British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

Am I the only one or following last nights lengthy meeting at Kings Lynn does the start time of 3pm at Buxton cause concern. With the clocks changing if it is a dark day then there will not be enough time to fit 15 heats in before the light fades,I would think it would not be safe for racing after 4.15pm. Does anyone know if it may start earlier at say 1.30pm to allow for a proper safe meeting and to give value for money to those who pay for admission.

Am I the only one or following last nights lengthy meeting at Kings Lynn does the start time of 3pm at Buxton cause concern. With the clocks changing if it is a dark day then there will not be enough time to fit 15 heats in before the light fades,I would think it would not be safe for racing after 4.15pm. Does anyone know if it may start earlier at say 1.30pm to allow for a proper safe meeting and to give value for money to those who pay for admission.

3pm start time suits me. Any earlier and I doubt I'd be able to make it

It will not matter what the start time is, the weather forecast is grim for sunday so I don't think the meeting will be on.

The meeting will go ahead if at all possible. At the moment there are no problems with the track and the forecast is for showers but that changes day to day.

Edit: Just checked another site and they are forecasting light rain from 5pm so fingers crossed.

Edited by Jayne

I hope it's rained off simply because a one legged final is a complete farce.

And then awarded to Buxton as they finished above Newport in the league :P

(before anyone mentions Dudley again, they didn't reach the playoff final, the league champions will be either Buxton or Newport regardless of what the rules should be)

And then awarded to Buxton as they finished above Newport in the league :P

(before anyone mentions Dudley again, they didn't reach the playoff final, the league champions will be either Buxton or Newport regardless of what the rules should be)

Well THAT as a concept makes no sense. If it's rained off then the ONLY conclusion - based entirely on what you've argued - is that there is NO League champion for 2010.

Which would be the entire fault, frankly, of all four clubs which made the play offs and knew they were in them from 12 September but made little to no effort to get the semis started as a process until over a whole month later...

This was utterly avoidable and yet this is where we are now...

IF the 'second leg' (sic) goes ahead, it'll result in a title win for Buxton which I'd say can be said to be deserved based on their two-legged win over Dudley who finished top of the division. By the time these play offs came Newport had no sort of a side so really were a spent force.

Someone remind me again why the P/Os in the NL are a good idea..?!

So If Newport go to Buxton on sunday and win Ht1 by 5-1 and the rains come down so much the meeting cannot continue ,does that mean Newport will be League Champions

nope,got to go to 12.As they make up the rules as they go along,I might give next season a miss.

Rather like a one-legged man in an ar$e-kicking contest, would you say?

nope,got to go to 12.As they make up the rules as they go along,I might give next season a miss.

Well we Didn't Go to Ht 12 in the First leg so why should it have go to Ht 12 in the 2nd