British Speedway Forum

Only in our wonderful sport of Speedway that the holder of the title cannot defend his crown. :mad::mad:

As has been said, if he had been good enough to qualify he would have qualified. He isn't the best rider in his team, and he isn't the best second heat leader in the league. Simple as that.

Plus, Auty will be far far far more entertaining!

As has been said, if he had been good enough to qualify he would have qualified. He isn't the best rider in his team, and he isn't the best second heat leader in the league. Simple as that.

Plus, Auty will be far far far more entertaining!

A very fair assumption, if I may say so ;)

Just heard from a certain ********* Bookmaker that Gary Havelock has won the PLRC 2010. Get your money on him. :wink::wink:

After seeing nearly all the riders around Sheffield this season this how I see the rider going.

2010 Qualified Riders

1 Joe Screen

New to the Premier League, and what a class act the guy is. Would have quite possibly gone through the card when he came to Sheffield, but for an egine failure, and frankly none of the Sheffield boys got near him, for me has to be one of the favourites for the title.

2 Ryan Fisher

Only his Mum and Edinburgh fans love The Fish, if you believe everything you read on here, but no doubting that the guy can ride a speedway bike, and I have him a possible favourite for the title.

3 Linus Sundstrom

Not seen him at Sheffield this season as he was injured when Rye came to Sheffield, so have to base it on what I saw last season and his form this season. Unusually for a Rye rider he does ride Sheffield well, and has come on a bundle this season, but I don't see him as a favourite more of a spoiler.

4 Kenni Larsen

Been in fine form this season, but of the three Newcastle heatleaders I think that he is probably the weakest. Alot will depend upon how he gates, so I only see him as a spoiler I am afraid.

5 Jason Lyons

Lyonsie is a class rider, who has been in absolutely brilliant form this season, but I don't think that Sheffield is one of his favourite tracks,but I think with the form that he is in I think he could well be one of the favourites

6 David Howe

If this was staged at the start of the season I would have him down as a favourite for the meeting, but his form has tailed off as the season has gone along, and think that he will be way down the order.

7 Adrian Rymel

Adrian, can ride Sheffield very well, but I don't think that he can do it consistently so I would say that he will more of a spoiler.

8 Gary Havelock

Had a better season, in what has turned out to be a poor Redcar team, basing purely what I have seen him at Sheffield this Havvy looked very poor, and do not see than finshing anything but lower down the order.

9 Josh Auty

Magic man, The Entertainer Josh has been pure entertainment around Sheffield this season, but his form has been a bit patchy since he hurt his back at Berwick, and in a meeting like the PLRC gating will be important and gating is his weakness. I think that he will win races, but the weakness in his gating will cost him, and see him as a spoiler rather than a favourite.(But I hope I am wrong)

10 Cory Gathercole

For me there are better riders in Somerset team around Sheffield, looked well off the pace last night and I could sum up his chances in two words "No Chance".

11 Leigh Lanham

Had a decent season, but like Gathercole I think that there are far better riders around Sheffield in the Newport side,Kyle Legault or Kim Nilsson would do alot better. I can only see him finishing down the field.

12 Tomas Topinka

Another rider who is not had a very good season due to injuries, and I don't think that Sheffield is one of his favourites, I think that he will finish down the field.

13 Rusty Harrison

Rusty has done well to qualify for this meeting, in the past he has had good meetings and some poor meetings at Sheffield. But with this field been so strong I can only see him finishing welldown the field.

14 Taylor Poole

Again another rider who has done really well to get this far, he is a rider with true potential, but I am afraid that this will be too stronger field for him to make a mark.

Wild Cards

15 Travis McGowan

Travis has done well at Glasgow, but I think that he is beatable a round Sheffield, and I have him down as a spoiler.

16 Rene Bach

Gets the last wild card pick, and for me could be the surprise package of the meeting, rides Sheffield very well and I think that he could well be one of the favourites.

Who will be the winner

My heart wants to say Josh Auty

But my head says the winner will come from the following 4 riders.

Joe Screen

Ryan Fisher

Jason Lyons

Rene Bach

After seeing nearly all the riders around Sheffield this season this how I see the rider going.

2010 Qualified Riders

1 Joe Screen

New to the Premier League, and what a class act the guy is. Would have quite possibly gone through the card when he came to Sheffield, but for an egine failure, and frankly none of the Sheffield boys got near him, for me has to be one of the favourites for the title.

2 Ryan Fisher

Only his Mum and Edinburgh fans love The Fish, if you believe everything you read on here, but no doubting that the guy can ride a speedway bike, and I have him a possible favourite for the title.

