be one rule for one club and one for another :angry:

Dear, dear, Mr Dickson seems you are getting confused with regard to the qualification eligiblity at cut off date and that actual rider availability on the day of the meeting can change :rolleyes:

If one was to follow your logic any team making subsequent team changes could be barred.

Take Rye House for example, Frampton & Bowen injured, Shields replaced. So they are now left with six riders two of whom do not meet the 8 match criteria (Kessler & Starke). So how do you suggest they comply with your take on fielding five "legal" riders ?

Likewise should Somerset have been thrown out for having the temerity to have replaced messrs Boxall/Tomicek, Werner & Baseby/Anderson with the ineligible Hefenbrock, Holder, & Howarth ?

Why Scunny preferred Worrall to Hart or Bergstrom, you will have to ask them.

Turning to the main target of your innuendo, Kevin Wolbert has a Polish League commitment which was confirmed prior to the composition of the Fours line-up was announced, and neither Lawson nor Bugeja would have completed the 8 matches for Monarchs by 27/7.

Hope this clarifies the confusion, and best of luck in restoring Ashfield to a decent racing strip in 2011 :P

The jawdee mob in front of us soon sulked away lol

Edited by mrmiddlesbrough

Just as well Kings Lynn didn't qualify then!!!

As for Wolbert, is he not riding in a Polish play off? Edinburgh's qualification for this was obvious(dont think he had to wait for the official announcement to know this) I bet well before his Polish team qualified for this!!! It still doesn't change the fact that he is putting his Polish commitments before his Edinburgh ones and I cannot see why Monarchs fans think this is acceptable!! I would say the same if it were a Glasgow rider

As for Wolbert, is he not riding in a Polish play off? Edinburgh's qualification for this was obvious(dont think he had to wait for the official announcement to know this) I bet well before his Polish team qualified for this!!! It still doesn't change the fact that he is putting his Polish commitments before his Edinburgh ones and I cannot see why Monarchs fans think this is acceptable!! I would say the same if it were a Glasgow rider

Adrian Rymel was in a similar position,but he chose to stay loyal to his British club. ;)

Im just amazed Edinburgh havent been allowed to use a guest. :D

Edited by screm

Shame on you george.m, not supporting a fellow Scottish club... :wink:

Grass nice and tidy?

LOL!!!!

Coming up a treat!

Afraid you seem to be ignorant of the Polish fixtures, inasmuch that the scheduled play off dates involve all clubs, irrespective of venue or opponents.

You might recall that Wolbert did turn up for the dubiously postponed Premier Trophy match at Ashfield, instead of turning out for a rescheduled fixture for his Polish club that day.

It's quite simple, KW has his racing calendar set out at the beginning of the season and honours these commitments, unless subsequent FIM fixtures have to take precedence.

Afraid it is just a problem we have to live with by signing quality riders, but it is a cross Monarchs supporters are happy to bear :approve:

Well Done Brummies :)

Monarchs 2nd good day all round.:)

Kevin's diary is always kept up to date if he wasn't committed to Edinburgh would he have drove across Europe when the Ash cloud was about. Edinburgh would have qualified if we had used Andrew's average at the cut off and he would have completed 8 meetings at that date.

Glasgow have a dig at Edinburgh no suprise there then :(

Well done to everyone at Birmingham on a deserved win,but a massive well done to Sheffield who made it through to the Final with a patched up team.

Surprise of the day was Newcastle not making it through to the Final at least.

Many congratulations to the Brummies on winning the PL 4's. So pleased for my good friend bluejam :wink:

Well done the Monarchs on grabbing second place and slso well done to a depleted Sheffield in making it through to the final.

B) Congrats to Brummies!Very well done.Deserve a trophy.Big respect to our very own Mighty Monarchs too.Nice one. Hope everyone had a good day out.safe journey home :approve:

Yes very disappointing that we didn't even make the final. Our luck seems to have run out big style since heat 6 last week with an ef for Rene costing us a final place today. A similar story to the pairs when an ef for Kenni cost us. At least we have a trophy in the cupboard.

Congatulations to the Brummies though. They have had a genuine chance of winning the title blown away through injuries so I think they deserve to win some silverware.

Still the KOC and the play-offs to look forward to.

Well done to everyone at Birmingham on a deserved win,but a massive well done to Sheffield who made it through to the Final with a patched up team.

Surprise of the day was Newcastle not making it through to the Final at least.

I think that just about sums the day up! Birmingham looked by far the best balanced side and seemed to win the final at a canter. Congratulations to them. They've suffered so much through injury nearly every season that no-one could surely begrudge them this success.

We'll never know just how much Sheffield missed Josh Auty. The Auty I saw on Thursday night was just awesome. That sort of form at Peterborough this afternoon might have made a big difference.

Well Newcastle fans who trumpeted their likely success must be wondering how they didn't at least get through to the final.