British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

I do have a little concern. It was reported that Buster had spent 200k on the ground at Kings Lynn Football club, which is an amazing amount of money, on a council owned property, maybe, just maybe he needs to get some cash back into the coffers, and this deal was too good to turn down.

The Council fronted up around £130k for the development itself.

By all account we will find out either way tomorrow!

Just be nice to know now so the speculation can stop and the team building can begin.

Just be nice to know now so the speculation can stop and the team building can begin.

Let's hope we do lol all this speculation is not good for us fans :D

Just a thought

Could it be possible that EL speedway WILL be at King's Lynn but under Peterborough's name???????????

The reason I say this is that, if the Peterborough promotion do pull out and it get all legal the BSPA may run the club but the landlords at the Showground rental costs could be out of their reach and Buster has offer a helping hand.

Thought's?????

I am sure Lynn would never run under Peterboroughs name.

And Peterborough don't have an issue with the rental of the Showground i don't think.They have a problem with some of the new rules to what i can gather.

Well some pretty interesting times we live in eh ?

Do i have sympathy with BSPA, no not at all, this has been coming for a while. This has been coming ever since the BSPA allowed one of its members to cream off all the money that previously had been shared between all tracks. The cartel (there's a pun in there somewhere)now have a bit of a problem, and they now have to beg there problem child back into the fold.

There never has been more revenue in speedway, than now, it simply isnt being distributed on a fair and equitable basis.

There was a time when Keith Chapman had to conceed to whatever punishment the BSPA decided to dish out to him. Now the shoe is on the other foot, Keith holds all the cards.

I admire Mr Sandhu, he has been very badly treated by the BSPA for a while now, finally he has said enough is enough, good for him. When he owned Hamill and Hancock, he was forced to give them away when he should have been paid for there services. He is a good man, whom the authorities should have welcomed into the fold, instead he has continually been treated with derision, quite wrongly in my opinion.

Dont know much about Mr Frost, but my sources tell me he is a decent fellow, he must have very good reasons for taking the stance he is currently taking.

What would i like to see happen now ? Obviously seeing Kings Lynn back in the Elite League is an exciting prospect, and only Buster knows what are the right circumstances for this to happen. I have every reason to trust his ability to make the correct decision for the club.

Do i personally care what happens to the sport should Kings Lynn refuse to go up, or if the Elite League fails because of the actions of Coventry, Peterborough or any other club ?

Not really

I hope that the current situation leads to a new administration being set up to properly run speedway in Great Britain. The BSPA as is simply is not working, not for the clubs, the fans , or for the future prospects of having a successful Great Britain Team. Despite the best efforts of many, we are no closer to developing new young riders for the future now than we were twenty years ago. There is lots of evidence oversea's of what is needed to bring on young riders, but we continue to bury our head in the sand. I do not criticise Rob Lyons or any of the previous Team GB managers for the current lack of International success, we simply are not putting enough resources into training and encouraging youngsters into the sport. With the amount of money Sky has paid for the TV rights over the last few years, some money at least should have been put into youth development.

Instead we just continue from one crisis to another

Edited by Canadian Star

I think KL should nip in and sign Harris and Batchelor while Coventry and Peterborough aren't looking :D

Let's hope we do lol all this speculation is not good for us fans :D

I agree with that

I would also like to see the Stars still in the PL for 2011

The EL is in a mess, which gets bigger each season it seems

If all of this cash is around, and we don't know that it is, then offer it to Ipswich to continue in the EL

I don't want to see us blundering along at the bottom of the EL and I certainly don't want to see us there at the expense of speedway for the Bees and Panthers fans

We have a successful formula at the NA, both on and off the track, which ensures survival every season

Lets keep it that way, especially in the hard times to come!

Interesting to see it on Sky mate. Let's hope this is put to bed sooner rather later, not only for the good of the sport, but for the sake of the fans from all (possbily)3 clubs (Bees, Panthers, Stars), or it will make the EL even more of a joke than it is at the moment.

It's a flaming mess that's for sure :unsure:

The EL is in a mess, which gets bigger each season it seems

If all of this cash is around, and we don't know that it is, then offer it to Ipswich to continue in the EL

We have a successful formula at the NA, both on and off the track, which ensures survival every season

Lets keep it that way, especially in the hard times to come!

There is a sum of money that Sky pay for the rights to screen UK Speedway. In the good old days this TV money used to be shared out at the end of the season amongst all the clubs, including any profits from shared events. Nowadays a company called Gospeed own the media rights for UK Speedway, they collect all the money and hand some of it back to the promoters as they see fit.

I could make an educated as to how much that could be, suffice to say that if it was all shared out to the tracks, as in the good old days, perhaps most of them wouldnt be losing money as seems likely

I am sure Lynn would never run under Peterboroughs name.

And Peterborough don't have an issue with the rental of the Showground i don't think.They have a problem with some of the new rules to what i can gather.

You miss understand

Peterborough = EL

King's Lynn = PL

King's Lynn reserves = NL

All at the Norfolk Arena

The BSPA run Peterborough & use the Norfolk Arena as the venue because it works out cheaper in rental costs for all party's. It wouldn't be at the showground because Frost holds the rental agreement but would be suspended by the BSPA.

You miss understand

Peterborough = EL

King's Lynn = PL

All at the Norfolk Arena

The BSPA run Peterborough & use the Norfolk Arena as the venue because it works out cheaper in rental costs for all party's. It wouldn't be at the showground because Frost holds the rental agreement but would be suspended by the BSPA.

How would KL survive if all those meetings were held at the NA?

I could see you losing the Kings Lynn NL team and the PL team being supported as 'well' as the NL team are now...

It could be the death of Kings Lynn...

You miss understand

Peterborough = EL

King's Lynn = PL

All at the Norfolk Arena

Not sure how that would work, but as long as KL run PL at the NA I would be happy.