British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Newport (ndl)

What's happening? No result on the BSPA and nobody on here from the meeting :blink:

What's happening? No result on the BSPA and nobody on here from the meeting :blink:

Ended Stars 56 Hornets 35.

Big crash in heat 1 - Tim Webster hooked up with Jon Armstrong going into the first bend first lap. Both went heavy into the fence and both withdrawn from the meeting with arm injuries. No further details but I think both went to hospital. Bikes wrecked too.

Hornets struggled with the track early on but got better as the meeting went on and the track slickened off. Did well in view of the fact they only had five riders and both reserves had seven rides each. Heat 13, Hornets could only track one rider . . . .

Edited by superstar

Ended Stars 56 Hornets 35.

Big crash in heat 1 - Tim Webster hooked up with Jon Armstrong going into the first bend first lap. Both went heavy into the fence and both withdrawn from the meeting with arm injuries. No further details but I think both went to hospital. Bikes wrecked too.

Hornets struggled with the track early on but got better as the meeting went on and the track slickened off. Did well in view of the fact they only had five riders and both reserves had seven rides each. Heat 13, Hornets could only track one rider . . . .

Thanks. Hope they are both OK! Have you got the individual scorers?

Thanks. Hope they are both OK! Have you got the individual scorers?

Stars

Adam Allott 17

Scott Campos 5+2

Cal McDade 11+1

Adam Lowe 9+2

Lewis Kerr 9

Chris Widman 5+2

Hornets

Jon Armstrong 0 (Withdrawn)

Tim Webster 0 (Withdrawn)

Mark Jones 10+1

Tony Atkin 6+1

Kyle Newman 12

James White-Williams 2

Tom Young 5

Edited by superstar

Stars

Adam Allott 17+1

Scott Campos 5+2

Cal McDade 11+1

Adam Lowe 9+2

Lewis Kerr 9

Chris Widman 5+2

Hornets

Jon Armstrong 0 (Withdrawn)

Tim Webster 0 (Withdrawn)

Mark Jones 10+1

Tony Atkin 6+1

Kyle Newman 12

James White-Williams 2

Tom Young 5

Thanks again. Would have been alot closer if it wasn't for that accident. Good guest Lynn had :)

Thanks again. Would have been alot closer if it wasn't for that accident. Good guest Lynn had :)

No problem - least I could do as you were good enough to post the details from the Premier League encounter this afternoon!! Didn't expect much more from the Senior Stars though to be honest :blink:

Young Stars vs Hornets match would have been much closer without the first heat crash (45 min delay to see to both riders which is probably why the BSPA haven't caught up yet) - especially in view of how Jon Armstrong rode at Lynn for Dudley a couple of weeks ago . . . Bet he's really pleased he accepted the guest booking now - ending up in hospital and on his birthday as well.

Hope its nothing too serious and both riders get well soon.

No problem - least I could do as you were good enough to post the details from the Premier League encounter this afternoon!! Didn't expect much more from the Senior Stars though to be honest :blink:

Young Stars vs Hornets match would have been much closer without the first heat crash (45 min delay to see to both riders which is probably why the BSPA haven't caught up yet) - especially in view of how Jon Armstrong rode at Lynn for Dudley a couple of weeks ago . . . Bet he's really pleased he accepted the guest booking now - ending up in hospital and on his birthday as well.

Hope its nothing too serious and both riders get well soon.

BSPA now saying "no result availible". I don't quite understand that, the meeting was completed? How does the BSPA get results of meetings? Someone somewhere is being lazy then :P

Not a very good birthday present for Jon at all :oops: Don't suppose you seen any Hornet fans? :lol:

BSPA now saying "no result availible". I don't quite understand that, the meeting was completed? How does the BSPA get results of meetings? Someone somewhere is being lazy then :P

Not a very good birthday present for Jon at all :oops: Don't suppose you seen any Hornet fans? :lol:

The home promotion has to phone it through with a specific time frame, looks like they have forgotten :unsure:

Yep - definately went to Heat 15!! I think there was a couple of Hornets fans there - apparently one of them won the raffle draw - might just have won sufficient to buy enough diesel to get back across the Norfolk border - doubt it would get 'em back to Wales though :(

Edited by superstar

Really awkward crash for Armstrong and Webster in the first heat, they got hooked up together going into the first turn.

So it was an uphill battle for the Hornets but they got used to the track in the end, particularly Kyle Newman and Mark Jones. I was really impressed with Kyle, on track and his interview with Kevin. Was great to see Mark back in action at Lynn again, I particularly enjoyed his heat 10 race with Cal McDade where he cut back out of the 4th bend to take the 2nd by inches, his win in 12 and then a hard fought 2nd in the last heat :)

For the Stars Adam Allott was on his usual fast Saddlebow Road form, they couldn't have picked a better guest! Of course he brought our injured Star (Kev) down with him who ended up helping Buster with his team managing duties, don't think he ballsed up the programme too much haha. Adam Lowe was on a max until his engine blew in heat 11, he was livid. Lewis Kerr once again impressed, on two wheels and equally laying his bike down following James W/W's fall on the apex of the 1st/2nd bend when he'd set his mind to hammering round that wide outside! He looks right and I hope will go far with a bit of luck :) The lone scot Cal McDade started off with two wins but was beaten by the impressive Newman in heat 9, pipped on the line by Jonesy in 10 and third behind his team mate after veteran Tony Atkin finally got it together from the gate and on track to win heat 14. Scott and Chris equally chipped in for the win by the Young Stars :D

There were some interesting heats following the main event with Adam Roynon practising and a tall young aussie who's name I never managed to find out, having his first go round good old Saddlebow Road :)

Edited by Trees

a tall young aussie who's name I never managed to find out, having his first go round good old Saddlebow Road :)

I think his name was Tom Armstrong.

Haven't seen Tom ride for a few years, at least since Spud won the under-16s in 2004 but I saw his name in a results release from Kurri Kurri recently; good to see him still keeping on in the sport.

Someone from the home track is supposed to phone through result & scorers.