British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Only British Riders From 2011 + Weymouth News.

Nikko

I am not having ago because I do understand about the costs for the club. On your 3rd point the engine costs is the same for all, so we still pay for engine tunning and service out of r own pockets, so it is no expenes to the club. So if we did sign for a club and got paid it would help us. Plus as I said early there is alot of youngster that would only want travelling money.

Appreciate your not having a go, and that engine costs etc are the same.

What I was trying to say was that to help young British talent is it going to take alot of effort from a number of people including the BSPA and wouldnt it be good if young NL riders were given help with costs such as tuning etc.

I wish you all the success as you pursue your dreams, and hope you get as many rides as possible in the future.

Regards

Nikko

Appreciate your not having a go, and that engine costs etc are the same.

What I was trying to say was that to help young British talent is it going to take alot of effort from a number of people including the BSPA and wouldnt it be good if young NL riders were given help with costs such as tuning etc.

I wish you all the success as you pursue your dreams, and hope you get as many rides as possible in the future.

Regards

Nikko

The problem is the BSPA dont give a s**t about the young riders, as long as they are making money. If more people did put in the effort they would get the rewards and help from the youngsters. :rolleyes:

Can`t say how appalled i was when i read about this dumb proposed rule.At the risk of sounding self righteous,i think its imoral.The Aussies and Kiwis have been a vital and integral part of this sport ever since it began in this country and have helped to make it what it is today.Having a couple of "Commonwealth" riders in a team is`nt going to hamper young Brits chances of getting a start.What does hamper them is a total lack of interest from the powers that be that run the sport in this country.Racing a speedway bike is cripplingly expensive,even for established pro riders.If some money were put back into the sport,helping young riders,with proper training schools,finding sponsors,that would be infinitly more sucessful than some stupid,knee jerk rule that really is going to make the sport worse off.

.If some money were put back into the sport,helping young riders,with proper training schools,finding sponsors,that would be infinitly more sucessful than some stupid,knee jerk rule that really is going to make the sport worse off.

And where is this 'crock of gold'?

And where is this 'crock of gold'?

dont think anyones looking for "crock of gold" just a fair crack of the whip would suffice in most cases, maybe a little more respect for the improvers, instead of trying to sign next weeks world champion

If you go back to the 80's. There were two leagues British and New national league with regional juinor leagues. they were mainly I think three man teams. the main differnce, was back then you did not have riders who did not make the grade in the national league drop back down to the junior leagues. Theres to many riders who have been in the premier league and who have been around for years dropping down and riding in the national league.

Fair enough if this is what the national league promoters want. It use to be, second half onto juinor league and then 1st team if you made the grade. I don't think there were many riders who once making there league debut would drop back down to being a junior. As for Aussies there were plenty back then and they had to go through the same system. As the saying goes if your good enough, you will make it. Regarding the premier its a different kettle of fish, Yes there are to many foreign riders who are not good enough, but the promoters are the only ones to blame, as it is them that offer them the contracts.