British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

Congratulations to Buxton :) always knew it wouldve been tough without the likes of Todd and Mark, but alot of effort was put in to put a team together (so well done newport). Newport hornets have had a great season this year we may not have won trophies but theres alot of positives to look back on! Really hope the hornets ride again next season

P.S. Hope everyone has a safe christmas and new year :)

Why did Todd not ride in the NLRC last night?

I think he would of been on an airplane on his way back to Oz I believe :blink:

Congratulations Buxton for becoming 2010 Champions in all 3 NL Team Trophies :D

I think he would of been on an airplane on his way back to Oz I believe

Don`t think so

Well done Buxton, were over the whole course of the season the best team, despite the Hornets being a class above during the first couple of months.

But still, to decide the title on 1 leg is absoloutely pathetic. Buxton would of won anyway due to the depleted Hornets side (Kurtz, Webster, Jones and JWW missing) but still, it is a total and utter farce.

The BSPA are a disgrace for allowing this to happen, the rules are made up as they go along. Absoloute bunch of 24 carate arseholes.

Well done Buxton, were over the whole course of the season the best team....

Hmm, could be. But of course they didn't in the end need to be the best team "over the course of the whole season" did they..?! :blink:

After all, the best measure of that is a league table: one which actually shows Dudley first and the Hornets second and Buxton, but third... :shock:

Today all that was needed was to win ONE match - and in fact one would probably have backed literally any side in the 2010 NL to have beaten the fatally weakened Newport line-up which took to track today, in a one-off tie with home advantage... :neutral:

Yes they'll be the argument that the "rules" were set before the season began. But the "rules" should also have insisted not just on a mid-September cut-off for the play off qualification but also an end of September deadline to complete the semis and dates in the first week of October for the Final.

Because they didn't this has ended up the most unsatisfactory end to a season ever in the third tier and I fear we'll all end up paying for that... :cry:

I'm a speedway fan, the rules were set out for both finals before any 1st legs were run, so I'd have accepted it. It's a shame some can't

Hmm, and it's a shame you can't apologise for your totally nonsensical slur against Newport claiming that, er, it didn't rain in South Wales on Friday and somehow by calling the first leg off the Hornets hoped to gain some, er, advantage...

As it happens, I have it on good account that there was no rain at Newport on Friday, but they could only get 4 riders together so thought it was better coming today at 0-0 rather than being X amount of points down.

Hmm, could be. But of course they didn't in the end need to be the best team "over the course of the whole season" did they..?! :blink:

After all, the best measure of that is a league table: one which actually shows Dudley first and the Hornets second and Buxton, but third... :shock:

Today all that was needed was to win ONE match - and in fact one would probably have backed literally any side in the 2010 NL to have beaten the fatally weakened Newport line-up which took to track today, in a one-off tie with home advantage... :neutral:

Yes they'll be the argument that the "rules" were set before the season began. But the "rules" should also have insisted not just on a mid-September cut-off for the play off qualification but also an end of September deadline to complete the semis and dates in the first week of October for the Final.

Because they didn't this has ended up the most unsatisfactory end to a season ever in the third tier and I fear we'll all end up paying for that... :cry:

Suggest you have another look at the league table. As for a weakend Newport team think you will find Buxton weren't at full strength either but at the end of the day any team can only beat what is put in front of them.

Jayne and all at and connected with Buxton on deserved success this year - end of story! :wink:

Buxton dont make the rules and from what ive seen they have been the most consistent and entertaining team for the season any way.

They deserve all that comes their way.

They took the chance on a relatively unknown aussie kid and other team members and its paid off them.

14+1 in your last meeting of the year Spodge well done mate and we will see you soon.

I think he would of been on an airplane on his way back to Oz I believe

Don`t think so

Well Im sure I read it in the Speedway Star that he was heading back home so couldn't ride for the Hornets. I could be wrong, but Im sure thats what I read. ;):)

Are you on night shift or couldn't you sleep posting at some unearthly hour over there. Looks like the boy rode well today and stuck with Buxton to the end of the season.

Well done to Buxton on the seasons successes.

Some of us actually get up to follow the Updates! I usually catch the tail end of 'em. I trust you'll reciprocate and be up early for the Australian Solos Updates, etc?

Just like to echo everyone's congratulations for Buxton and commiserations to the Mighty HORNETS.

Edited by BigFatDave

Parsloes your nothing but a sore loser, and all ive ever seen from you on here from you is whinging and whining.

In our Australian Football league we have a trophy for the leader at the end of the home and away season, its called the MINOR premiers.

But that all means f, all when the Grand final comes around and when the Collingwood supporters were singing, Good old Collingwood forever,nobody remenmbered who the minor premiers were they were an insignificant piece of history.

Buxton spanked you in the Play off semi and for good measure also in the KOC, so if because Dudley finished above Buxton in the minor premiership on points difference you think you should be champs your in la la land, Buxton were the best team this year and they have the National League crown to prove it.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

Well Im sure I read it in the Speedway Star that he was heading back home so couldn't ride for the Hornets. I could be wrong, but Im sure thats what I read. ;):)

He was still here Sunday morning. :blink:

I agrre that Newport were missing riders due to injuries and riders returning to Australia as did Buxton but for the Main Man to include Mark Jones in the list of missing riders does seem strange to certain people.The reason Mark Jones was missing was that his six month visa/permit ran out in early September. A question that either Mr Mallett or Mr Rogers have answered, letters sent to them in early September and I am still awaiting a reply, is did Mark have the current paperwork to ride any NL meetings in 2010 because as Tyson Nelson found out in July a 6 month vistors visa does not allow you to ride team speedway either as a professional or a amateur according to the immigration rules of GB as outlined on the UKBA web site and breaking these rules can result in heavy fines for the employer and deporatation for the illegal immigrant

Is anyone from the Newport promotion prepare to come on this forum and state where on the UKBA web site it states that holders of a six month permit/visa can be employed as a sportsman or why or how Marks' paperwork was different from that held by Tyson Nelson otherwise maybe they should remeber the old saying about the best thing to do when you are in a hole is to stop digging

By the way congratulations to all at Buton especially the promotion who did comply with the rules be they the rules set by the BSPA or the UKBA