British Speedway Forum

Did he not have to return home early as his Mother in Law was seriously ill?

Yes, which is unfortunate would have been good if Marcin could have been at Berwick to give the fans the chance to thank him for his efforts this season and he could have been a potential winner.

He can be very happy with his efforts for Berwick this season, sure he wont be short of offers from either league in the winter.

Reading between the lines it looks as if he will be in Bordernapolis irrespective of how Scunthorpe do on Friday!!

He would be better going to Scunthorpe or he will end up with a ban leading into next season.

Yes, which is unfortunate would have been good if Marcin could have been at Berwick to give the fans the chance to thank him for his efforts this season and he could have been a potential winner.

He can be very happy with his efforts for Berwick this season, sure he wont be short of offers from either league in the winter.

He would be better going to Scunthorpe or he will end up with a ban leading into next season.

Dont think it is a problem? He will be riding at Scunthorpe Friday for them and as it seems at Berwick Saturday and they are not riding Saturday so he will not miss any meetings so cant get banned.I assune Scunthorpe would be just asking their riders not to take open bookings in case of injury if they make Final?

Dont think it is a problem? He will be riding at Scunthorpe Friday for them and as it seems at Berwick Saturday and they are not riding Saturday so he will not miss any meetings so cant get banned.I assune Scunthorpe would be just asking their riders not to take open bookings in case of injury if they make Final?

If Scunny beat Workington on the Friday they would be racing Rye in the YS on the Saturday.

If Scunny beat Workington on the Friday they would be racing Rye in the YS on the Saturday.

i think they are at rye on the sunday if they beat worky which would mean karlsson could ride at berwick on the sat.

If Scunthorpe beat Workington on Friday, I think you'll find they are scheduled to meet Rye House at Hoddesdon on Sunday 24.10.10 with a 4pm start.

If Workington overcome Scunthorpe, then the first leg of the Young Shield Final would be held at Derwent Park on Saturday evening 23.10.10.

If Scunthorpe beat Workington on Friday, I think you'll find they are scheduled to meet Rye House at Hoddesdon on Sunday 24.10.10 with a 4pm start.

If Workington overcome Scunthorpe, then the first leg of the Young Shield Final would be held at Derwent Park on Saturday evening 23.10.10.

Sorry my mistake. In that case that is fantastic commitment from Magnus Karlson that he is going to honour his commitment to Berwick and still race on the Saturday, super attitude.

Edited by wjm

Sorry my mistake. In that case that is fantastic commitment from Magnus Karlson that he is going to honour his commitment to Berwick and still race on the Saturday, super attitude.

maybe he is putting himself in the shop window for next season if the rumors are to be beleived that he wont be at scunny in 2011.

maybe he is putting himself in the shop window for next season if the rumors are to be beleived that he wont be at scunny in 2011.

Shows a bit of class from the man yeah, can imagine putting an open meeting together is a bit of a nightmare with dates and commitments.

All the riders that have agreed to come and race at Berwick this weekend should be praised and thanked for wanting to put on a show for the fans.

The idea of having riders from Scunny or Workington only adds to the meeting, sure Berwick fans will be keeping an eye on the YS match it’s a winner either way. Howe, PK, Tero and Schramm would ALL add something to the meeting in their own way.

This was the same with David Howe last season he was coming till Scunny done so well in the YS, he will need to get him self up one year to have a shot seems keen enough to come which is just what you want.

The grand finale to the speedway season at Berwick promises to be a truly international affair.

Riders from nine different countries will be racing at Shielfield Park on Saturday October 23rd – including two very bright young prospects, intent of proving themselves to the border promotion with 2011 in mind.

“We have invited 17-year-old Nicklas Porsing over from Holsted in Denmark,” reported a Berwick spokesperson. “He came over early, and raced a in a warm-up event at Stoke on Sunday evening – and came fourth, with a race win and four second places in front of some very classy riders!”

Also on Bordernapolis duty, and making his British debut, will be 21-year-old Polish starlet Borys Miturski.

“We have a good record of attracting Poles to Berwick” said team boss Ian Rae. “Stan Burza and the Rempala brothers come to mind from recent seasons – now here comes Borys, and it seems his Polish club – it’s called Czestochowa – are very excited about his coming over here, as they are making very big mentions of his trip on their website!”

Adding to the international flavour of Saturday night – the meeting is registered with the FIM to allow overseas riders to compete - will be Australian Travis McGowan who, although he has been competing in Premier League racing in Glasgow’s colours, is based in Sweden!

“True story” said Ian Rae. “Travis – nicknamed ‘Moose’ – lives in Sweden, and will be flying into Edinburgh, just to come down the A1 to race in our big event.

“Mind you, even our reserve riders are getting into the act

“Greg Blair, from Jedburgh, will be lining up on parade with the big guns on Saturday, full of confidence after scooping the pool up the road in Glasgow, where he won the coveted Heathersfield Golden Helmet from a field of younger riders, including a hotly-tipped young Dane.”

The anticipated line up will be:

Rory Schlein (Peterborough & Australia), Lee Complin (Berwick & England), Magnus Karlsson (Scunthorpe & England), Borys Miturski (Poland), Ty Proctor (Wolverhampton & Australia, Grzegorz Strózyk (Berwick & Poland), Ryan Fisher (Edinburgh & USA), Paul Clews (Berwick & England), Tero Aarnio (Scunthorpe & Finland), James Wright (Belle Vue & England), Nicklas Porsing (Denmark), Joe Haines (Redcar & England), Travis McGowan (Glasgow & Australia), David Howe (Scunthorpe & England), Shane Parker (Somerset & Australia), plus reserves Tamas Sike (Hungary) and Greg Blair (Scotland).

While other club officials continue to fine-tune the on-track events, commercial executive Julie Newton is pressing on with corporate sponsorship arrangements.

“We have just a few races, riders and smaller equipment sponsorships available – but only a few days to get these last few gaps filled up” she emphasised.

“Any groups of fans or businesses who would like to be entertained in one of our corporate hospitality lounges should get in touch with me at julie@berwickspeedway.co.uk or by leaving a message with my minder Phil on 07955-211618”.

Club co-owner John Anderson was discharged from Edinburgh Royal Hospital on Sunday afternoon, following a successful double by-pass cardiac procedure as recently as Tuesday.

“Best news of the week!” enthused a club spokesperson. “He’s made an amazing recovery, but we have warned him we don’t expect to see him at Shielfield Park for quite some time – he’ll be resting at home, regaining his health and strength, or we’ll all want to know the reason why!”

Sounds an excellent meeting but.......To call the PRIDE OF THE POTTERIES a warm up event....how very dare you!!!. Watch that Porsing go. Excellent at our place. Hope all have a good night.

Edited by Steeplejack

that makes sense i thought by the press release it was saying that the meeting was on the Sat at Hoddesdon, i think i would rather see Schrammy and Kildemand than Howe and AArnio

what about Magnus Karlsson will he not be riding for Scunthorpe aswell

as magnus's mechanic i can tell you that magnus will be riding for scunny on friday and hopefully at rye on sunday but no matter what the outcome will be at berwick on sat night to take his place in the line up.

as magnus's mechanic i can tell you that magnus will be riding for scunny on friday and hopefully at rye on sunday but no matter what the outcome will be at berwick on sat night to take his place in the line up.

Thanks for clearing things up,see both of you on saturday.

Looking at the long range forecast its not looking good, lets hope theyve got it wrong or the only winner here will be Mr Rain

Has time to change! :approve:

Cracking line up as well, really looking forward to this :D