British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

I certainly don't hate Pawlicki. He is a very good gater so suits Coventry.

There's no problem either. Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011. Coventry will be looking around for 3 pointers to fill their reserve berths. Auty and ?

If that's what you think keep guessing!

I certainly don't hate Pawlicki. He is a very good gater so suits Coventry.

There's no problem either. Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011. Coventry will be looking around for 3 pointers to fill their reserve berths. Auty and ?

Wimbourne seemed to suit his style, really flew out the gate. Poole riders couldn’t get past him.

I wouldn’t be so sure he will be on a 6.00 average next season.

I wouldn’t be so sure he will be on a 6.00 average next season.

He won't be. It will be 6.18.

Now come on Colin you know better. There's an amendment to the rule book proposed for next season by Fat Maude. "For all future seasons it's OK for Poole to use the rule book to their advantage but any other team operating within the rulebook towards their own advantage, will be villified & brought to book".

:lol:

Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011.

On fairness grounds Pawlicki SHOULD be returning on his 4, just like Madsen did this year - given that he wasnt really a 4 either.

Classic photo, wjm biggrin.gif

Just slightly off topic but replying to Steve, Pawlicki made some brilliant cut backs at Poole, in heat 2, he saw a gap and took it.

If Pawlicki is on 6.18 or 5.98 or 5.00, I hope It's sorted quickly. It'll be unfair on Coventry if they plan to build a team around him, sign up other riders, then they suddenly have 2 points less than planned.

The hot line from Matt to his lapdog must be red hot by now!

Don't you mean Loyal Lapdog. :lol:

If that's what you think keep guessing!

Harris 7.85

KK 8.55

Barker 5.70

Pawlicki 6.18

Auty 3.0

Larsen 4.84

Plus one. 6.38 left.

here you are, Steve

Sandhu when he hears the BSPA ruling? :D

The best example to use would be Wolbert in the PL who missed a meeting through “illness” which prevent him from racing 12 meetings, yet came back on his assessed average.

As far as I know the rule hasn’t changed in a year?

I've always been under the impression that league speedway in GB wasn't a squad sport and that you had to track your declared 1-7 unless there was a legitimate reason. I didn't think the #8 was meant to be used for resting riders who were uninjured and available to ride.

But maybe that rule no longer exists - if it ever did. Maybe it was previously just a gentlemens' agreement. But with clubs like Coventry and Poole around who will push every rule and agreement to the limit maybe we need the rule to be clear.

I've always been under the impression that league speedway in GB wasn't a squad sport and that you had to track your declared 1-7 unless there was a legitimate reason. I didn't think the #8 was meant to be used for resting riders who were uninjured and available to ride.

But maybe that rule no longer exists - if it ever did. Maybe it was previously just a gentlemens' agreement. But with clubs like Coventry and Poole around who will push every rule and agreement to the limit maybe we need the rule to be clear.

That "rule" never existed. This rule (#8 at any time) has been used many times by a few clubs. It's just an extention of the rule that has always allowed a team to use a 3 point "junior" at any time.

Edited by SCB