British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

League Table Changed

The statement from the BSPA today confirms Mildenhall have withdrawn from the NL (and NT) and their results expunged.. :cry:

They HAVE updated the league table and it looks now like this:

1 Newport 13 7 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 2 644 527 30

2 Dudley 12 5 0 0 0 2 1 0 3 1 600 503 29

3 Buxton 13 5 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 4 633 550 28

4 Bournemouth 13 5 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 4 611 575 25

5 Rye House 10 3 1 0 1 2 1 0 0 2 483 429 22

6 Plymouth 14 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 6 667 628 20

7 Isle of Wight 14 5 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 7 593 681 15

8 King's Lynn 13 3 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 7 556 645 11

9 Weymouth 13 3 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 5 539 656 10

10 Scunthorpe 13 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 7 529 661 10

So the battle for the 4th. place in the play-offs now looks between the Buccs and Rye House with Plymouth in the mix too...

Indeed the battle for the wooden spoon looks interesting to, as does the position of top spot. :wink: Dudley have there last two away fixtures coming up next week, away to the IOW, and the next night away to the Buccs, so if we can take four points from those two meetings in total which will not be easy, it should make for a very interesting run in, with home meetings to come against Rye and Newport.

To sum up,its in our own hands and if we could manage a win at either IOW or Bournemouth, i will be happy, anything else is a bonus.

Edited by greyhoundp

Indeed the battle for the wooden spoon looks interesting to, as does the position of top spot. :wink: Dudley have there last two away fixtures coming up next week, away to the IOW, and the next night away to the Buccs, so if we can take four points from those two meetings in total which will not be easy, it should make for a very interesting run in, with home meetings to come against Rye and Newport.

To sum up,its in our own hands and if we could manage a win at either IOW or Bournemouth, i will be happy, anything else is a bonus.

The Buccs have to date a 100% home record over last year and this. But I do agree it'll be a very close encounter! Should be a cracker!! :approve:

i've been to the last two meetings on the IOW. they are a stronger team now than they were earlier in the season. even a point gained at smallbrook would be a good result.

The Buccs have to date a 100% home record over last year and this. But I do agree it'll be a very close encounter! Should be a cracker!! :approve:

Guess that depends how you work out that 100% They have dropped points at home.

Well I hope that Rye house do not make the play-offs for using an illegal rider ( Nelson ) against Scunny, yet have kept his points....disgusting!

Well I hope that Rye house do not make the play-offs for using an illegal rider ( Nelson ) against Scunny, yet have kept his points....disgusting!

By the look of the new league table Rye have had there points removed from the win at Scunny and scunny have been given them back

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/news.php?extend.8331

-------------------------------------------------------

Heartbreaking for Mildenhall. :( My very best wishes for next season and the long term future. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

The table is certainly tight in the right areas which should make for a lively end to the season. There's a 3-way battle at the top with the Heathens having the right balance of meetings in hand (on paper). Newport are looking very strong and have a point advantage but away meetings to catch up on compared to Heathens and Buxton. Buxton are just a couple of points off the top but have raced one more at home than the Heathens. They are certainly well placed to capitalise if either of the top two slip up though.

Bournemouth have points on the board for 4th but there could yet be a challenge from Rye as they have 3 meetings in hand to make up the 6 point gap. Plymouth have raced more than both but are well placed, rather like Buxton, to make the most of any slip ups by the clubs around them.

Finally, I can see a 4-way battle at the bottom continuing a little longer. IOW hold a slight points advantage but have raced one more than the 3 below them so could easily get 'sucked' back towards the bottom end, particularly if/when those 3 strengthen.

The statement from the BSPA today confirms Mildenhall have withdrawn from the NL (and NT) and their results expunged.. :cry:

They HAVE updated the league table and it looks now like this:

1 Newport 13 7 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 2 644 527 30

2 Dudley 12 5 0 0 0 2 1 0 3 1 600 503 29

3 Buxton 13 5 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 4 633 550 28

4 Bournemouth 13 5 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 4 611 575 25

5 Rye House 10 3 1 0 1 2 1 0 0 2 483 429 22

6 Plymouth 14 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 6 667 628 20

7 Isle of Wight 14 5 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 7 593 681 15

8 King's Lynn 13 3 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 7 556 645 11

9 Weymouth 13 3 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 5 539 656 10

10 Scunthorpe 13 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 7 529 661 10

So the battle for the 4th. place in the play-offs now looks between the Buccs and Rye House with Plymouth in the mix too...

I blame you Derek, everywhere yer go the club closes down, please dont come to the IOW!!!

Seriously I hope the Fen tigers are back soon.

I blame you Derek, everywhere yer go the club closes down..

Ken: I have indeed noticed the same thing myself..!!! :oops::cry:

I could always buy myself a Charlton season ticket now I've spare time on my hands... :wink:

Ken: I have indeed noticed the same thing myself..!!! :oops::cry:

I could always buy myself a Charlton season ticket now I've spare time on my hands... :wink:

No need to do that Parsnips old fruit, Ken seems to be doing a good enough job on 'em on his own! :wink::lol:

No need to do that Parsnips old fruit, Ken seems to be doing a good enough job on 'em on his own! :wink::lol:

Yep you know that song "You'll never walk alone" well its a lie!!! :lol: