British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2011 Season

A few questions for either/both Anders and Ghostwalker.

I posted on the Elite League section ( more fool me!) totally innocently, 4 of the team line ups for Tuesday's meetings, just to show that Pawlicki and Chris Harris were down to ride. First replies were that any of these teams would wipe the floor with UK Elite teams and then morphed off into attendances in Poland and Sweden and then "I know that Leigh Adams didn't get paid by Lejonen" and "I've heard there is a salary cap for next season" and who knows what else to come?

I have no intention of responding outside this very civilised and friendly section so i hope you two can fill us in as best you can.

1. Are the clubs in Sweden community owned and supported, or by an individual owner?

2. Do the clubs own or rent the stadiums?

3. Do the clubs get the income from concession/ food/parking/programme sales?

4. Have there been any verifiable instances in the last year or two of riders not getting paid?

5. Is there discussion of a salary cap for next year?

6. What is the admission for an Ellitserien meeting in kroners/ pounds equivalent ?

7. Why does the attendance not seem to suffer too much when a meeting is televised?

8. Why do i love watching Swedish meetings on a Tuesday? :lol::lol:

Look forward to hearing what everyone has to say, particularly our two informed and nice guides.

Kindest regards. Alan.

No 8 answered-because you love pine forests !! and seeing people watching speedway from tables outside club-houses. :lol:

Alan i'll do my best to answer your question:

1. Teams own themselves and now days most teams usually have the actual elit team incorporated and those inc's stocks are by law or by a rule decided by RF forced to be owned to
    atleast 51% of the "parent clu"b. read this to understand more about how sports in Sweden are organized.
  2. A few team owns their arenas (like Dackarna) but most teams rent it. Stadiums are as far as i know community/city owned.
  3. yes they do. or well I guess that in some cases the programs are either free or the price is just for covering the cost of making them.
  4. hmm lets see... yes many cases and at least 2 or 3 team bankruptcies in the past 3-5 years, Lejonen are or was owing Leigh Adams about 50'000 GB.
  5. yes it has been suggested by Svemo.
  6. i think around 130-150 SEK which is about £12-15 GBP
  7. i don't know exactly why, but i think most teams have a certain amount of die-hard fans which wouldn't want to miss a meeting no matter what.
  8. oh easy because of the beautiful pine trees (and occasional birches) as well as the lovely sunsets and the picnic tables. BTW you forgot Thursdays,

*edit @ racers, quite amusing that we answered almost exactly on nr 8. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker

Alan i'll do my best to answer your question:

1. Teams own themselves and now days most teams usually have the actual elit team incorporated and those inc's stocks are by law or by a rule decided by RF forced to be owned to
    atleast 51% of the "parent clu"b. read this to understand more about how sports in Sweden are organized.
  2. A few team owns their arenas (like Dackarna) but most teams rent it. Stadiums are as far as i know community/city owned.
  3. yes they do. or well I guess that in some cases the programs are either free or the price is just for covering the cost of making them.
  4. hmm lets see... yes many cases and at least 2 or 3 team bankruptcies in the past 3-5 years, Lejonen are or was owing Leigh Adams about 50'000 GB.
  5. yes it has been suggested by Svemo.
  6. i think around 130-150 SEK which is about £12-15 GBP
  7. i don't know exactly why, but i think most teams have a certain amount of die-hard fans which wouldn't want to miss a meeting no matter what.
  8. oh easy because of the beautiful pine trees (and occasional birches) as well as the lovely sunsets and the picnic tables. BTW you forgot Thursdays,

*edit @ racers, quite amusing that we answered almost exactly on nr 8. ;)

Thank you so much for your (very prompt!) answers. :cheers:

The reason i asked about the ancillary revenues is because that can amount to a fair old amount, which, added to gate receipts can be the difference between a profit and a loss. Why there is such a disparity in the UK between teams that can "splash the cash" and those that cannot, is stadium and concession ownership, eg. Coventry, and Wolves, who rent from the GRA who get all the concession income. Charles Ochiltree was a master at this back in the 50,s even owning his own printing press-Stadium Printers.

The attendances at Sky meetings are often sad to behold, but in Sweden the supporters are there in very good numbers.

The admission seems to be comparable.

You have to help me on Thursdays guys by boosting that stream strength. I got it one week, when i was on the verge of giving up, when we had that nice discussion about the little church, but the last two weeks, i've had to go outside and kick a Pennsylvania pine tree in frustration and sit at my backyard picnic table waiting for the sunset :lol:

Finally, and all else pales into insignificance, i know we are all thinking about Leigh Adams and the terrible irony of it happening after he retired from this most dangerous of sports that we all love so much.

Regards. Alan.

updated the first post with rules for R/R.

Örebro speedway will arrange practice sessions for those are either veterans or those who own a bike but don't want to do league racing.

For those who wants to have a go but doesn't own a bike, Örebro will let riders rent bikes for each session.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Elit Vetlanda have signed the German rider Martin Smolinski as replacement for Matej Ferjan and Damian Balinski.

