British Speedway Forum

Nice to see that a fellow supporter has done their homework - and come to the same conclusions as me. Throughout this thread I have given the same extracts from the UK Border Agency.

The final paragraph is also something I have been 'banging on about'.

In the 2011 season I would hope that supporters will be asking the same questions about any foreign rider in the NDL and soon as any foreign rider is chosen for a team. Not because we don't want them to ride over in the UK - but because we do not want a rider's career comprimised by promoters... and - through neglect - the BSPA. Promoters may not be concerned about a rider's future career but I'm sure that most supporters are. A short term gain for a team that affects a rider's ability to ride in the future is something that should concern us all...

So,in simple terms,with the visa Mark had,he shouldnt have been riding in the NL?am i right?

So,in simple terms,with the visa Mark had,he shouldnt have been riding in the NL?am i right?

This week's Speedway Star again describes it as a work permit - not a visa... and Jayne states that work permits are not allowed in the NDL...

And - reading the UKBA site - I would think that Mark Jones has therefore been riding illegally.

The BSPA and Newport promotion should tell us the truth. How are we to trust any decision the BSPA make if they stay silent?

Perhaps Mark could just scan his visa and post it on here so that the matter can put to rest one way or another. I still have my working holiday visa in my passport from when I went to Oz ten years ago unfortunately it only lasted a year otherwise I would still be there :-)

Jules

This week's Speedway Star again describes it as a work permit - not a visa... and Jayne states that work permits are not allowed in the NDL...

And - reading the UKBA site - I would think that Mark Jones has therefore been riding illegally.

The BSPA and Newport promotion should tell us the truth. How are we to trust any decision the BSPA make if they stay silent?

This is an unofficial forum with no legal or moral authority. No promotion within the BSPA has any obligation to respond to rumours posted here. If you want an answer then contact them directly.

This is an unofficial forum with no legal or moral authority. No promotion within the BSPA has any obligation to respond to rumours posted here. If you want an answer then contact them directly.

And whatever the answer might be, would any of us seriously expect a response? I, for one, am not holding my breath :neutral:

And whatever the answer might be, would any of us seriously expect a response? I, for one, am not holding my breath :neutral:

Well looking at the evidence etc it seems that maybe the BSPA would be shyte scared to do anything as it looks like they would have to remove all Marks points, as,if i have read it correct, shouldnt be in the NL,i guess it would cause them a bit of work and make them look like they dont know the rules,and they wouldnt want that............would they?

Well looking at the evidence etc it seems that maybe the BSPA would be shyte scared to do anything as it looks like they would have to remove all Marks points, as,if i have read it correct, shouldnt be in the NL,i guess it would cause them a bit of work and make them look like they dont know the rules,and they wouldnt want that............would they?

I think thats exactly why the BSPA haven't made a statement.....pleased they don't run a business for me!

Edited by June

But its much easier to post rumours than to check facts.

Have you even tried? You'll never never know if you don't give it a go.

What evidence?

Have you even tried? You'll never never know if you don't give it a go.

Yes I have(and I know Mr S Bear has on a number of issues too) and experience suggests that Ancient Mariner is right to be sceptical.

There seems to sufficient evidence that there is a case to answer (as spelt out by Mr S Bear). It may not be in Newport's interest to look too closely at this but it is certainly in the interest of the rest of the sport and certainly in the interests of other young Australian riders.

If the BSPA is shown not to police visa status effectively then a potential outcome is that the rules will be tightened by the UK Borders Agency and that future opportunities for us to see young Australians riding here will be reduced.

However, if it does emerge that Mark Jones should not have ridden this season, I really think it is a bit late to start altering results of meetings that took place five months ago. (There are precedents, for example riders who are subsequently discovered to be under age haven't had their points removed from matches they rode in.)

Yes I have(and I know Mr S Bear has on a number of issues too) and experience suggests that Ancient Mariner is right to be sceptical. There seems to be sufficient evidence that there is a case to answer. (Edited for grammar)

So you've contacted the BSPA on this issue, is that right? Your 'evidence' is easily available, I presume?

Has anybody contacted the BSPA on this, or is it easier to keep posting rumour and innuendo and grinding your axes?

I'm sure the Newport management, with their years of experience with Aussie riders, would be on top of this so why not ask them directly, rather than posting on here? When I spoke to Mark at Mildura in January he was all set up for this season beginning with Ashley's meeting then on to the Hornets, and given the dramas some of our boys have had with paperwork in the past both Mark and his Dad would have been right on top of this.

I'm sure the Newport management, with their years of experience with Aussie riders, would be on top of this

Mr Len Silvers got it wrong with Ty Nelson and he has many years of experience.

Mr Len Silvers got it wrong with Ty Nelson and he has many years of experience.

And that error was picked up straight away.

And that error was picked up straight away.

Really? "Straight away" would have been when the team was first declared days before the meeting, rather than the month it took to sort the whole thing out.

Really? "Straight away" would have been when the team was first declared days before the meeting, rather than the month it took to sort the whole thing out.

According to Scribbler Scunthorpe rode under protest, so I would class that as straight away.