British Speedway Forum
boston five

Pat Flanagan

hi i have just found out this thread has been started by my grand kids WIE-JA has it right looks like i have to find a tenner i have been trying to find out about bob innocent for years but no luck ,BOB do you have any info on pete selly, WIE-JA WELL DONE I JUST THINK I MUST NO YOU !!!!!

from exeter prog5/6/1963 heat 1

junior handicap scurry

gordon bailey off 30 yds

pat flaagan off 30yds

bob innocent off 30yds

graham locke scratch

pete selley scratch

also there was at the time in 2nd half ernie pollard, george summers,brian whiffen ,eddie reeves any one no of them

Sorry -don't know what happened to Pete Selley-so was it Bob Innocent or Graham Locke??This thread sparked some memories for sure.

hi BOB as i put on previous thread this was started by my grand kids its me in pic graham locke can think of many more b hiffen ,m wilcox,p cully b hughs m freeman p bennett f parkins did you ride at the time regards graham

Hi boston five-was that the Bob Hughes who later rode for Newport?? and do u know what happened to him??-I have been in Canada since 1968-so my knowledge of speedway predates that- I recall the Prov League extremely well-I was most sorry to hear of Alan Cowland's suicide-he had an amazing aptitude for foreign languages.

bob yes that was the same bob hughes also i see on the ipswich thread there is a mention of sid whatley i think sid came from near southampton he was doing the southern tracks in the early 60s any one know where he is now also john hammond, sturt wallace ,

bob yes that was the same bob hughes also i see on the ipswich thread there is a mention of sid whatley i think sid came from near southampton he was doing the southern tracks in the early 60s any one know where he is now also john hammond, sturt wallace ,

I remember him, he used to wear leathers which were in quarters, different colours. Most unusual design. :approve: