British Speedway Forum

Good luck to the Brummies if indeed they have moved up as rumoured. Just hope it's not a case of s**t and bust after a season, especially after all the hard work to get the Brummies back on track :blink:

Good luck to the Brummies if indeed they have moved up as rumoured. Just hope it's not a case of s**t and bust after a season, especially after all the hard work to get the Brummies back on track :blink:

I think that's the worry ajh,having not been in the EL since our re-launch.

I second that :)

What would be interesting is that you guy pay £15-£16 to watch PL racing at the moment. If you do go EL what would be the cost for that????????

The same. It was always stated Birmingham charged so much because they had 3 seasons to pay back the cost of building he track. That cost has now been repayed so all money can go a team, as they have money to spare, they can spend that on an EL team, I assume.

Bloody hell JJ,you've got a good memory!! :lol:

It's remembering yesterday that's the problem ... :oops:

I was there cheering for Whacker Hunt and Graham Warren once upon a time! :D

Birmingham have definitely moved in to the Elite League taken the place of Ipswich who drop down a division.

IF this is the case , I can`t see Lyonssie staying with you Guys , Not enough Meetings for him, I`d have thought ;)

Lucky

Yes Brum could support an Elite League team, but it would need to be fairly succesful ON Track to achieve this,and not just make up the numbers for Sky.. :D

My big worry is what sort of team we could put out next year, if you look at our asset base then there very few options, only really James Wright and Ludvig Lindgren ( probably Jason wont do EL anymore). So we would just be signing riders the bigger teams didnt want to use and it remains to be seen how much Tony is willing to spend on the side. Also we have to remember that costs are THREE times of the Premier League, so I would be a bit worried.

However,currently we are paying £15 for Premier League Speedway, you have to wonder whether some people find that too expensive for that level of speedway. There will be many job losses in this city where people will pick and choose sporting events and perhaps some people would eb attracted to a 'higher level' of speedway for that price. Theres no doubt derby matches with Wolves and Coventry would draw in big crowds, plus it could even increase publicity for the club accross the city. Every bloody time BBC WM are interviewing Drury they are ALWAYS asking about the Brummies moving up. Also could big potential sponsors come onboard if we raced at a higher level, in terms of sponsorship the club is in a very good position in that regard aleadly.

So I can see both sides of the argument, however theres no doubt it would be a gamble and I would be apprehensive if it happened. Although whatever they decide, I will back them 100% as if we did move up the the club needs our full support even more. Tomorrow evenings AGM news cant come quick enough as far as im concerned.

IF this is the case , I can`t see Lyonssie staying with you Guys , Not enough Meetings for him, I`d have thought ;)

Lucky

Lyonsie made it crystal clear back in 2009 at Brum awards night,that if we were to go EL at anytime then it wouldn't be for him.Whether his views on that have changed,I don't know.

Birmingham have definitely moved in to the Elite League taken the place of Ipswich who drop down a division.

Proof?

Ill wait untill its officially announced before I believe it.

Really hope this rumour proves to be unfounded.

I'm sure crowds against Wolves and Coventry would be very good, but I don't think they would be sufficient to make up the shortfall when Birmingham face the other 6/7 EL teams for the second or third time in 7 months.

:sad::sad:

Really hope this rumour proves to be unfounded.

I'm sure crowds against Wolves and Coventry would be very good, but I don't think they would be sufficient to make up the shortfall when Birmingham face the other 6/7 EL teams for the second or third time in 7 months.

Really gonna miss you guys!

Wow, if true, that's again a bit of a shock!

Lyonsie made it crystal clear back in 2009 at Brum awards night,that if we were to go EL at anytime then it wouldn't be for him.Whether his views on that have changed,I don't know.

That would be a shame IF we do move up although understandable, Jason is a legend of this club with his performances over the past 4 seasons.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Proof?

Ill wait untill its officially announced before I believe it.

If it had come from anyone else, i'd be sceptical too. From Catch22, then put your house on it!!

I can see 2 Ipswich riders at Birmingham next season. Danny King and Robert Miskowiak.

King has worked with Mick Bratley before at Peterborough and Bratley also thinks a lot of Miskowiak and has tried to sign him too in the past.

I can see 2 Ipswich riders at Birmingham next season. Danny King and Robert Miskowiak.

I would love to see Danny King in Brummies colours if we did go up, a rider I have always liked.