British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

100% agree. Big mistake by Lyon, cost team GB a medal.

Big Ron for me.

You must be on drugs he cant even manage Swindon

The final and race offs should never be allowed to be staged at vojeans again too much dodgy weather crap starting gates and lack of on the spot decisions poor effort for an international fixture total re think of venues from now on , too much influence from ole olsen and his ego !!

Of course bad weather and problems with starting gates would never ever happen anywhere else :blink:

In the recent Fifa World Cup you had two brothers playing for different countries.

The Boateng brothers, one played for Germany (where they were both brought up) one decided to play for Ghana ( the heritage of their father) the other for Germany..The decisions were stemmed from their heritage, hardly the same is it...?

Edited by Jacques

There are certainly a bunch of south African born players in the England set up, Pietersen and Trott for a start, there have also been foriegn born players in our rugby Union and Rugby League teams

Pietersen and Trott never played a test match for South Africa thou did they Morgan played one day Cricket for Ireland but yet again not a test match .

Holta has no doubt rode for Norway at senior and maybe even the World Cup thats the big thing Polish passport or no Polish passport .

Of course bad weather and problems with starting gates would never ever happen anywhere else :blink:

Not as often as vojeans happens reguarly , even the riders stated it so must be some truth in the matter !! :rolleyes:

You must be on drugs he cant even manage Swindon

You mean Big Ron, the fantastic manager who's way of motivating his riders is threaten them with the sack on TV....? LOL

It was quite a good meeting with some very hard riding at times. What a shame that Scottie had such a poor night, he never looked like getting amongst the points. A good score from him would have made a lot of difference. Stead was way off the pace too.

Congratulations to Poland.. tight throughout but I think the best team won. I'm not a big fan of Gollob's but my god that man can't half ride a bike. Hampel and Holta were great back up for him too.

Thought it was a really good meeting, some fantastic racing and close scores and last heat deciders definitely add to that. Iversen's stunning moves to grab a race win on the line was speedway at its best and will stick in the mind for a long time to come.

Despite the result, the Brits tried as hard as they could and were in the mix and in with a chance to the end.. I thought Bomber was absolutely superb and Richardson got some important points in. I was impressed with Tai who did well and I thought he was really in the mix. Shame Scotty wasn't at his best as we could really have got up there, and sadly in this company Steady did struggle but the effort and passion was there and as disappointing as you could find 4th, there was no lack of effort. I did say after Monday Rob Lyon had won me over and he was the man for the job, I was disappointed with his decisions regarding the Joker.. but then hindsight is a wonderful thing, all ifs and buts but you've got to wonder where we'd have got with success in that department.

Thought all refereeing decisions, bar one, were bang on.. heat 3 was all 4 back, every day of the week in my eyes.. but other than that nothing too controversial.

100% agree. Big mistake by Lyon, cost team GB a medal.

Big Ron for me.

Pugwash, why was it a big mistake by Lyon, he had to play it at some point, yes he could have waited for Scott or Lee, but even then, who said it wouldn't have back fired. Harris came out a blitzed his previous heat, he's the plank for changing his set up, he had no need to.

But even then, think of the points we gave away, and the meeting is run over 25 heats!

The bottom line is we ain't good enough, and although credit to the boys who gave it a go, we ain't going to be good enough.

Robs got the same problem as Neil had, who else is there? Eddie Kennett maybe, Danny King? Then your struggling, Bridger is not interested Ben Barker is knowhere near good enough, then you are really struggling.

I could go on and on About the NDL and main sponsors, but im wasting my breath, and finger.

i have far better use for the both of them!!!

Edited by Starman2006

Blue has actually only won the SWC final once in the current format. Red has won 3 times out of 6 and Yellow 2 times...Time to get the cash on the Swedes and the Brits

I just knew when I posted it that someone would be checking records but I expected it to be SCB. :P Perhaps I was including the previous format as well Henry. :wink:

Colours for each team are drawn before match, Gemini

(Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere on here)

No, my question hadn't been answered before so thanks for that.

I was right anyway - blue won. :D

Edited by Gemini

I thought they are where they are because they are useing a Gp rider who came from Norway .....Put Holta in one of the other sides then your likely to have a seen another result .

Very clever of you to think like that, mate!

I wonder what your grandad would say when Great Britain was fielding Barry Briggs, and Ivan Mauger.

Anyway, Holta asked for Polish passport, not British, Danish or Swedish. In other words, he did not want to be in any other team than Polish.

It was his choice!

Pugwash, why was it a big mistake by Lyon, he had to play it at some point, yes he could have waited for Scott or Lee, but even then, who said it wouldn't have back fired. Harris came out a blitzed his previous heat, he's the plank for changing his set up, he had no need to.

But even then, think of the points we gave away, and the meeting is run over 25 heats!

The bottom line is we ain't good enough, and although credit to the boys who gave it a go, we ain't going to be good enough.

Robs got the same problem as Neil had, who else is there? Eddie Kennett maybe, Danny King? Then your struggling, Bridger is not interested Ben Barker is knowhere near good enough, then you are really struggling.

I could go on and on About the NDL and main sponsors, but im wasting my breath, and finger.

i have far better use for the both of them!!!

Hold the first one and put the second one onto the computer off button...he he ;)

I thought that was a good race meeting & the weather made the track slightly better than the usual slick as a baby's botty stuff you get from Vojens.

Well done to the Poles, in fact well done to all 4 nations.

Getting this on must have been tough so everyone deserves credit for that, even Ole Olsen.icon_smile_shock.gif

As for The Brits, well it's progress from where we have been the last 5 years so we can take credit for that, everyone mucked in on & off the track & that's what you need, we we're 1 joker ride away from a medal, that's how far we've come. Next year, 1 step further.

For the Rob Lyon knockers, he's got us alot further than others have with these riders so don't knock him. He's getting us there & he's making our riders believe in themselves.

Have to disagree, we have not made progress from where we have been the last 5 years and next year it will not be one step further, the same old suspects will ride for GB. If Australia had Crump riding we would not have beaten them at Lynn and we would have been in the race off, and we would not have gone through to the final from that. Next year barring injuries, Crump, Sayfutdinov and Nicky P will be back and we will be stuffed.

Very clever of you to think like that, mate!

I wonder what your grandad would say when Great Britain was fielding Barry Briggs, and Ivan Mauger.

Anyway, Holta asked for Polish passport, not British, Danish or Swedish. In other words, he did not want to be in any other team than Polish.

It was his choice!

I certainly don't have a problem with it. He chose to ride for a country to further his career and display his talent. What would he achieved in Norway?? :blink: He's been part of a World cup winning team and is active at individual (GP) level for Poland. I think he made the right choice myself and good on him :approve:

Edited by Jacques

It was his choice!

Wasn't it a means of helping out Czestochowa when the Poles had a "one foreign rider" rule? Having Holta as a Pole meant they could field another foreign rider.

However, he's Polish enough for the FIM and that's all that really matters. Given his current form it would be the height of stupidity not to have him in the team. Speedway is a results business and Poland got the result. If Britain had the "Holta option" would they have failed to deploy it? Not if they wanted to be winners.