British Speedway Forum

Well done to all the scunny lads, a great one/two for the saints

Really pleased Gary Irving got himself a title before the season closes,really deserved it for his pure entertainment he has given this year at scunny

Fair play to Sheffield for putting on this meeting for these young lads to have a go too,shame there isnt more of these type of meetings

Just gutted i couldnt make it

Edited by montie

Well done to sheffield for putting the meeting on.

Pity it didnt get to run its full conclusion because of the time restraints.

Hope all the riders that fell are ok,and those that still have meetings to race are fit.

One ammendment to the score not that it mattered in the end was Robert did not get excluded when he pushed home.

Cheers Chopper

Well done to sheffield for putting the meeting on.

Pity it didnt get to run its full conclusion because of the time restraints.

Hope all the riders that fell are ok,and those that still have meetings to race are fit.

One ammendment to the score not that it mattered in the end was Robert did not get excluded when he pushed home.

Cheers Chopper

Did he blame the mechanic after?

Congratulations Gary on your win!.....You've been such an exciting rider at Scunny, pleased you've been rewarded......also well done to Stevie, Ashley, Adam and Richie who all put in good efforts. Scunny 1st and 2nd.....BRILL!.....roll on 2011 when we should have a good NL team, in it to win next year!

Tom Armstrong - it may have been the same Tom Armstrong that SCB saw at Coventry but he was sensational tonight. Excluded (and rightly so) for knocking off young James Sarjeant, but raced hard all night and could have won it. He looks a bit like Michael Lee on the bike and looks a great prospect for some lucky club next season.

Sounds like the same guy, quite tall? Fair play to him. He was very unimpressive at Coventry, he was unable to turn the bike. Maybe he was having bike problems.

I was impressed with a young rider going round the EWR after the Saints last meeting. Wasn't racing but looked good. When I asked Mr Trollop who he was, he came back with the answer that it was a Tom Armstrong, but I'm still none of the wiser! He was a tall lad with very clean bike and kevlars. My son thinks he's An Aussie?

Sounds like the same guy, quite tall? Fair play to him. He was very unimpressive at Coventry, he was unable to turn the bike. Maybe he was having bike problems.

absolutely awesome for an owlerton first timer!!!! rode brilliant lines,hard and fast. a must for next year if on a 3point average.

absolutely awesome for an owlerton first timer!!!! rode brilliant lines,hard and fast. a must for next year if on a 3point average.

on a 3 point av???thought he was an aussie!!!!!!

on a 3 point av???thought he was an aussie!!!!!!

and that's why i put in the word 'IF' !!!!! A/ cos i don't know if he's an aussie and B/don't know his parentage (for qualification purposes)

Tom Armstrong was easily the best rider on display, but cost himself with poor gating in 2 rides and a stupid move on Sarjeant.

That said, Irving was a deserved winner as he rode consistently, much to the annoyance of Squall and Spin King after I had icked him as my man to watch :D

A good meeting though, shame about the crowd, although when you are expected to pay £14 for National League riders, and then the next week pay £15 for the PLRC, it is understandable. (I don't mean that as a slight towards NL riders, I just think that an individual with no home interest for riders who are generally of a lower standard than is there the week previously, some form of offer on ticket prices could have drawn a few more fans in)

Agreed, Vog. It was a bit steep. I turned up expecting the price to be about £8 to £10. I know there was a money off voucher for the carvery and all that, but that just meant spending more money! At least the programme was up to its usual standard though !!