British Speedway Forum
nigelb

Gary Peterson Memorial Trophy

Looking forward to this again.

Great field last year.

Hoping to see Kenny sign his EL contract for wolves 2nite - well i can only hope. :wink:

Looking forward to this again.

Great field last year.

Hoping to see Kenny sign his EL contract for wolves 2nite - well i can only hope. :wink:

Premature registration :D

That'll be at the Olympique mate :approve::D

Edited by Wolfsbane

Good luck to the Monarchs riding tonight - Kalle, Kevin and Matty. I'm sure Kevin and Kalle will have some interesting moments and Matty will be his usual reliable self!

Edited by ylinenhare5-1

Odd choice in Tressarieu.

Tai should walk this... riding against Tomasz Gollob on saturday to Tom Perry on monday. :D Good luck to Tom in this, he's a rider for the future. Shame Ashley isn't in for the Frenchman.

Is he not a CVS asset from his time at Redcar. :)

Edited by Tsunami

Is he not a CVS asset from his time at Redcar. :)

Wolves number eight at one point about four years ago.

Some cracking racing tonight; could see Wolves' play-off hopes going belly-up when Proctor and Klindt were going at it wheel to wheel but mercifully they kept it fair!

Tremendous race between Fisher and Proctor, too, with only about half a wheel between them for much of it.

Woffinden was head and shoulders above the rest but there was some good stuff from the supposedly lesser lights such as Wolbert and Larsen.

This is one of my favourite meetings and the crowd looked a bit bigger than last year's staging.

Always enjoy this meeting, long may it continue.

Really a battle of the expected - tai, nic, larsen, fisher, wolbert, proctor and wethers against the rest.

Crowd was poor - but ill take fourentee`s word it was bigger than last year.

A good smarting of racing too. Nic and Ty going for it.

Wolbert was hard and fast - liked him last year, LOVED him this year.

Ingalls dis much better than i thought, not at all disgraced.

Wells sure can gate when he wants, but he seems to making very little progress this season. A strange enigma.

Was looking forward to seeing Poole and Katajisto - tho neither really looked comfy on the track.

Morris and Perry were outclassed as expected although Perry got stuck in in a couple of races and was in scoring positions.

Tai was a class above, Only Wethers put any pressure on him and that was only for a lap. Won by a fair distance each heat.

Suprised that Haines didnt use his Wolves experience to good. Its been a tough old year for Joe. I hope he can keep the progression on but he doesnt look EL level at the moment.

Great to finally meet the legend Ivan Mauger, what a decent bloke too.

Decent Meeting, Tai hardly broke out of sweat and won with ease but the race for second was interesting. I thought Klindt would get second but fair play to Kevin Wolbert for such a fantastic performance to get second from the run off with Klindt. Seen Wolbert a bit but that was by far his best performance, really impressive.

Expected more from Proctor on his home track but was involved in a spat with Sam Masters in Heat 19. It looked like Proctor cut him up on the straight then when the race finished they squared up on the back straight with Masters pushing Proctor off his bike. I really hope Graham Reeve fined that idiot Masters for doing that. :mad:

Edited by Brummie Kev

Ty was great I thought. Give me a rider who battles for every point like Ty does over gating tarts who score more heavily anyday. :wink::approve:

Tai was superb, easy meeting for him but from a confidence point of view - very important. He may be losing to GP riders, but is still far and ahead better than many of his rivals of his own age.

Kevin Wolbert was in his 2009 Edinburgh form, so quick and it really looked like he was having the time of his life!

Matthew showed up very well too, which is good for Wolves as we need a strong reserve pairing to defeat those Pirates and Panthers!

Edited by superguest

Expected more from Proctor on his home track but was involved in a spat with Sam Masters in Heat 19. It looked like Proctor cut him up on the straight then when the race finished they squared up on the back straight with Masters pushing Proctor off his bike. I really hope Graham Reeve fined that idiot Masters for doing that. :mad:

I was watching last night with someone who's seen a fair bit of Somerset this season and the moment Proctor made that near-miss pass he predicted that Masters would blow up after the race.

I was watching last night with someone who's seen a fair bit of Somerset this season and the moment Proctor made that near-miss pass he predicted that Masters would blow up after the race.

Masters also had an issue with Kenni a couple of weeks ago at Brough after Kenni had overtaken him. Is he really that hotheaded. :(

Masters also had an issue with Kenni a couple of weeks ago at Brough after Kenni had overtaken him. Is he really that hotheaded. :(

So it's Masters who is hot-headed now?

Strange it was all the Fish's fault when Masters came off at the end of the last race in the Fours.

So it's Masters who is hot-headed now?

Strange it was all the Fish's fault when Masters came off at the end of the last race in the Fours.

By you are stretching that connection a bit eh. But you're a Monarch. :D

Sam is just like a lot of other riders - just wants to win all the time. I'd be disappointed, in a way and as long as it wasn't going to far, if my team's riders didn't show that kind of will to win.