3 Linus Sundstrom

Not seen him at Sheffield this season as he was injured when Rye came to Sheffield, so have to base it on what I saw last season and his form this season. Unusually for a Rye rider he does ride Sheffield well, and has come on a bundle this season, but I don't see him as a favourite more of a spoiler.

4 Kenni Larsen

Been in fine form this season, but of the three Newcastle heatleaders I think that he is probably the weakest. Alot will depend upon how he gates, so I only see him as a spoiler I am afraid.

5 Jason Lyons

Lyonsie is a class rider, who has been in absolutely brilliant form this season, but I don't think that Sheffield is one of his favourite tracks,but I think with the form that he is in I think he could well be one of the favourites

6 David Howe

If this was staged at the start of the season I would have him down as a favourite for the meeting, but his form has tailed off as the season has gone along, and think that he will be way down the order.

7 Adrian Rymel

Adrian, can ride Sheffield very well, but I don't think that he can do it consistently so I would say that he will more of a spoiler.

8 Gary Havelock

Had a better season, in what has turned out to be a poor Redcar team, basing purely what I have seen him at Sheffield this Havvy looked very poor, and do not see than finshing anything but lower down the order.

9 Josh Auty

Magic man, The Entertainer Josh has been pure entertainment around Sheffield this season, but his form has been a bit patchy since he hurt his back at Berwick, and in a meeting like the PLRC gating will be important and gating is his weakness. I think that he will win races, but the weakness in his gating will cost him, and see him as a spoiler rather than a favourite.(But I hope I am wrong)

10 Cory Gathercole

For me there are better riders in Somerset team around Sheffield, looked well off the pace last night and I could sum up his chances in two words "No Chance".

11 Leigh Lanham

Had a decent season, but like Gathercole I think that there are far better riders around Sheffield in the Newport side,Kyle Legault or Kim Nilsson would do alot better. I can only see him finishing down the field.

12 Tomas Topinka

Another rider who is not had a very good season due to injuries, and I don't think that Sheffield is one of his favourites, I think that he will finish down the field.

13 Rusty Harrison

Rusty has done well to qualify for this meeting, in the past he has had good meetings and some poor meetings at Sheffield. But with this field been so strong I can only see him finishing welldown the field.

14 Taylor Poole

Again another rider who has done really well to get this far, he is a rider with true potential, but I am afraid that this will be too stronger field for him to make a mark.

Wild Cards

15 Travis McGowan

Travis has done well at Glasgow, but I think that he is beatable a round Sheffield, and I have him down as a spoiler.

16 Rene Bach

Gets the last wild card pick, and for me could be the surprise package of the meeting, rides Sheffield very well and I think that he could well be one of the favourites.

Who will be the winner

My heart wants to say Josh Auty

But my head says the winner will come from the following 4 riders.

Joe Screen

Ryan Fisher

Jason Lyons

Rene Bach

Good assessment SK.

My top 4 would be

Joe Screen

Ryan Fisher

David Howe

Kenni Larsen

If his bike can do enough laps... Screen to win.

If he gates all night... Larsen to win.

If the tracks grippy as fork... Auty or Bach to win.

Its a shame Oli Allen hasn't got a true PL average as he round Sheffield would have been good to watch, certainly better than Topinka will do this year imo

Well for certain Adrian won't be there :(.

So for Berwick it will be either Makovsky or Complin I would imagine.

Horrible circumstances for either Makovsky or Complin to come into the meeting, and I sincerely hope that Rymel makes a full recovery in the not too distant future.

If they go with Complin, which surely they will if given any choice, he would have to be up there as one of the favourites. Makovsky would be in the `also ran` category

I would confidently tip the following result for the final...

1st Joe Screen

2nd Travis McGowan

3rd Kenni Larsen

4th Ryan Fisher (Fell Ex.)

B)

Edited by BongoBrian

1st Joe Screen

2nd Travis McGowan

3rd Kenni Larsen

B)

He won't score more than 6 points, so will be nowhere near the final

1st Joe Screen

2nd Travis McGowan

3rd Kenni Larsen

B)

Theres a surprise, Bongo! I'd read the first line of your post and I knew straight away you'd go for a Glasgow 1-2!!! :oops:

If Screen is fit, then he'll be top 4. Fish will definitely be up there as well. I'll go for a slight outsider, Rene Bach to win it. Simply because if he doesn't make the gate, then he has the talent to pass as well - if the track is grippy.

He won't score more than 6 points, so will be nowhere near the final

Agree that he won't be in the mix come final time, not good enough around Owlerton

Does anyone know of any decent places to park around the stadium within a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium that are safe to park. Last year we parked in the carpark and we couldnt get out for ages , so much so we wont be parking there this year. In previous years we parked on Livesey Street but you get the same problem of traffic congestion after the meeting at the junction with Livesey Street and the A61.