British Speedway Forum
fentigers79

Mildenhall Speedway

To be honest I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of this country, if I had the money I would emigrate to Australia tomorrow.

Takes more than money to emigrate, mate, ya gotta be intelligent, charming and good-looking for starters.

(Luckily I got in before they changed the rules.)

Have you made contact with the SCB? I thought they held a bond just in case things like this happen.

yes been in touch with bspa.the person who is dealing with it said its a nightmare. btw .tigers forever whoever you are thanks for p.m. yes youre right must be an idiot to have got involved with the outgoing promoter in the first place.idiot by name and idiot by nature. well never again.

yes been in touch with bspa.the person who is dealing with it said its a nightmare. btw .tigers forever whoever you are thanks for p.m. yes youre right must be an idiot to have got involved with the outgoing promoter in the first place.idiot by name and idiot by nature. well never again.

I fully understand your position and you are only protecting your son, but as you say why was he not paid from the previous gate fees? maybe someone could explain to a supporter how it works ive heard from other promotors that in the past home and away riders are paid by the home club the agreed set minimum for the level (premier league/national league) and that the away promotion then top up their riders agreed wages and so on. Is this correct? or do home pay home and visiting teams pay their own riders its all very confusing.

I fully understand your position and you are only protecting your son, but as you say why was he not paid from the previous gate fees? maybe someone could explain to a supporter how it works ive heard from other promotors that in the past home and away riders are paid by the home club the agreed set minimum for the level (premier league/national league) and that the away promotion then top up their riders agreed wages and so on. Is this correct? or do home pay home and visiting teams pay their own riders its all very confusing.

In the NL all riders are paid by their own club for both home and away matches. In the EL and PL the home promotion pay both sets of riders at an agreed rate with the riders own club paying any top ups or extras as necessary.

Its the BSPA that hold a bond for every track. Doubt it would cover the money village idiot states is owed to the riders in this case though.

All a very, very, sad state of affairs - looks like the future, if indeed there is one, of Mildenhall Speedway is TOTALLY in the hands of these two apparently waring people. Sad indeed for all supporters and people who have given their time and effort freely in running the club for so long. Once again Speedway scores another own goal I guess.

i hope mr mascall and rdc come to an amicable agreement,its sad that all this has blown up so soon after mrs mascall passing away,the fact that rdc are asking for support from everyone on the cars side of things gives hope that this guy complaining will have a fight on his hands,i and many others would not like to see mildenhall speedway go to the wall. :neutral:

Well, maybe people could actually write letters of support, via the e-mail given

on page one of this thread, to RDC. I've already e-mailed Dave Coventry and hope

that others will do the same.

It is a sorry state of affairs, but its the club that needs support, not any

promoter.

As I put in my e-mail and its also mentioned on here by someone else, anyone

purchasing or renting a property near a Motorsports stadium HAS to be informed

that one is nearby.

We had just this situation at Ipswich, some years ago, when they built a new

housing estate along the Foxhall Road, towards the Town. The Estate Agents

were correctly telling buyers that the stadium was there, but and this was

the laughable part, they told the buyers that it would be gone within 3 years.

Well, hey ho, something like a decade or so later and Ipswich speedway and the

stockcars are still there.

So, this mystery complainer HAD to be informed of the Mildenhall Stadium, what

was run there and when, so they had a blinking choice.

The really really stupid and daft thing about all this is, the Airbase.

How much more noise can something make than that??

As for Villigeidiot and his son, I really am saddened to read that you are

owed money by the current promotion, something that is most definitely not on.

I hope you get whats owed, sooner rather than later and your lad gets to

continue with his racing career.

Dave Coventry has dismissed suggestions that his refusal to discuss lower rent options is preventing other parties from taking control of the Fen Tigers. Outgoing promoter Ray Mascall claims that prospective buyers have met his valuation of the club but cannot go further due to a breakdown in negotiations with Coventry, who owns Mildenhall Stadium. Coventry is in talks to buy the club himself but has so far yet to meet Mascall’s asking price as negotiations continue to drag on.

