British Speedway Forum

Another individual at Owlerton this week, let the moaning begin :rolleyes:

Should be an absolute cracker going on the few confirmed riders.

Riders so far (not riding order):

Steve Worrall

Richie Worrall

Robert Branford

Jason Garrity

Ashley Birks

Thomas Armstrong

Adam McKinna

Richard Franklin

Adam Wrathall

Gary Irving

James Sarjeant

Tom Perry

Jamie Rodgers

Brenden Johnson

Kyle Howarth

Paul Starke

For anyone who has yet to witness the jaw dropping all action style of Jason Garrity, you do not want to miss this meeting.

The meeting starts at 7.45pm.

Edited by squall

There was a rider Weymouth(?) wanted to sign called Tom Armstrong, maybe its the same person.

Could be then. Everyone I've asked hasn't heard of him and Sheffield are known for giving out false names, eg. Ty Barber and Rody Namone :lol:

good line up coming together here,will be coming over to the owl hut for this one,looking forward to it

Both Worrals looked good at the Redcar individual a few weeks ago, along with Branford and Birks got better as the night wore on. Disappointed Garrity pulled out but by all accounts he is very exciting.

I think I may wander down for this one. Is it normal admission prices?

Full line up on post #1.

Has the makings of an absolute cracker :D

great line up,looking forward to this one,The NL has been quite fantastic at Scunny this year so see no reason why this cant be the the same

Good luck to the scunny lads

There was a rider Weymouth(?) wanted to sign called Tom Armstrong, maybe its the same person.

If it is, Sheffield fans are in for a laugh. He was hillerious when he did some laps at Coventry.

I think I may wander down for this one. Is it normal admission prices?

Its was last year, so I would imagine that it will be this year.

Just got back. It was the usual Top Gun event with the lads giving it their all and perhaps over riding somewhat at times. The night was marred by several hair raising crashes and best wishes to the four lads hurt - James Sarjeant, Jordan Tyrer, Jason Garrity and Greg Blair. If anyone's interested, here are my thoughts on the 16 riders tonight.

Steven Worrall - who says there are no young Brits coming through? Massive improvement and as steady a performance as you will see from anyone at this level. I really rate him and Scunthorpe have done well to sign him up.

Richie Worrall - like his brother, making great strides and will be up to the level Steven is now in a few months

Jason Garrity - took a big crash in his third race but looked steady enough until then. In the race he crashed he came down the home straight and into the first turn really tight. I was expecting him to hit the second bend fence but he held it beautifully on the white line all the way round and it was a shame he ran into Greg Blair a lap or so later. His throttle only seems to go one way but this lad can really ride.

Adam Wrathall - looked good when he made the gate and seemed as fast as anyone when out in front

Gary Irving - a worthy winner, good to watch and combined a steadiness with his usual brand of spectacular racing.

Jordan Tyrer - only lasted three laps, if that, so not in a position to comment

Ashley Birks - very impressed with Ashley for a first season rider. Not as smooth as Steven Worrall but not afraid to go looking for different lines. Another great prospect.

James Sarjeant - was riding well until he was knocked off, well on the pace.

Brendan Johnson - I'm not sure if Brendan's ridden at Owlerton before and he seemed a bit slow. Nice style though.

Kyle Howarth - I was a bit disappointed with Kyle but I suppose that shows how much he has come on this year. He was consistent but I thought he would be in the top three.

Robert Branford - great to watch and should have had more than nine but for a poor first ride and bike trouble in his fourth. I think he'll go a long way.

Adam McKinna - stylish and fast when he gates but lacks something when at the back in my opinion. Just come back from a big injury so that's understandable.

Jamie Pickard - the surprise packet of the night for me. Plugged away around the inside all night and got plenty of drive from there. Very impressive.

Greg Blair - looked fast and it was a great shame when he got wiped out in the last bend in his third ride. Set for a rostrum pace before then.

Paul Starke -struggled with his bikes all night, so it would be unfair to judge him on this performance.

Tom Armstrong - it may have been the same Tom Armstrong that SCB saw at Coventry but he was sensational tonight. Excluded (and rightly so) for knocking off young James Sarjeant, but raced hard all night and could have won it. He looks a bit like Michael Lee on the bike and looks a great prospect for some lucky club next season.