British Speedway Forum

Not a bad GP but Gollob thinks he can do no wrong as he has got away with that type of dangerous riding for far to long now. Turning right on AJ was another occasion when a rider could have got very seriously hurt. He is really getting arrogant about what he can get away with, but if he does become world champion with those sort of tactics, it will not be in the true spirit of the sport.

Rune Holta marked his card in the final, from being leaned on hard in an ealier heat, so no messing and who can blame him? .

I really enjoy watching Gollob racing and hope he wins the GP title but that move on Emil S was reckless and out of order. :neutral:

it wasn't a racing incident, Gollob was basically on the white line down the straight :blink:

Emil was taking the corner and Gollob wiped him out, to me that is no racing incident.

We see lots of racing incidents. That was near carnage caused by one of the most reckless moves I have seen in a long time. Chink in his armour. Let's hope he has the courage, and I am not questioning his on track courage, to publicly apologise to Emil, and admit his extreme bad judgement!

We see lots of racing incidents. That was near carnage caused by one of the most reckless moves I have seen in a long time. Chink in his armour. Let's hope he has the courage, and I am not questioning his on track courage, to publicly apologise to Emil, and admit his extreme bad judgement!

We can hope all we want,but i think he's far too arrogant to do that,especially to a "kid" like Emil

I doubt that he or Harris need to. Harris got a WC for his season and what impressive performance did he provide last season to earn it?

I am pretty sure that at least 1 Brit will get himself a nomination. no matter if Harris manage to squeeze himself into top 8 (only 4p behind though)or not.

If SGP wants SKY to keep showing the meetings...

I wished for it, and it came true: RUNE HOLTA No.1!

Having just watched my Skyplussed copy of the GP have to say that the racing was superb. For some time now I've felt that Gollob has been the best rider never to be World Champ (actually TBH he's miles clear by any indicator in holding that distinction..) but having watched him race this year to me he's actually one of the greatest riders ever...period!

If he doesn't get the World title he so richly desrrves this year then there seriously ain't no justice...

We can hope all we want,but i think he's far too arrogant to do that,especially to a "kid" like Emil

How much more do you want?

He apologised to Emil personally immediately after the incident as they left the track and then again apologised for the accident when speaking to the press.

How much more do you want?

He apologised to Emil personally immediately after the incident as they left the track and then again apologised for the accident when speaking to the press.

Well that's ok then. This is professional sport not tiddly winks. Footballers help up players they've just flattened and bend their fingers and tweek their hair.

It's an old adage - let him know you're there. And Emil found out the guy behind was a potential nutter. I wanted Gollub to win the WC but I don't want him to win it like that when openings suddenly happen because riders think the guy behind could wipe them out on a whim

I was pretty peed off with the Virgin red button business as well. But at least SKY put it on while they followed the cricket. Speedway frequently overuns so the other lot complain then :lol: That's why I record at least one extra prog.

Can't understand why there was an hour of Rugby before the repeat later on though.:rolleyes:

I would love to comment on the Sayfutdinov crash but I can't as my video ran out right at that point. It was bad enough that the whole meeting was scrubbed from the sky schedule, but they also put the repeat on 1 hour later than advertised. Thanks a bunch sky! I hope you got got good viewing figures for the www whatever interviews that were on ss2.

Speedie you can watch the crash

I am a huge Tomasz Gollob fan but his move on Sayfutdinov was pure recklessness and it could have ended up so much worse.

One thing that does annoy me is Sayfutdinov has been guilty on quite a few occassions of rear wheel chasing as the commentators put it and has himself caused some very nasty crashes yet he appeared to not accept Gollob's apology for what happened. Is that a case of he can dish it out but not take it? Who knows but it does surprise me that Emil is out for the rest of a season with a sprained wrist though!

Edited by Midnight_Lady

I would love to comment on the Sayfutdinov crash but I can't as my video ran out right at that point. It was bad enough that the whole meeting was scrubbed from the sky schedule, but they also put the repeat on 1 hour later than advertised. Thanks a bunch sky! I hope you got got good viewing figures for the www whatever interviews that were on ss2.

You could always just watch the crash on youtube ;)