British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Not such a surprise.

Joe Haines average from 11 meetings 6.21.

Hope they don't change the rules if Wolves want to use him next year. :D

Not according to the BSPA. It's 2.58 (11 matches [4 Home + 7 Away] 45 rides, 29 points)

ATB

Dave

At least he managed to ride enough meetings to get a proper average. :wink:

Absolutely. Pawlicki absence so he could only ride 11 of the 14 meetings was an absolute joke and the reason why Coventry are viewed with derision by the majority of EL promotions.

Coventry fans and the usual Pole bashers might think its all good, but the majority of fair minded speedway fans know Coventry conned their way to the title by streching the rules past breaking point.

A hollow victory and a sad day for the sport when a rider on an assessed average is managed to be used at reserve through missing over half of his programmed meetings.

At least us Poole fans can hold our heads high in the knowledge we used the same 1-7 throughout the season. We didn't have to manipulate the teams average down to fit KK into the side in place of Sitera, which made the combined average of the Coventry team nearly 5 points stronger than every other team in the league.

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans, and will no doubt bvring around rule changes so this mullarkey doesn't happen again.

Absolutely. Pawlicki absence so he could only ride 11 of the 14 meetings was an absolute joke and the reason why Coventry are viewed with derision by the majority of EL promotions.

Coventry fans and the usual Pole bashers might think its all good, but the majority of fair minded speedway fans know Coventry conned their way to the title by streching the rules past breaking point.

A hollow victory and a sad day for the sport when a rider on an assessed average is managed to be used at reserve through missing over half of his programmed meetings.

At least us Poole fans can hold our heads high in the knowledge we used the same 1-7 throughout the season. We didn't have to manipulate the teams average down to fit KK into the side in place of Sitera, which made the combined average of the Coventry team nearly 5 points stronger than every other team in the league.

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans, and will no doubt bvring around rule changes so this mullarkey doesn't happen again.

Please don't forget Bridger for Schlein or doesn't that help your Party line

Not according to the BSPA. It's 2.58 (11 matches [4 Home + 7 Away] 45 rides, 29 points)

ATB

Dave

Sorry,

Got them the wrong way round.

Coventry conned their way to the title by streching the rules past breaking point.

A hollow victory

God I've never seen such a sour graceless loser as you!

At least us Poole fans can hold our heads high in the knowledge we used the same

rule to bring Hans Andersen into the Poole team last year!

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans.

Actually I view it as a championship well won and the only thing I view with utter disdain is those Poole fans who can't stop whinging and are effectively giving good cause to neutrals to dislike their club.

Niamh

Steve, you are surely now just on a wind up. Firstly you congratulate Coventry, saying you had no complaints, which I pointed out to several posters who were mocking you in your absence and now because Ford has spoken out you have changed your tune. I'm beginning to understand now why so many can't wait to get their claws into you.

I notice how you ignore all the posts asking how Poole constantly manage to get riders on low averages or why Screen famously missed a Poole match injured only to score well the very next day. Why can't you just admit that Coventry played the system better than Poole this season? You know that if the situation was reversed that Poole would have done the same.

The vast majority of Poole fans can hold their heads up high, Poole have been a fantastic team this season and most have taken the defeat with dignity, including Middlo and Watt.

As for real speedway fans, what does that even mean? I consider myself a speedway fan, I'm not sure what counts as real or fake but I'm definately a fan.

I also feel Coventry played by the rules, whether we think the rules are fair or not, they were not broken. There are things we all think are unfair but if the rules allow then it's down to the rule makers.

I certainly won't be looking at their victory with distain and I would guess that the vast majority of fans, Poole included, will be of the same opinion as me.

I've stuck up for you plenty of times Steve but not on this occasion, as I'm not even sure you're being serious and I certainly feel you're wrong.

I've stuck up for you plenty of times Steve but not on this occasion, as I'm not even sure you're being serious and I certainly feel you're wrong.

Just a little sick of the unbelievable arrogance coming from many Coventry fans over the last few days.

Why couldn't Coventry have faced us fair and square? Were they afraid we would see them off it they had Pawlicki in the team?

Were they afraid we would win up there so doctored the track and turned it into slush. They had time to sort their track out all afternoon but just dumped shale on top of the wet stuff and made the first leg into a joke.

Were they afraid their 4.92 team average advantage over Poole was not enough? Why couldn't they have been honorable and faced up to us fair and square?

Sure there's many on here who love to see Poole fail, especially after amassing a 26 point lead over Coventry in the league section. Every neutral would have been baying for the under dog. But the under dog was actually Poole.

Well done Coventry.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

OK it wasn't Poland it was Germany. Still, he managed to win the meeting with his "terrible hand injury".

Once again, its no different to Joe Screen being unfit to ride for Poole last year with a shoulder injury one day then scoring a maximum in Denmark the next day. Checkmateicon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif

precisely. If its ok for one of there own but not ok for others it seems. :rolleyes:

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans.

You understand how its like to be held in derision by real speedway fans after last years `alledged` altering averages to bring in Hans.

In fact Coventry`s win will be remembered for all the good reasons. The day the all singing all dancing super powers of Poole choked.

So he rode well on the 11th, was not capable of riding on the 16th, then rode again well on the 19th.

The case rests, m'lud. biggrin.gif

He never had to ride in the swindon match ....Rosco said he rested him, he never said anythink about him not being capable to ride .

Just a little sick of the unbelievable arrogance coming from many Coventry fans over the last few days.

Why couldn't Coventry have faced us fair and square? Were they afraid we would see them off it they had Pawlicki in the team?

Were they afraid we would win up there so doctored the track and turned it into slush. They had time to sort their track out all afternoon but just dumped shale on top of the wet stuff and made the first leg into a joke.

Were they afraid their 4.92 team average advantage over Poole was not enough? Why couldn't they have been honorable and faced up to us fair and square?

Sure there's many on here who love to see Poole fail, especially after amassing a 26 point lead over Coventry in the league section. Every neutral would have been baying for the under dog. But the under dog was actually Poole.

Well done Coventry.

i can fit you in to have those nasty grapes removed in the next few days if you wish ??

Once again, its no different to Joe Screen being unfit to ride for Poole last year with a shoulder injury one day then scoring a maximum in Denmark the next day. Checkmateicon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif

But Screen was given a new average anyway so no advantage was gained................what about Pawlicki???

But Screen was given a new average anyway so no advantage was gained................what about Pawlicki???

Exactly.

Well done Coventry.

Don`t forget Coventry also WATERED THE TRACK 2 hours before the first leg as well !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

I think the situation on shamek should surely be incidental, A Poole team with the riders they had should still have had plenty in the locker to beat the bees. At the end of the day and just as davey watt said on sky " we are choking"

Bees had a better team spirit and momentum which is the key to winning playoffs in any sport.

Blah Blah Blah yawn yawn yawn.

Don`t forget Coventry also WATERED THE TRACK 2 hours before the first leg as well !!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get that information from?