British Speedway Forum

Can anyone let me know if Arthur Sissis has ridden on a UK track before..? :unsure:

I ask, as the 15-year-old from Virginia, South Australia is appearing at King's Lynn on Sunday in the Short Track UK TT meeting..

According to the details I can find about Arthur, his is as impressive a junior racing CV as really anyone who's come over here in this protracted Aussie shale invasion!!

Started riding Speedway on 125cc machines in 2004 having been 3rd. the year before in the national 50cc Dirttrack championships (the youth flattrack competition called the 'Husky Boys')

In 2006 he was 1st in the state (Victorian) Dirt Track Championships at 65cc and 85cc; and the next year managed third at these classes in the national champs plus winning the South Australian title!

Showing his versatality he also won the South Australian Minimoto Championships in 2007.

2008 saw his Speedway breakthru' winning both the South Australian AND the National championship at Under 16 level (this at 125cc).

He rode for Oz in the FIM World Speedway Youth Gold Trophy at Vojens, Denmark that year too.

2008 saw him start his Road Racing career too winning the SA State Junior championships - graduating to the nationals Red Bull MotoGP Rookies where he finished 13th. last year and stands 14th. in the current standings.

He retained his Australian Under 16 (125cc) title in 2009 too..

Moving up to 350cc in 2010 he won the Under 16 crown in that category too..

So impressive stuff, and certainly (1) worth going along to the Norfolk Arena on Sunday to see him ride and (2) possibly an NL team sounding him out: though not sure if at only just 15 he might be too young as an Aussie to ride in the NL..?

Okay!! :oops:

In that case, check out who he beat when aged just 12 to win the national Under 16s crown:

Heat points: Arthur Sissis (SA) 15, Justin Sedgmen (Vic) 14, Clinton Dennis (Qld) 13, Darcy Ward (Qld) 11 :shock: , Todd Kurtz (NSW) 9, Alex Davies (NSW) 9, Nick Morris (Qld) 7, Mason Campton (NSW) 7, Robert Branford (SA) 7

Check with philmac, parsloes; he'd know more than anyone else.

• Like 1

Seen Arthur a couple of times. He apparently is more interested in road/track racing and treats speedway just for fun between his other meets. Comes across here with his Dad I think, and gets second halfs around the country. I have seen him at Newcastle and Edinburgh and he really is a talent despite that fact he would probably have to look upward to speak to Lasse Bjerre, he really is tiny and slight built.

A great talent but destined elsewhere as I believe he is a sponsored team rider. :mad:

Edited by Tsunami

Seen Arthur a couple of times. He apparently is more interested in road/track racing and treats speedway just for fun between his other meets. Comes across here with his Dad I think, and gets second halfs around the country. I have seen him at Newcastle and Edinburgh and he really is a talent despite that fact he would probably have to look upward to speak to Lasse Bjerre, he really is tiny and slight built.

A great talent but destined elsewhere as I believe he is a sponsored team rider. :mad:

His hero is a certain professor, and he's been following the dream like Casey Stoner. Have to give it a go or you'll never, never know. As for his size, or tha lack of, I swear I saw him pass Justin Sedgman at Gillman one year on 125's under Justin's leg.

A Prodigious Talent.

P.S. Don't forget he came back to defend his under-16 title at Tamworth last season but was beaten in the final by Brady Kurtz.

During the past couple of years Arthur has taken part in the Red Bull Rookies series, which supports the Moto GP circus at most of the European rounds, with a view to unearthing the GP stars of the future.

Arthur Sissis

Probably one of the most talented riders i have ever seen.Was lucky to see him and meet Phil Mac and Arthurs dad in Denmark for those few days back in 2008.Great kid and his dad is a super bloke.Wish them all the best for the future,whatever sport he decides to concentrate on

Seen him blasting around Ashfield a few times in the last couple of years and he is something else, he came out on Shane Parkers bike and was fying around like a seasoned pro :approve: He has been discussed on here and other forums quite often in the last year or two and the general consensus is that he is heading for a career in MotoGP. I think he is just one of these freaks of nature that crop up every so often, a pure natural talent who will be a superstar at whichever two wheeled sport he chooses, unfortunately for us, the odds are heavily against it being speedway.

Personally I think the lure of road racing $$$ will win him over. Shame as I'd love to see him on the shale full time.

Arthur was immense today in the Short Track TT at the NA. :approve: He's clearly one of the most naturally talented and all-rounfd gifted young motorcyclists in the world ATM.

A pleasure to see him ride and best wishes to him in whatever he chooses to excel (for excel is what he's certain to do...) in.. :approve:

Arthur was immense today in the Short Track TT at the NA. :approve: He's clearly one of the most naturally talented and all-rounfd gifted young motorcyclists in the world ATM.

A pleasure to see him ride and best wishes to him in whatever he chooses to excel (for excel is what he's certain to do...) in.. :approve:

Was a pleasure watching him ride speedway in Oz last winter too Parsnips old fruit! :wink: