British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Weymouth For Sale

the truck belongs to ian ferguson owner of weyline who lives in london so this shud explain it

thanks for the info.

just changing topic. on sunday afternoon i saw a weyline truck with a wildcats logo painted on the front parked in garratt lane just around the corner from wimbledon stadium. does anyone have any idea what this vehicle was doing so far from home. :unsure:

Well the last Weymouth team sponsor went to Newport. Could this be a hint at a revival at Plough Lane?

Only joking - sorry, just couldn't resist it. :)

Well the last Weymouth team sponsor went to Newport. Could this be a hint at a revival at Plough Lane?

Only joking - sorry, just couldn't resist it. :)

something i can only dream of. :(

from the Official Website. at http://www.weymouthwildcats.co.uk/html/november_2010.html

WEYMOUTH WILDCATS was today forced to close in a dramatic turn of events which has seen the BSPA annul the club and the landlords repossess the stadium and change the locks.

Wildcats chairman Phil Bartlett said; “It’s a relief today to learn from the stadium owners Wessex Delivery that they have today taken the stadium back into their own hands which I agreed to due to non payment. I will be collecting my personal belongings at a later stage.”

“It’s a great shame as I had a buyer in place and received confirmation from my solicitor this weekend that there was an undertaking to take on all the existing liabilities and to clear all outstanding monies. The club was set to be taken forward, but this will now not be the case.”

“It’s a great shame that the BSPA have also stepped in and annulled Weymouth Speedway as well. The licence returns to the BSPA along with the clubs riding assets. This is for non-payment to the BSPA despite the fact that they have owed me money for two years whereas I owe them six months money.”

“I can now quite clearly concentrate on my family life and business and actually have a holiday in the summer like most normal working people. Also not having to arrange a meeting on a weekly basis for it to be unsustainable with insufficient people in attendance is a great relief. Despite the promotions that the club has done and winning the league in 2008 Weymouth Speedway has always made a loss.”

“I think it’s a fantastic sport and I wish any prospective person who looks to take the club over and negotiates with the stadium owner and the BSPA I wish them all the luck in the world, but speedway in Weymouth in unsustainable in the current climate and format that speedway runs.”

Training session dates booked through the off season have obviously now been cancelled.

http://www.weymouthwildcats.co.uk/html/november_2010.html

Following extract taken from the above "official" wildcats website.

WILDCATS FORCED TO CLOSE

By Weymouth Speedway ~ Monday 15th November 2010

WEYMOUTH WILDCATS was today forced to close in a dramatic turn of events which has seen the BSPA annul the club and the landlords repossess the stadium and change the locks.

Wildcats chairman Phil Bartlett said; “It’s a relief today to learn from the stadium owners Wessex Delivery that they have today taken the stadium back into their own hands which I agreed to due to non payment. I will be collecting my personal belongings at a later stage.”

“It’s a great shame as I had a buyer in place and received confirmation from my solicitor this weekend that there was an undertaking to take on all the existing liabilities and to clear all outstanding monies. The club was set to be taken forward, but this will now not be the case.”

“It’s a great shame that the BSPA have also stepped in and annulled Weymouth Speedway as well. The licence returns to the BSPA along with the clubs riding assets. This is for non-payment to the BSPA despite the fact that they have owed me money for two years whereas I owe them six months money.”

“I can now quite clearly concentrate on my family life and business and actually have a holiday in the summer like most normal working people. Also not having to arrange a meeting on a weekly basis for it to be unsustainable with insufficient people in attendance is a great relief. Despite the promotions that the club has done and winning the league in 2008 Weymouth Speedway has always made a loss.”

“I think it’s a fantastic sport and I wish any prospective person who looks to take the club over and negotiates with the stadium owner and the BSPA I wish them all the luck in the world, but speedway in Weymouth in unsustainable in the current climate and format that speedway runs.”

Training session dates booked through the off season have obviously now been cancelled.

What now for the club??? :(

What now for the club???

R.I.P. Wildcats

It took a long time coming but hopefully there will be a Phoenix like resurrection!

Old JAP Lover

Edited by Old JAP Lover

http://www.weymouthwildcats.co.uk/html/november_2010.html

Following extract taken from the above "official" wildcats website.

WILDCATS FORCED TO CLOSE

By Weymouth Speedway ~ Monday 15th November 2010

Strange choice of words... "It is with regret.." would be a more normal opening part of such a sentence one would've thought..

Strange choice of words... "It is with regret.." would be a more normal opening part of such a sentence one would've thought..

I agree P1928...

Also - is PB sure that he can collect his personal belongings? They are usually held as part of the debt I thought...

Quoted as dictated mate. I guess that the lease for the stadium was a huge weight to carry and it would be a relief to have that lifted I guess.

Hopefully someone can now come in and take things over without starting out in debt :blink:

I agree P1928...

Also - is PB sure that he can collect his personal belongings? They are usually held as part of the debt I thought...

Personal belongings are not assets of a business, only assets of the business can be withheld in lieu of payment.

Hopefully the last we see of that bufoon Bartlett in British Speedway

Lets hope now someone can take Weymouth forward. After all the hard work we all put into the original planning permission work on the site which was a dump and overgrown. Seeing it take shape to what it has fallen into is very sad for all who worked so hard at the start. many good people have been upset and hurt over the last few years as well as loosing out financially. i look back on the good days we had. The fun we had at our training schools people still come up and say about them which is nice. A lot of positives came from what we achieved and many people should be proud. It IS a good club with a lot of good people willing to work hard for the club.... Lets see it move forward now :-)

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Lets Hope now Weymouth Wildcats Speedway Team can move on now and all us wildcats fans can start enjoy our speedway again

Lets also hope someone comes in to take over the club and starts building the crowds back up.

With Bournemouth not running this year there is a good hardcore of fans that enjoy NL racing in Dorset so it is not all doom and gloom for Weymouth Speedway

With the right promotion Weymouth Speedway should break even at NL level and then we can have a club that we will all be proud of again

Edited by wessexboy

What rider assets do Weymouth have?

They have reverted back to the BSPA now so I was told yesterday, Terry Day, Luke Wiltshire and Richard Andrews.

Lets hope now someone can take Weymouth forward. After all the hard work we all put into the original planning permission work on the site which was a dump and overgrown. Seeing it take shape to what it has fallen into is very sad for all who worked so hard at the start. many good people have been upset and hurt over the last few years as well as loosing out financially. i look back on the good days we had. The fun we had at our training schools people still come up and say about them which is nice. A lot of positives came from what we achieved and many people should be proud. It IS a good club with a lot of good people willing to work hard for the club.... Lets see it move forward now :-)

Those training sessions in 03 and 04 were good fun and produced a few good riders who are at different levels of league racing now, so it just shows what can be done.

Just have to hope someone comes in with the right financial backing to make Weymouth Speedway work once again, it will be a hard job but I'm sure there is someone out there with the right ideas who could see them through :wink: