British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Chris Harris

Well done to Chris,6th in the world and scored over 100 points.In the second half of the series he has come from nowhere to get himself into next years event,and plenty of excitement on the way.He has certainly brightened up my viewing of the GP`s.I didn`t think he had a prayer yesterday,but typical Chris he pulls out the big performance when required,and but for a small error in the final could have won off the least favoured gate.Easily my Elite League rider if the year,seems like a bl**dy nice bloke to boot aswell,rarely complains,and provided one of the moments of the year when he was run over by Bridger,getting up running back to the pits,and then beating Holder round Poole,great stuff.Well done mate.

Totally agree. Chris has proved a lot of doubters wrong this year. He has proved he is there on merit and not because the organisers need a Brit in there and he has put some pride back into British speedway.

Sixth in the world is a fine effort and better than any rider from Sweden or Denmark could produce.

Totally agree. Chris has proved a lot of doubters wrong this year. He has proved he is there on merit and not because the organisers need a Brit in there and he has put some pride back into British speedway.

Sixth in the world is a fine effort and better than any rider from Sweden or Denmark could produce.

The only rider in the top nine not to win a GP this season.

He didn't warrant the nomination he received for this season, but fair play to him on making a decent fist of things and finally getting around to qualifying. He should now be able to go back to scratching around and dining on this for a few seasons of nominations. He dined on Cardiff 2007 for long enough.

He didn't warrant the nomination he received for this season, but fair play to him on making a decent fist of things and finally getting around to qualifying. He should now be able to go back to scratching around and dining on this for a few seasons of nominations. He dined on Cardiff 2007 for long enough.

Not sure why you feel the need to mention this as the GP's are about consistency (Loram didn't win one when he won his title), excluding the top 3 Harris made more finals and more podiums than any other rider.

Full marks to Bomber what a great season for the lad , 6th in the world , british champion , elite league winner and pairs champion !! Lets hope they get him on local radio like last season !! all the best, kenny .

So Chris can depend on your support for next season,it NEVER ceases to amaze me how much some of the general public love to slate our people when they do well.So what if he`s "dining out" on his GP win in 2007,I tell you what,were you there ? I was, and that night was possibly one of the best experiences in speedway ,me and the 40 odd thousand Brits went potty when he went pass Hancock on that final bend.One thing you will always get from Harris is guts and determination and a fair amount of courage,there is never a lost cause.I would love to see him do even better next season,which will probibly be no good again for certain people.

So Chris can depend on your support for next season,it NEVER ceases to amaze me how much some of the general public love to slate our people when they do well.So what if he`s "dining out" on his GP win in 2007,I tell you what,were you there ? I was, and that night was possibly one of the best experiences in speedway ,me and the 40 odd thousand Brits went potty when he went pass Hancock on that final bend.One thing you will always get from Harris is guts and determination and a fair amount of courage,there is never a lost cause.I would love to see him do even better next season,which will probibly be no good again for certain people.

Spot on Cliffeboy :) .

I've always liked Harris and his never give up never give in attitude. On the international scene, I think he's performed a lot better than Nicholls and has given fans a lot of entertainment over the years. I personally hope that this great form he's found continues through into next years GP and the EL. To finish 6th overall is quite an achievement IMO and as I say, hopefully he can build on that next year.

The sky's the limit B)

Brilliant result, just 2 points off being 4th in the World.. :D

Not sure why you feel the need to mention this as the GP's are about consistency (Loram didn't win one when he won his title), excluding the top 3 Harris made more finals and more podiums than any other rider.

It's simple ladyluck can't really manage to say anything good about Chris and always wants to do him down.

Niamh

He didn't warrant the nomination he received for this season

Or one could credit BSI for giving a nomination to a rider with the talent to finish in the top 6...

Niamh

Or one could credit BSI for giving a nomination to a rider with the talent to finish in the top 6...

Niamh

Let's be honest,the only reason he got the nomination this year is that he is the best Brit available.No other reason for it.If he was a Dane or a Pole or a Swede he would have been sitting at home come GP weekend watching it on the box.I applaud the fact he has finally got going in the GP's and qualified on his own.But how times have changed when we have to celebrate that one of our riders finished 6th in the world.For many a year that would have been a big disappointment.Hope he manages to build on this,but somehow i doubt it.Let us all gloat about it for now though.We have a rider that has qualified for the GP's next year :approve:

Hope he manages to build on this,but somehow i doubt it.

Given that he has performed very near top 3 standard in the latter part of the season I see no reason to be negative about his abilities, unlike certain posters...

Niamh.

As a fellow CORNISHMAN the only thing i can say to you after your comments is UP YOURS

You really are a nasty piece of work, this is the second anti Chris Harris crap I have seen you post this week.