British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Deadline For Nl Fixtures

12th September is the deadline.

This was the latest we heard on this..

I note though that at least one fixture, Dudley vs. Plymouth is scheduled for later than this date..

Has the deadline changed..? :unsure:

That fixture is listed as Wed 8th on the Dudley website.

http://dudleyspeedway.com/fixtures10.php

Only the KOC fixtures are listed as later than the 12th.

Correct - even though this one was rained off in June, the rearranged date has been squeezed in at the beginning of September.

However, Rye House v Plymouth is listed on the BSPA site for later in the month (25th September). And as the teams in 5th and 6th place at the moment, it could easily have a bearing on the final play-off place.

Edited by heathen79

That fixture is listed as Wed 8th on the Dudley website.

http://dudleyspeedway.com/fixtures10.php

Only the KOC fixtures are listed as later than the 12th.

Okay - apologise for that. I was looking at the results and fixtures 'chart' in today's Speedway Star which shows the Dudly vs. Plymouth NL match as Sept. 22nd.!! Obviously that's incorrect... :oops:

It has to be noted how good everyone's been at getting fixtures arranged this year with special note to Bournemouth and Dudley, who have successfully managed to get all their NL matches done before the deadline (well certainly should do now...) despite 'sharing' an Elite League track (alright, I know the Heathens use Birmingham too but the majority of fixtures have been at Monmore Green...)

A lesson which one hopes other EL clubs might follow - that it IS possible to host an NL team as well -; and such a startling contrast from the previous top league club to have a stab at having a third tier team too...: Oxford, who staged 2/3rds of their fixtures after the start of October!!! :rolleyes:

However, Rye House v Plymouth is listed on the BSPA site for later in the month (25th September). And as the teams in 5th and 6th place at the moment, it could easily have a bearing on the final play-off place.

Yes, but the loss to rain last Saturday of such a potentially vital fixture as this one has rather queered the pitch... Can it not be slotted in earlier than this..? A double header perhaps..? :unsure:

A lesson which one hopes other EL clubs might follow - that it IS possible to host an NL team as well -; and such a startling contrast from the previous top league club to have a stab at having a third tier team too...: Oxford, who staged 2/3rds of their fixtures after the start of October!!!

And how many of those meetings did Oxford fail to stage by the 31st of October, Parsloes, my old buddy. :wink::P None, I think you'll find. :approve: And you're being a bit of a drama queen - it was 2/3rds of fixtures from the start of Septmber not October. And the reason was an unprecented 16 rain-offs for the Oxford CL side that year (2004).

And I remember Bournemouth staging a NL match in the last week of October last season (the play-off final against Plymouth) - I know because I was there. :wink:

Did you know we'll rapidly approaching the fifth anniversary of a certain CL match... in which your beloved Dons met their match. ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

And I remember Bournemouth staging a NL match in the last week of October last season (the play-off final against Plymouth) - I know because I was there. :wink:

I know too, coz I was there with you...!!! Waiting in vain for that pint!!! :rolleyes:

I know too, coz I was there with you...!!! Waiting in vain for that pint!!! :rolleyes:

Well I had my money out ready to buy it... and you said "I just need to speak to so-and-so" and disappeared. :rolleyes: It was the closest you've come to that pint - come along to Scunny on Bank Holiday Monday and you can have it then. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Well I had my money out ready to buy it... and you said "I just need to speak to so-and-so" and disappeared. :rolleyes: It was the closest you've come to that pint - come along to Scunny on Bank Holiday Monday and you can have it then. :wink:

All the best

Rob

That cursed Mr. So-and-so has been coming to your rescue for years!! :rolleyes: As indeed does that other pesky fella, Mr. DIY - with whom I'll (clearly...) be spending time this coimg Bank Holiday weekend... :cry:

That cursed Mr. So-and-so has been coming to your rescue for years!! :rolleyes: As indeed does that other pesky fella, Mr. DIY - with whom I'll (clearly...) be spending time this coimg Bank Holiday weekend... :cry:

Parsloes... you can't still be tiling. If so, what are you tiling, the Taj Mahal? :shock::P

All the best

Rob

Back to the tiling..., I mean the thread!!! :blink:

IF as it seems is happening from another thread on here the o/s RH vs. Devils fixture isn't staged until Sept. 25 (weather permitting) this will mean - as I also said on that other thread..

So this means that again we can't expect the Play Off meetings until October..

Which in the Buccs'; case (should they make it..) will mean a possible SIX weeks gap between their last NL fixture (in AUGUST) and the play-off semi in OCTOBER...

So this means that again we can't expect the Play Off meetings until October..

Tell me if I'm wrong, anyone, BUT

I believe, - as in all 3 leagues - , that the playoffs will be decided by the league position as they stand on the Cut-off date. Is that not so?

So Sept 12th it will be, if the orig'l posting here is correct.

I believe, - as in all 3 leagues - , that the playoffs will be decided by the league position as they stand on the Cut-off date. Is that not so?

I suspect that no matter what is published, it won't happen. Welcome to the NL, Britmet :neutral:

Hmm, well the indications I've picked up on (could be wrong!!) are that the 12/9 deadline DOES still stand. :shock:

By my reckoning that makes the following the o/s NL fixtures which are going to 'fall over the edge' of the deadline and so fail to 'count' in the play-off reckoning... Makes that double header rain off for the Buccs look terribly damaging to their p/o hopes... :cry:

Also disappointing when one considers that no such hard line has ever been applied before in this division...

19/9 Bournemouth v King's Lynn

19/9 Bournemouth v Rye House

22/9 Dudley v Weymouth

25/9 Rye House v Plymouth

tba King's Lynn vs. Buxton

Anyone out there who can (hopefully.. :blink: ) correct me on this...!

My understanding is that you are correct in what you say....at this moment in time. Although I doubt anything is going to change during the coming week.

Rye House are probably now in pole position for 4th place as they do have 2 meetings this week and out of the play off contenders they are the only team with a home meeting

My understanding is that you are correct in what you say....at this moment in time. Although I doubt anything is going to change during the coming week.

Rye House are probably now in pole position for 4th place as they do have 2 meetings this week and out of the play off contenders they are the only team with a home meeting

That's true but home to Newport is nevertheless a tough fixture... Assuming the 12/9 deadkine stands the crucial fixtures are then all this week..

As I understand it current positions are:

4th. Plymouth 27 pts (pts diff: 55)

5th. Buccs 27 pts (pts diff: 33)

6th. RH 25 pts (pts diff: -3 :shock: )

Tomorrow night the Cobras are at the IoW. Can they win there..? I'd doubt it personally..

The following evening Plymouth have the hardest of all away trips: to Monmore Green to take on Dudley. The Buccs will be hoping that the 22 points points diff lead the Devils have over them (the ONLY thing separating them atm) will be wiped out by the rampant Heathens..; but I can't see that happening.

Which would take us into the weekend with Plymouth counting on Rye NOT getting three points in that home match vs. the Hornets and then the next day, the Buccs NOT beating KL (or indeed picking up the bonus point from a narrow defeat...) to overhaul them..

So, it's VERY close... But how annoying is it that two of the fixtures that'll end up 'not counting' are Bournemouth Vs. Rye House and Rye House vs. Plymouth... Two fixtures which would've been hugely exciting and totaly crucial in this race for 4th... :cry: