British Speedway Forum

Ah but I bet the weather was better in KL today than anything you experienced down under..??!! B):blink:

Tis warm enough in the officials / press box at the NA I grant you! :wink:

Tell me about it - I've been in there all afternoon: from 1pm to 5.30pm is a long old haul!!!

Ah but no doubt you've been sitting down all that time! :wink: And I bet you nabbed the 'comfy chair!' :rolleyes:

Ah but no doubt you've been sitting down all that time! :wink: And I bet you nabbed the 'comfy chair!' :rolleyes:

Actually never sat down once!!

Wasn't sure which chair the boy Golding uses (am guessing the most sturdy..! :wink: ) so wasn't gonna take the risk...!! :lol:

Parsloe, - Is your BSF mailbox of PMs full? Can't send a PM,

"P.unable to receive"

Please PM me with an address, or clear your box please..

Ah right, SORRY..! Didn't realise my bloody inbox was full... :oops::oops:

Anyhow sorted now so you should be able to PM me...!

D.

Actually never sat down once!!

Wasn't sure which chair the boy Golding uses (am guessing the most sturdy..! :wink: ) so wasn't gonna take the risk...!! :lol:

You never sat down ONCE Parsnips old fruit?? :blink: At YOUR age?? :shock: Who are you trying to kid? :wink: Anyway back to young Arthur and whatever form of motorcycle racing he eventually opts to plump for, he's gonna be a star!

Anyway back to young Arthur and whatever form of motorcycle racing he eventually opts to plump for, he's gonna be a star!

He is. Most seem to think he'll plump for Road Racing/Moto GP and seek to emulate Casey Stoner. I guess selfishly we'd hope that instead he chooses Speedway and Crumpie as the man to match... :neutral:

It's amazing how similar young Arthur's career is so far to that of Stoner, BTW.

Like Sissis, Stoner won numerous titles in a range of disciplines BEFORE reaching his teens: FIVE national titles in dirt track racing (what the Aussies call Flattrack or Short Track) and at Long Track at the age of 12; over 40 titles in those two disciplines and 70 State titles before he reached the age of 15!

I've no record of if Stoner ever tried out Speedway (you'd imagine with his background that he might well have..); but as we know young Arthur certainly has, with three national championships already at Under 16 level...!! :approve:

Of course over here we had a talented young Road Racer (who represented the UK in the FIM Youth Gold Cup) as well as being a moto-x and Super-moto champion who turned to Speedway (talking of Lewis Bridger of course...) so you never know with Arthur too...

BTW, asked the question before but is there any current bar to him riding for a NL club here..? Seems strange that no-one's snapped him up..? :unsure:

According to the details I can find about Arthur, his is as impressive a junior racing CV as really anyone who's come over here in this protracted Aussie shale invasion!!

Started riding Speedway on 125cc machines in 2004 having been 3rd. the year before in the national 50cc Dirttrack championships (the youth flattrack competition called the 'Husky Boys')

In 2006 he was 1st in the state (Victorian) Dirt Track Championships at 65cc and 85cc; and the next year managed third at these classes in the national champs plus winning the South Australian title!

See this link for what the Aussie version of 'Dirttrack' is like, Good stuff!

The only thing to compare dirt track with moto cross is the bikes.

They are moto cross bikes, usually lowered and tuned for speed.

Most of the Aussie speedway riders progress from this form of racing.

He's living in a mobie in the NA car park at the mo

I didn't think he was THAT small :o;)

motocross on a flat smooth surface unimpressed

Which is what Supermoto basically is.

Most of the Aussie speedway riders progress from this form of racing.

That's right - so when considers the growing significance of such riders, the Aussie dirttrack scene really is something which should demand our attention over here rather more than it does...

From Autoweek:

Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup riders selected

By JAKE LINGEMAN

There will be 25 riders in the field for the 2011 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup.

Fourteen riders and five alternates were chosen for the 2011 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup. The official selection event was held over three days at Monteblanco in southern Spain.

The Rookies Cup is a 10-race feeder series for 12- to 16-year-old motorcycle riders. All the riders use KTM RC125 bikes. The ultimate goal is a shot at MotoGP, the top-tier motorcycle championship in the world. Selected races in the Rookies Cup season are held in conjunction with MotoGP events.

Riders from 15 different countries were chosen for the series, including Joe Roberts, the only American in the group.

Fifty riders began the event. On the first two days in Spain, competitors practiced on a short-track setup to get a feel for the circuit and the machine. The best 47 returned for the day-three competition on the full-length track.

A few kids hit the pavement despite great weather for the event, but none were seriously injured. The 14 riders chosen will join the 11 competitors from this year's field, making for a total of 25 riders for 2011.

Invited riders: Willi Albert (GER); Lorenzo Baldassarri (ITA); Scott Deroue (NED); Max Enderlein (GER); Aaron Espana (ESP); Amirul Hafiq (MYS); Andrea Migno (ITA); Joakim Niemi (FIN); Javier Orellana (GBR); Ivo Paixao (POR); Joe Roberts (USA); Kyle Ryde (GBR); Lukas Trautmann (AUT); Stefano Valtulini (ITA).

Reserve riders: Kevin Argino (ITA); Max Fritzsch (GER); Jorge Martin (ESP); Renald Castillon (FRA); Matthew Davies (AUS). .

Provisional 2011 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Entry List:; 5 Philipp Oettl (GER); 7 Lorenzo Baldassari (ITA); 8 Amirul Hafiq (MYS); 16 Andrea Migno (ITA); 17 Antonio Chiari (BRA); 18 James Flitcroft (GBR); 22 Aaron Espana (ESP); 23 Niccolo Antonelli (ITA); 25 Willi Albert (GER); 26 Deni Cudic (AUT); 27 Joe Roberts (USA); ; 34 Xavier Pinsach (ESP); 32 Max Enderlein (GER); 41 Brad Binder (RSA); 43 Stefano Valtulini (ITA); 47 Tomas Vavrous (CZE); 61 Arthur Sissis (AUS)); ; 66 Florian Alt (GER); 67 Joakim Niemi (FIN); 69 Aaron Espana (ESP); 77 Kyle Ryde (GBR);; 75 Ivo Paixao (POR); 89 Alan Techer (FRA); 95 Scott Deroue (NED).

Best of luck to all involved, and a big 'WELL DONE' to Arthur, Kyle, Matthew, ,James, Javier & Joe!

Edited by BigFatDave