British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Deadline For Nl Fixtures

I make you right..and a sensible date for the cut off would have been the end of sept..With the whole of Oct for the play offs..

mmmmm let me see......newport who will probably finish 3rd will play... bournemouth who will finish 5th...by choice...while dudley who will probably finish top will play buxton who will probably finish second...and rye house who finish 4th..no playoff spot at all...good innit :blink::blink:

Have you never heard of rain offs ??? And fixture congestion when a track is running two teams ??

If you read my original post you will see that i did mention rainoffs, did you have many at rye house this year? Im not particularly a rye house supporter but if i was i would be a bit miffed with my promotion about it to be honest, and yes with having two teams it must be a bit of a mare trying to organise all the fixtures but other clubs manage it. Its the same for every club they are the rules whether you, I or any one else agree with them or not. I dont agree with the play offs as such especially when the team that finishes 4th can win, such as weymouth did who i do support, by strengthening up just before they start. However, I am looking forward to watching the play offs if i can so maybe its good for clubs at a time of year when crowds begin to drop off. Edited by jules m

As many suspected it's turned into a bit of a farce with all four play-off positions likely to be different in the final table. It was Newport, Dudley, Buxton, Bournemouth but now it's likely to be Dudley, Buxton, Newport, Rye House. :rolleyes:

Has the KL/Buxton been arranged yet?

The rule is quite simple.

17.4.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 15th September except for Riders returning to the Team after injury.

Which was the point Jayne was making several times in this thread...

Ironic that, as Buxton seem now certain to be faing a Newport Hornets' side in the Play-off Grand Final which has drafted in TWO riders from other teams for the P/Os.

Now personally I think that the Aaron Baseby situation is okay (well, I suppose I would say that!! :wink: ): but looking at Aaron's position, he was the victim himself of a late team change at Bournemouth and is blameless for the position he found himself in, was effectively therefore 'unattached' and has ended up riding for Newport AGAINST the very side (the Buccs) he was ever-present for and skipper of all year...

But the Ashley Birks situation is different and surely MUST be outside the rules... Ashley's availability is ONLY due to his 2010 NL side, Scunthorpe having finished their fixtures. His inclusion in the Newport side CAN'T be regarded as a guest as there's no such facility avaialble within the rules so it must be seen more as a 'transfer' and that's not allowed. IF he can ride in the play offs then surely this is the green light for any of the P/O sides to change their sides, cherry-picking from any of the non-P/O qualifying sides..? Something the 'deadline' is clearly designed to prevent...!

If Ashley Birks' inclusion in the Newport side is within the rules then I don't think any of us understand the rules anymore...! :blink:

You might well have understood the rules correctly as written but are they being adhered to? Looks like new rules are being dreamt up all the time to suit the occasion.

Sadly the BSPA MC add the small print that basically allows them to do whatever they want regardless of the rules. It's a farce.