Can anybody provide heat details or full scores, rides and bonus points for the Challenge fixture (April 18) between Piraterna v Crossbone Pirates.

Many thanks in advance.

Can anybody provide heat details or full scores, rides and bonus points for the Challenge fixture (April 18) between Piraterna v Crossbone Pirates.

Many thanks in advance.

PIRATERNA - CROSSBONE PIRATES 44-52

at Biltema Arena, Motala

PIRATERNA 44

1. Emil Sayfutdinov R-3-2-2 = 7 (4)

2. Jesper B Monberg 2-2-2*-2-N = 8+1 (4)

3. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2-1-1*-1*-1 = 6+2 (5)

4. Anton Rosén 1*-0-2-1-0 = 4+1 (5)

5. Jonas Davidsson 2-2-3-1*-N = 8+1 (4)

6. Tomas Bäck N-1*-0-2*-F = 3+2 (4)

7. Olof Nilsson 3-1*-N-3 = 7+1 (3)

8. Jonas Olsson 0-0-1 = 1 (3)

CROSSBONE PIRATES 52

1. Greg Hancock 3-2*-3-3-2* = 13+2 (5)

2. Linus Sundström 1-3-1-0 = 5 (4)

3. Maciej Janowski T/T-1-2-3-3 = 9 (5)

4. Daniel Davidsson 3-3-0-0 = 6 (4)

5. Rafal Dobrucki 3-3-3-R-N = 9 (4)

6. Benny Johansson 1*-0-1-N-3 = 5+1 (4)

7. Tobias Bäck 2-0-N-0-0 = 2 (4)

8. Fredrik Engman 0-1-2* = 3+1 (3)

Changes:

2: Tomas Bäck > Jonas Olsson

3: Maciej Janowski > T/T > Tobias Bäck

4: Tobias Bäck > Fredrik Engman

10: Olof Nilsson > Jonas Olsson

11: Tobias Bäck > Fredrik Engman

16: Jesper B Monberg > Przemyslaw Pawlicki

16: Jonas Davidsson > Anton Rosén

16: Rafal Dobrucki > Maciej Janowski

1 [58.8]: Greg Hancock, Jesper B Monberg, Linus Sundström, Emil Sayfutdinov ( R ). 2-4, 2-4.

2 [61.6]: Olof Nilsson, Tobias Bäck, Benny Johansson, Jonas Olsson. 3-3, 5-7.

3 [58.5]: Daniel Davidsson, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Anton Rosén, Tobias Bäck. 3-3, 8-10.

4 [58.2]: Rafal Dobrucki, Jonas Davidsson, Tomas Bäck, Fredrik Engman. 3-3, 11-13.

5 [59.2]: Daniel Davidsson, Jesper B Monberg, Olof Nilsson, Benny Johansson. 3-3, 14-16.

6 [58.5]: Linus Sundström, Greg Hancock, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Anton Rosén. 1-5, 15-21.

7 [58.7]: Emil Sayfutdinov, Jesper B Monberg, Maciej Janowski, Daniel Davidsson. 5-1, 20-22.

8 [59.4]: Rafal Dobrucki, Anton Rosén, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Tobias Bäck. 3-3, 23-25.

9 [58.9]: Greg Hancock, Jonas Davidsson, Linus Sundström, Tomas Bäck. 2-4, 25-29.

10 [59.3]: Rafal Dobrucki, Emil Sayfutdinov, Benny Johansson, Jonas Olsson. 2-4, 27-33.

11 [62.0]: Olof Nilsson, Tomas Bäck, Fredrik Engman, Tobias Bäck. 5-1, 32-34.

12 [58.2]: Jonas Davidsson, Maciej Janowski, Anton Rosén, Linus Sundström. 4-2, 36-36.

13 [59.4]: Greg Hancock, Jesper B Monberg, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Daniel Davidsson. 3-3, 39-39.

14 [58.7]: Maciej Janowski, Emil Sayfutdinov, Jonas Davidsson, Rafal Dobrucki ( R ). 3-3, 42-42.

-- Nominated heats --

15 [62.1]: Benny Johansson, Fredrik Engman, Jonas Olsson, Tomas Bäck ( F ). 1-5, 43-47.

16 [59.7]: Maciej Janowski, Greg Hancock, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Anton Rosén. 1-5, 44-52.

a tv-reportage about Smedernas speedway school:

Somewhere amongst them is the next Ove Fundin!!

Great scheme and something you just have to do to hook them whilst they are young. :t:

Thanks, my friend. Alan

Piraterna have signed Piotr Pawlicki. http://www.piraterna...spx?NodeId=1940

Fabulous young prospect. (see yesterday's Under 19 report).

I wonder if there is ANY possibility he will eventually BEE signed to a UK. team? :rofl:

Kindest regards. Alan.

I see that next Tuesday night league match Elit Vetlanda Vs Valsarna won't be live on Premier Sports, because of football :angry: It will be shown later that night at 9.45pm UK time :angry:

Edited by Robbie B