British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

We should learn from it.

I'm sure all our promoters would like to run their tracks like Poland and/or Sweden/Denmark but as you say it's impossible.

What all our promoters could do here would be to invite councillors to speedway all the time so they can see that speedway is good for their communities perhaps.

Rzeszow been sharing that stadium with football for long time(about 60 years) now with new sponsors every couple of years team name of speedway club sometimes changes but it was Stal Rzeszow for years and Stal had different sport sections football section,speedway section etc but same team logo and team colours(that still exists to this day)as for other Polish clubs maybe Mateusz knows more but i am pretty much sure Bydgoszcz track got a footbal field inside and identical situation to Rzeszow with club having diff sections speedway and football and share team colours.

Yes indeed - Polonia Bydgoszcz stadium is a speedway track + football pitch so it's shared by both sections of the same sports club. However, the football team plays in some low division (4th I think) so there's no serious clash with practice/matches times - it's not used 24/7, needless to say.

At last I've watched the SKY recording of the meeting after reading the adverse criticism. I expected a pretty dire performance but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was led to believe from this forum.

Bomber was obviously gutted at his exclusion but he has nothing to feel bad about. He came back fighting so it might even make him a more determined rider now. The GB team were on a par with the other finalists unlike our footballers who weren't.

Every team had last places (or "at the back" as they tend to say) but some feel it necessary to pick up on ours.

So it's not a team for the future but I thought they did us proud.

I expected a pretty dire performance but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was led to believe from this forum.

Hi Dave, I hope it wasn't me who gave that impression, personally I think the lads did over and above what was expected of them and there was some good racing too. The point I'm trying to make is there is a huge gap between fourth and winning, if Harris, Nicholls or Richardson had picked up an injury just before the World Cup... what do we have as back up? The Danes especially and the Poles wouldn't have any kind of problem, if they suffered injuries of a similar nature, they'd still remain competitive.

The Danes especially and the Poles wouldn't have any kind of problem, if they suffered injuries of a similar nature, they'd still remain competitive.

Why the Danes especially? Okay, they were able to replace one Pedersen with another, but beyond that what have they got? Hougaard is hardly a strong replacement, is he? And nor is Madsen. The Poles, on the other hand, can bring in such quality riders as Walasek, Ulamek (both of whom finished ahead of the British duo in last season's world championship), Kasprzak, Balinski and even Protasiewicz.

Why the Danes especially?

I simply said "especially" as they were without Pedersen and were still in the running to win.

To be honest I don't really care if they won with Holta in the team or not.. if The Team GB manager got a knock on his door saying Emil Sayfutdinov is now on a UK passport due to marrying is girlfield Brenda Pissweed.. he would be in the team like a shot.

:lol:

... and right you are.