"It all seems down to one person who is frightening everyone off," said Mascall. "Everyone else is prepared to pay what I am asking for but just are getting nowhere with Dave. He is not budging on the rent which is £1,300. And it’s up to him to give me the right offer."

Coventry retorted: "This seems to be the attitude of a lot of people in speedway. The stadium has overheads and the rent includes track preparation, which is a very expensive business."

Two away fixtures have already been postponed but a solution is likely to be needed before the Tigers to host Buxton next weekend. Tigers duo Joe Jacobs and Oliver Rayson line up in the British Under-18 Championship at Somerset on Friday.

From the Mildenhall website. So not looking good for the future still.

I have emailed my support for the stadium as requested in a previous post and I would urge as many of you to do so as well, if you havent already.

From the Mildenhall website. So not looking good for the future still.

I have emailed my support for the stadium as requested in a previous post and I would urge as many of you to do so as well, if you havent already.

Oh dear, this is not looking good. I have also sent a letter supporting the stadium. Lets hope lots of people have the time to do this. I still cannot get it into my head how one woman can get a stadium shut down which has so much support in so many different sports. As a previous poster stated she MUST have known the stadium was there when she purchased her property. Will she now go for the closure of Lakenheath Air Base? those very noisy naughty airplanes must be most annoying for the poor woman!!!! :blink:

Oh dear, this is not looking good. I have also sent a letter supporting the stadium. Lets hope lots of people have the time to do this. I still cannot get it into my head how one woman can get a stadium shut down which has so much support in so many different sports. As a previous poster stated she MUST have known the stadium was there when she purchased her property. Will she now go for the closure of Lakenheath Air Base? those very noisy naughty airplanes must be most annoying for the poor woman!!!! :blink:

I really do feel for Mildenhall, I too am amazed at how one person could get a stadium shut down. Your club has acted by putting sound barriers at a cost of £40,000 yet this one idiot still wants it shut.

At Birmingham we had had problems with complaints about noise, the sound of the PA and would you believe even the amount of litter on the streets of Perry Barr. You always get people who moan, but acting on the concerns goes along way. Its why I'm amazed that despite all the hard work and expense you have gone to it still not make a difference.

Good Luck Mildenhall

Edited by Brummie Kev

very sad for the club so is ther no meeting on sunday buxton are ther and i was going as part of my holls can anyone tell me please.

Coventry retorted: "This seems to be the attitude of a lot of people in speedway. The stadium has overheads and the rent includes track preparation, which is a very expensive business."

Misleading to say the least :angry:

It would be true to say that costs for any of the shale (actually, at Mildenhall, its brick dust mixed with clay)are met by Dave Coventry and that he repairs the track after stock car meetings, removing the concrete blocks that are round the inside of the circuit. He also is responsible for taking the safety fence down.

However, the fence is put up by a team of volunteers on behalf of Mildenhall Speedway (which takes several hours)who also do other tasks like checking lights, painting the white line, starting gate etc.

All of the track and security staff are volunteers who act on behalf of the speedway promotion.

Joe Evans prepares the track (usually starting around 10.00am) and continues looking after it during the meeting. He's paid by Ray Mascall.

Its very, very far from the case that the speedway riders & officials turn up and everything has been made ready by the stadium owners.

If its very expensive for track preparation, then the fact that the speedway team do it all themselves (when that was not originally the case)should qualify for a reduction in the original terms agreed, surely ?

very sad for the club so is ther no meeting on sunday buxton are ther and i was going as part of my holls can anyone tell me please.

Mentions on the website, in date order, go as follows:

They will not be back in action until August 1 at home to Buxton.

Two away fixtures have already been postponed but a solution is likely to be needed before the Tigers to host Buxton next weekend.

It seem's its still very much up in the air, but it doesnt look too promising. I'm sure there will be more news shortly, though that may not be of much help for you planning.