British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

OK it wasn't Poland it was Germany. Still, he managed to win the meeting with his "terrible hand injury".

He didn't. It was a team meeting. And it was 2 days later.

AND ITS IRRELEVANT!!

OK it wasn't Poland it was Germany. Still, he managed to win the meeting with his "terrible hand injury".

Err.....it was a German League Play-Off meeting.

Seems reasonable to try his injury out in a lesser meeting, the day before a play off match in the UK.

Think roscoes reply on bees site sums it up perfectly

Oh c'mon mate. It's obvious what he's referring to.

Not the same as your statement of putting pen to paper to moan about.

Everybody is free to read it and make up their own minds though.

As I said!

Err.....it was a German League Play-Off meeting.

Seems reasonable to try his injury out in a lesser meeting, the day before a play off match in the UK.

There was an individual meeting he won with 14 points around the same time. I am not saying he rode elsewhere on the Thursday of the Swindon meeting, just that it was reported that he was injured and needed to be rested for the Swindon meeting because of his injury. It's all on here somewhere but I am not going to search through old threads lookiing for it.

Part of Rosco's statement, referring to Matt: "he needs to look in the mirror" Lol! So right!

There was an individual meeting he won with 14 points around the same time. I am not saying he rode elsewhere on the Thursday of the Swindon meeting, just that it was reported that he was injured and needed to be rested for the Swindon meeting because of his injury. It's all on here somewhere but I am not going to search through old threads lookiing for it.

He was second in the Polish u-21 with 14 points, but that on the 11th.

So apart from Matt Ford, whinging about Coventry not breaking the rules his statement is also based on inaccurate information. Glad thats all sorted now. :D

So these fireworks that were not let off, I am sure Sky were expecting them to be used whatever the result, a pretty poor show from the Poole Promotion, and then add in the fact that some showers had no running hot water, the NL is apparently too expensive to run, are things a bit financially tight at Poole this year? perhaps Matt is thinking of dropping down again...

Queston for Steve Shovlar 'Are you allowed within the rules to replace any member of your team with your No8' ?

Edited by mitch

He was second in the Polish u-21 with 14 points, but that on the 11th.

So he rode well on the 11th, was not capable of riding on the 16th, then rode again well on the 19th.

The case rests, m'lud. :D

So he rode well on the 11th, was not capable of riding on the 16th, then rode again well on the 19th.

If you were up before the beak mate you'd be fined for wasting police time :D

An interesting column from Matt Ford in last nights Poole program.

All I know is I have had 5 fellow Elite Legue promoters contact me voicing their concerns over his inclusion at reserve. I'll leave you all to form your own opinions about how we feel over the whole matter."[/i]

END.

I have heard about this a few weeks ago and have heard a few views on what is likely to be proposed at the AGM.

One option is that the rule regarding riders averaging 6.00 or over in the Swedish or Polish top league gets a 5.00 average, this may well be changed to 5.00 in those leagues or even 4.00 as riders of the standard of Lindgren, Iversen, Harris, Batchelor and many more havent even averaged six points a match in Poland.

Another is that a rider that rides in 11 matches will be given three pointless rides on their average as a way of replacing the missing match, meaning Pawlicki will go from 82 pts from 53 rides at 11 meetings = 4.00* too a new average of 82 points from 56 rides from 12 meetings, giving him a new average of 5.86 (would have been 6.19)

There definatley seems to be plans in place that will stop teams using riders for a second season still on assessed averages .... which way they do it remains to be seen ?

Not really much different to Mroczka riding 4/10, ringing in sick 11/10, riding 13/10 - in fact, Pawlicki had one extra day to get fit.

The case rests, m'lud. biggrin.gif

Once again, its no different to Joe Screen being unfit to ride for Poole last year with a shoulder injury one day then scoring a maximum in Denmark the next day. Checkmateicon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif

Another is that a rider that rides in 11 matches will be given three pointless rides on their average as a way of replacing the missing match, meaning Pawlicki will go from 82 pts from 53 rides at 11 meetings = 4.00* too a new average of 82 points from 56 rides from 12 meetings, giving him a new average of 5.86 (would have been 6.19)

Who's proposing this? What a wonderfully stupid idea.