British Speedway Forum
Loose Trapper 1

Bournemouth V Newport - Play Off Semi 1st Leg

'Tis indeed on for this Wednesday: at very short notice...

Just a word (in apology...), because this has - for a reason I don't know, in truth - been arranged at such short notice, no full programme has been possible to be printed for the meeting... :cry:

As someone who's been heavily involved in the Buccs prog this year and last I regret very much that an issue won't be published for what may (but certainly hopefully WON'T...) be the last home Buccs meeting...

All I can say is we did aim for and usually reached a very high standard for progs in this division, winning the Speedway Star NL prog of the year last year and it's been an honour to be involved...

So sorry to fans - espcially visting Hornets' supporters - on Wednesday for the lack of a full prog. There shall of course be a race card produced for the meeting.

And good luck to Garry and the lads... Still time to finish 2010 with another 'double': this time of NL Championship and NL Fours!! :approve:

i dont believe for a second there is not enough british youngsters to fill NL or academy teams. myself being a 19 year old hoping for a shot i rode in 2 academy league teams last year and it was not through lack of interest by riders but by clubs. also if anyone took the time to visit events by scunthorpe, str etc they would see there is a good standard of british youngsters but many frustrated not getting opportunities due to commonwealth riders filling too many places. the NL was suppose to be a development league but brithish riders are struggling to delelope and get league experience due to commonwealth riders. myself and many others i know will 100% back the british rider only league.

Heavens, not much interest in THIS play-off....!! :cry:

I think the Poole Coventry match has taken the attention off everything else,But here's hoping for a Hornets Win, C'Mon Tony and the Boys

I think the Poole Coventry match has taken the attention off everything else,But here's hoping for a Hornets Win, C'Mon Tony and the Boys

Hmm, I think us Wimborne Rd. folk need some cheering up...: and what better than Garry and the boys 'doing a Coventry' and turning the tables on the 'league leaders' (sic)!!! :approve:

I shall be going, as a neutral, just because it's close to home (Weymouth) and close to the end of the season. Good close meeting please!

Hmm, I think us Wimborne Rd. folk need some cheering up...: and what better than Garry and the boys 'doing a Coventry' and turning the tables on the 'league leaders' (sic)!!! :approve:

Even Better the Hornets emulating the Bees and a 10 point win with our own Captain Couragious Tony Atkin leading the way

Even Better the Hornets emulating the Bees and a 10 point win with our own Captain Couragious Tony Atkin leading the way

Looking forward to this one on paper should be a close meeting tho i have said that a few times this year and have been wrong on pretty much every occasion! Not sure who is going to win and not too sure of the teams but am going for a hornets victory by a narrow margin.

C'mon Hornets!

Id dearly love them to stuff Bmth tonight.I cant see it,but hey,give it a go lads.

Yes,even you Aaron!

The way Buxton are seemingly winning for fun at the moment,its going to be very daunting in the Final anyway,for whoever gets to the Final.

Have just seen the Hornets lineup on the Bournemouth website and I can't believe that the management are not using r/r for Kyle Newman.

How can Newport have Ashley Birks as a guest its only allowed for the number 1 and Birks is still in the Scunny 1-7

Buccs site reports this meeting will take place on Wednesday 6 October. Weather permitting! Any line ups known?

does anyone know if there are any updates for this tonight thyankyou in advance :D

does anyone know if there are any updates for this tonight thyankyou in advance :D

Updates are on http://bournemouthspeedway.com/2010/index.php scroll down the page and the updates are on the left hand side

Meeting abandoned after heat 14

Bournemouth 38 - 49 Newport

BOURNEMOUTH

1. Herne... 3,2,X = 5 - Withdrawn from meeting, gone to Hospital as a precaution

2. R/R

3. Howarth... 0,1*,2,3,2 = 8+1

4. M Baseby... 3,2,2*,6^ = 13+1

5. Brundle... 3,3,2,1^ = 9

6. Stoneman... 1,1,R,0,1,0,0 = 3

7. Laurence... 0,0,0,0,0 = 0

Newport

1. Kurtz.. 2,3,3,2* = 10+1

2. White Williams... 0,0,3,1 = 4

3. Birks (G)... 2,2,3,3 = 10

4. Priest... 1*,1*,2*,2 = 6+3

5. Atkin... 1*,3,1,3 = 8+1

6. A Baseby... 3,1,0,1 = 5

7. Young... 2*,2,1,1* = 6+2

HT 1 : Herne, Kurtz, Stoneman (R/R), W-W (4-2)

HT 2 : A Baseby, Young, Stoneman, Laurence (5-7)

HT 3 : M Baseby, Birks, Priest, Howarth (8-10)

HT 4 : Brundle, Young, Atkin, Stoneman (R/C) (11-13)

HT 5 : Kurtz, M Baseby, Howarth, W-W (14-16)

HT 6 : Atkin, Herne, A Baseby, Laurence (R/R) (16-20)

HT 7 : Brundle, Birks, Priest, Laurence (19-23)

HT 8 : W-W, Howarth (R/R), Young, Stoneman (R/C) (21-27)

HT 9 : Howarth, M Baseby, Atkin, A Baseby (26-28)

HT 10 : Birks, Priest, Stoneman (R/R), Herne (X) (27-33)

HT 11 : Kurtz, Brundle, W-W, Laurence (R/C) (29-37)

HT 12 : Birks, Howarth, A Baseby, Stoneman (R/C) (31-41)

HT 13 : Atkin, Kurtz, BRUNDLE, Laurence (R/C) (32-46)

HT 14 : M BASEBY, Priest, Young, Stoneman (38-49)

Edited by LFC1892