British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

Indeed Pawel, probably one of the best meeting I've seen from Vojens since Tony Rickardsson stole the world title from under Hans Nielsen's nose there back in '94!

Got to disagree there, Gollob is a genius on the bike, nobody in the present or recent past era can be compared to what he can do on a bike, in my opinion it is his temperment that has seen that elsuive word title slip out of reach.

You can still have burning passion inside, without showing your emotions like Gollob does, and sometimes in the SGP we have seen Gollob allow that emotion to get the better of him, whereby someone that might not show the same emotion on the outside but uses that emotion to his or her advantage in their next performance.

I am a huge fan of Harris, but you can not compare him to Gollob, Gollob is a genius on the bike.

I guess Mr Rickardsson could be considered to be on the same level as Gollob. No question that Gollob today is the best rider in the world but their has been riders earlier that has been genius on the bike as well, for example Jan O Pedersen was an amazing rider.

But I really hope Gollob wins the the title this year cause noone else in the topspeedway deserves it as much as Tomasz Gollob.

I guess Mr Rickardsson could be considered to be on the same level as Gollob. No question that Gollob today is the best rider in the world but their has been riders earlier that has been genius on the bike as well, for example Jan O Pedersen was an amazing rider.

But I really hope Gollob wins the the title this year cause noone else in the topspeedway deserves it as much as Tomasz Gollob.

Best on medium to large tracks.

Not so hot on the small ones.

A truly GREAT rider can ride them all.

If only the track hadn't been slush in the first 6 or 7 heats! :neutral:

Bomber's got us back into contention for a medal. C'mon England!!!! :lol:

rain saves vojens who'd have thought it

Best on medium to large tracks.

Not so hot on the small ones.

A truly GREAT rider can ride them all.

top class speedway should not be riden on junior tracks

Congratulations Poland, best team on display today. Unlucky England, so close to a medal, but after the past few years it's a step in the right direction. :approve:

rain saves vojens who'd have thought it

top class speedway should not be riden on junior tracks

Top class speedway riders can ride ANY track shape or size.

Care to name such 'junior tracks'?

Congratulations Poland, best team on display today. Unlucky England, so close to a medal, but after the past few years it's a step in the right direction. :approve:

yes well done Poland

despite pleasing flashes of success today GB are still only top 6 and will remain so until we have a new generation of genuine 9 pointers coming through

yes well done Poland

despite pleasing flashes of success today GB are still only top 6 and will remain so until we have a new generation of genuine 9 pointers coming through

The constant big-ing it up on Sky about bronze means nothing, it is second losers. I would slightly disagree with you though that I thought Team GB did well today, and were unlucky not to nick third spot, did well yesterday when others failed, so I think they do deserve to be given top four billing, rather than top 6.

WHAT A MEETING!

Gollob and the last race - classic! :D

Edited by Mateusz

Gutted for Bomber and the boys :( They rode out of their skins..No citicisms of the riders here. Still really proud of them :approve:

Well done Polska!

Top class speedway riders can ride ANY track shape or size.

Care to name such 'junior tracks'?

half of the tracks in the uk are junior tracks, one of the reasons team gb does not do well on the world stage

What a shame they never got the bronze medal, some great racing! Think we know who is really the British No1. Nicholl's failure to win a race really goes to show that he struggles against the top riders in the world and his GP posistions really are a reflection of his true ability. On this showing the top 2 Brits are in the Gp's.